Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Introduce Yourself! Discuss 20-Something Disney Lovers in the WDWRadio.com forums; Let me tell you that I sometimes can't help but feel like a total geek for loving Disney to this day as a 23 year old single woman. These sites ...
    Artemis908 is offline C-Ticket Holder

20-Something Disney Lovers

Let me tell you that I sometimes can't help but feel like a total geek for loving Disney to this day as a 23 year old single woman. These sites always seem to be filled with parents and married couples and I can't help but once and awhile feeling a tad out of place.

So I was wondering if there were any other 20-something Disney lovers out there!

vixen101485 is offline Queen of the Swaps, bow before me
    I am 29 ....for like the umteenth time lol No seriously, dont feel out of place. There are plenty of folks on here sans kids and spouses. Besides even those who do have the burdens of life(aka-the spouses--kids are a different matter..lol) would probably still be Disney fanatics regardless.

Shere_Khan is offline As the world falls down...
    I am 24, and my room is completely decked out in princess. I have a princess bed, lamp, shelves, pictures, everything.
    I just moved in with my fiance and he said either the cat has to go or the princess stuff (he was kidding of course) But he doesn't even like Disney and he puts up with my nerdiness. Of course now the guest bedroom is the princess room, but I still hang out in there all the time.

"Almost everyone is mad here. You may have noticed that I'm not all there myself." - Chesire Cat

"You have spirit for one so small, and that spirit deserves a fighting chance." - Shere Khan

figmentfan is offline A-Ticket holder
    I'm right there with you. I'm also a 23 year old, single girl with a huge obsession with all things Disney. It's to the point where I've been trying recently to get a friend of mine to take a trip one October soon so I can go to MNSSHP.

A dream can be a dream come true, With just that spark in me and you!

I am tellin' ya, finding a guy to put up with my Disney nerdiness is really hard. Haha it's one of those things you don't admit about yourself until the third date. =D

figmentfan is offline A-Ticket holder
    Tell me about it. One guy I've been friends with for a while recently expressed interest in me, then looked around my room and stated "But the Disney stuff has to go". Over my dead body. It'll never work.

A dream can be a dream come true, With just that spark in me and you!

bwbelle is offline B-Ticket Holder
    Although I am no longer considered "twenty-something" and now have a husband and son, I would like to share...
    I moved to Orlando as a twenty-something to work for Disney. Absolutely loved the 6 1/2 years I was there, single woman having the time of her life. My husband had never been to Disney until we went for our 1st anniversary. But he married me knowing that Disney is a part of my life and always will be. And it is growing on him - we went in February and are going back in 35 days!
    The magic of Disney is that it appeals to people of all ages, backgrounds, and family status.
    Raising the 3rd generation of WDW fanatics!

Jiminy Cricket is offline Ultimate Park "Hopper"
    1,015 miles from WDW in Central Indiana; Windermere FL
    I'm 20 x 3 almost!
    Lord High Keeper of the Knowledge of Right and Wrong, Counselor in Moments of Temptation, and Guide along the Straight and Narrow Path and Oldest Active DWT/WDW Radio Member

DL: 1955* (1); WDW: 1977* (2), 1980* (2), 1985* (3), 1989* (3), 1996 (ASMu-3), 1999 (ASMo-3), 2000 (ASMu-2/PO-2), 2001 (ASMu-5), 2002 (ASMu-5), 2003 (ASMo-5), 2004* (8), 2004 (ASMo-8), 2005 (PC-10), 2006* (15), 2007* (20), 2008* (22), 2009* (26), 2010* (27), 2011* (32), 2012* (39), 2013* (36), 2013* (15), 2013* (9), 2013* (13), 2014* (40) 2014 (11) Total Trips/Days = 27/364

*Off Property

Vegitabeta is offline C-Ticket Holder
    My b/f actually hates Disney! I know...but he just has to put up with it...he said it's 'too cheery' *gasp!*
    "The Immortal Captain Jack Sparrow." It has such a lovely ring to it...-Captain Jack Sparrow
    Disneyland Resort Paris trip report and photos: Here

MousePad and Magical Mountain Member

Pigeon is offline Care of: "Mike Wazowski, you've got your life back" lane
    Well I'm 20 as of Sunday (same day I go to WDW...hee hee) and I know what you mean...I'm the "Disney Girl"....I constantly have a Podcast or just Disney music on my iPod. Tinkerbell lamp, Mickey duvet, countless pins....huge Visa bill from ebay... My boyfriend is thankfully very tolerant, we're even taking a trip to the world next spring. And my family is cool with it, after all, my parents are the ones who got me started on it...honestly, bringing a three year old to the park? What were they thinking? At least this makes it easy for people who aren't sure what to buy me for holiday....anything Disney will do!

Its kind of fun to do the impossible - W. Disney

mini-V is offline Home at last near Mickey!
    I've been 20 several times and I actually never REALLY went overboard with Disney until we bought some framed artwork on a Disney trip in 1980's. That led to the Disney bathroom, then the Disney guest room, the Disney embroidery sewing machine, and eventually I hope it will lead to a Disney job. My husband is very tollerant of my obsession, and my daughter only feeds it...because she is a cast member already.Anyone who is dating someone who isn't into Disney and that person doesn't show signs of tollerating your obsession or turning to the light....
    cut the ties! Someone will have to change, and if you are visiting sites like this one, it probably won't be you.
    mini-V What will you celebrate?

Adult daycare for the kid inside you.

I ONCE had a boyfriend who was really into Disney. He even had all of those vintage Mickey cartoon DVDs. But he dumped me

Minnie_Mouse007 is offline "Laughter is America's most important export."-Walt Disney
    First of all, Second of all LOVE your sig and your avatar!
    It's VERY hard to find guys who appreciate Disney. Even when you're not 20!
    ~Elyse
    GO KNIGHTS!
    I'm a baby Knight! UCF '13

Thanks! I like your signature too! Actually, I think the animation is a bit fast in the Little Mermaid graphic but I am too lazy too fix it right now. lol

mini-V is offline Home at last near Mickey!
    Quote Originally Posted by Minnie_Mouse007
    It's VERY hard to find guys who appreciate Disney. Even when you're not 20!
    Then I guess the trick is find someone who will tolerate your habit. LOL
    mini-V What will you celebrate?

Adult daycare for the kid inside you.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast