Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Introduce Yourself! Discuss Staying in Orlando in the WDWRadio.com forums; Hi Everyone. My fiance and i will be going to Orlando in July for a business conference of his we will be spending the first to days in Disney World. ...
    mikey20 is offline A-Ticket holder

Question Staying in Orlando

Hi Everyone.

My fiance and i will be going to Orlando in July for a business conference of his we will be spending the first to days in Disney World. After that he has courses during the day.

My question is what type of activities are there for a girl to do by herself during the day. Any type of spa's you would recommend. Im open to anything basically. :mickey:

Thanks Michelle

vixen101485 is offline Queen of the Swaps, bow before me
    HI Mikey Welcome to the site...have fun posting.

What type of activities to do...why go to Disney of course....lol Can never have too much of that. Where are you staying? On Disney Property or off? I myself am not to familiar with the Orlando area-one of our local ppl might be better at that. If you are staying on Disney property there are tons of things to do that doesn't actually involve going into the parks themselves. The Disney Resorts are really neat place to tour(and correct me if I am wrong guys but doesnt one of the bigger ones have a free tour during the day?) Downtown Disney is fun if you like to browse shops and people watch (sometimes they even have special events going on free to the public)
    The only places I know of in Orlando are the dinner show things which can get pretty pricey and are no fun on your own.
    Have fun while you are there and post here often, someone will help you out I'm sure.
    It's a Disney thing. If you understood, your only question would be "can I go?"

TRICK OR TREAT FOR UNICEF
    FOR MORE INFO CLICK THIS LINK http://inside.unicefusa.org/goto/Meghyn

SaraTheGreat is offline Ooo I can change this now!!!
    There are spas on Disney property, Grand Floridian and saratoga Springs. There is also a lot of great shopping in Orlando. Large outlet malls and very nice regular malls if you are interested. Amazingly enough there are also museums and gardens and such in the area too. I'll be glad to answer any questions you have. I lived in Orlando for a year. A lot of things depend on where you are staying and whether you will have a car.

Ahh Shopping! For some reason i forgot about that one!!!

Basically we dont know where we are staying but will find out in the next week or so but it won't be on site I don't think. I'm not familiar with orlando at all but if Jay and i were to stay on site how hard would it be for him to get to the conference probably held d/t or something.

Minnie_Mouse007 is offline "Laughter is America's most important export."-Walt Disney
    well, I think the best thing at all is to go to WDW!!!!!!!! lol. Downtown Disney has some nice shopping, and yes, the spas, are awesome! I like the Mall of Millenia too. awesome, it's all awesome.
    ~Elyse
    GO KNIGHTS!
    I'm a baby Knight! UCF '13

Just to verify i will be spending two days in wdw with jay. but just not sure if id want to go there by myself. thats why im looking for other suggestions

SnwhtNdwrfs is offline Dancing with the dwarfs!
    Being entertained by the voices in my head
    I would go to WDW by myself and not have any problems with it. I was supposed to go last Oct by myself but my DH decided to go at the last moment. We still had fun- lol. Enjoy your trip!

vixen101485 is offline Queen of the Swaps, bow before me
    try this site for some info on Orlando area
    http://www.orlandoinfo.com/

They have a card you can send for (call them-toll free) that gives you discounts on area attractions, shopping and such
    It's a Disney thing. If you understood, your only question would be "can I go?"

TRICK OR TREAT FOR UNICEF
    FOR MORE INFO CLICK THIS LINK http://inside.unicefusa.org/goto/Meghyn

SaraTheGreat is offline Ooo I can change this now!!!
    If you are staying near the coference center I would get a car if I were you. There's not too much near there that is very interesting. I'm sure your hotel will probably have a shuttle to WDW but not much else. Staying at Disney would probably be pretty inconvenient for your fiance if the conference is elsewhere. He would still need to rent a car.

Jiminy Cricket is offline Ultimate Park "Hopper"
    1,015 miles from WDW in Central Indiana; Windermere FL
    Welcome to the boards!!!
    Lord High Keeper of the Knowledge of Right and Wrong, Counselor in Moments of Temptation, and Guide along the Straight and Narrow Path and Oldest Active DWT/WDW Radio Member

DL: 1955* (1); WDW: 1977* (2), 1980* (2), 1985* (3), 1989* (3), 1996 (ASMu-3), 1999 (ASMo-3), 2000 (ASMu-2/PO-2), 2001 (ASMu-5), 2002 (ASMu-5), 2003 (ASMo-5), 2004* (8), 2004 (ASMo-8), 2005 (PC-10), 2006* (15), 2007* (20), 2008* (22), 2009* (26), 2010* (27), 2011* (32), 2012* (39), 2013* (36), 2013* (15), 2013* (9), 2013* (13), 2014* (40) 2014 (11) Total Trips/Days = 27/364

*Off Property