Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Introduce Yourself! Discuss Just bounced in to say I'm NEW! in the WDWRadio.com forums; Hello everyone! My name is Lori Burke and I'm from St. Marys, PA. I'm not good at writing stuff like this so bear with me if it seems like I'm ...

Talking Just bounced in to say I'm NEW!

Hello everyone! My name is Lori Burke and I'm from St. Marys, PA. I'm not good at writing stuff like this so bear with me if it seems like I'm rambling on or not making sense . I guess I first fell in love with Disney in 1986. That was my first trip to "the world". I had just graduated from 8th grade. But I don't think my obsession started until college. And my addiction started about 9 years or so ago. They need DA meetings so I can go to them and stand up and say "Hello, my name is Lori and I'm a Disney addict."
    Not a lot of people understand my "problem" around here. I think it's because I live in a small city where there are a lot of factories and not much $$. Or maybe it's because they all like being miserable and grumpy!

My most recent trip was in January. There was 6 of us. Myself, DH, DD5, my parents and niece-11. It was my niece's 1st trip. Since we just became DVC members last year this was our 1st DVC trip too. We stayed at OKW in a 2 bedroom vacation home. WOW-was it nice and roomy! We all had a great time and didn't kill each other, which is wonderful considering my dad is always tight with his $$$ And while we were there it was my birthday so we ate dinner at CP with Pooh and the gang!! As always, it's sad coming home, but I do enjoy looking forward to my next trip.

My next trip is a surprise trip for my DH. It will be our 10 year anniversary on Dec. 31st and originally we were going to do to WDW to celebrate it, but since my parents wanted to go this year that kinda took care of those plans. BUT-I'm taking him anyway and he doesn't even know it!! I figured that I still have an AP that is good until Jan. and my DDE card expires 12/31 so that will help with some costs. Plus, with being DVC members that takes care of the room. Right now we're booked at SSR but I'm hoping at the 7 month mark I can get it changed to VWL. VWL just seems a little more romantic. Things aren't set in stone yet, but I figure that the 1st day we'll go to DisneyQuest and eat at Raglan Road-2 places my DH has always wanted to go. I'm planning on going to MVMCP some night and the CP at EPCOT, but can't plan when yet since the dates haven't been released yet I'm thinking of doing either the Backstage Magic tour or the Yuletide tour. Have any of you guys done them? Feedback please!

As far as who my favorite character is I bet you can guess by my screen name and avatar.

I'm planning on going to the Disney Meet in Allentown, PA in July so I hope to meet you guys there.

Lori

http://wewantstheredhead.blogspot.com

tiggerguy is offline one of the good guys
    to DWT.com!

loriovestigger

Hope you will find your time here to be fun!

Join us in our Chat Room Tuesday & Thursday Nights 9:00 PM EDT
    Brian
    WDWRadio Moderator

to the DWT Family Lori! Looks like you'll fit right in here because everyone will understand your "problem"!

PumpkinJack81 is offline Some say to survive it you need to be as a mad as a hatter...
    Hi Lori!
    to our DWT family! You've certainly come to the right place for your Disney addiction. We're all crazy about :mickey: and WDW here! Look forward to hearing more about and from you... Hope you continue to enjoy your time here with us. Now sit back, relax and HAVE FUN!

~PumpkinJack81/PJ/Bobby/Bob/Ober
    ~Bobby Jack

When you hear the knell of a requiem bell weird glows gleam where spirits dwell
    Restless bones etherealize rise as spooks of every size
    Grim grinning ghosts come out to socialize!

SnwhtNdwrfs is offline Dancing with the dwarfs!
    Being entertained by the voices in my head
    Hello! I am a Disneyholic myself and there are many who need meetings here! Enjoy your time here also.. BTW- my anniversary is Dec 31 also.

GrumpyDude is offline Unfortunately, this user's actions have resulted in him/her being BANNED from the site
    avoiding "The Man's" infractions. can't keep a brotha' down!
    fear me newbi...........err, cough cough, i'm sorry, i mean welcome to the site

good to see fellow PA'ers here

Jiminy Cricket is offline Ultimate Park "Hopper"
    1,015 miles from WDW in Central Indiana; Windermere FL
    Welcome to the boards!!!
    Lord High Keeper of the Knowledge of Right and Wrong, Counselor in Moments of Temptation, and Guide along the Straight and Narrow Path and Oldest Active DWT/WDW Radio Member

DL: 1955* (1); WDW: 1977* (2), 1980* (2), 1985* (3), 1989* (3), 1996 (ASMu-3), 1999 (ASMo-3), 2000 (ASMu-2/PO-2), 2001 (ASMu-5), 2002 (ASMu-5), 2003 (ASMo-5), 2004* (8), 2004 (ASMo-8), 2005 (PC-10), 2006* (15), 2007* (20), 2008* (22), 2009* (26), 2010* (27), 2011* (32), 2012* (39), 2013* (36), 2013* (15), 2013* (9), 2013* (13), 2014* (40) 2014 (11) Total Trips/Days = 27/364

*Off Property