Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Introduce Yourself! Discuss Hi all in the WDWRadio.com forums; Wanted to say hello I have been reading this board for a while and I love so I figured I would join. Now I have BIG question...... My girl and ...
    Jedi Sparrow is offline A-Ticket holder

Exclamation Hi all

Wanted to say hello I have been reading this board for a while and I love so I figured I would join. Now I have BIG question...... My girl and I are going to Disney World Feb 10. I am going to ask her to marry me while we are there. Does anybody know of a good way for me to get the RING down there? I really don't want to put it in the luggage and I don't wanna take it as carry on in case we get stopped you know. So i was looking for some ideas on that.... thanks

GIOny is offline Premium Annual Passholder
    Hi Jedi, to DWT!! Congratulations on your upcoming engagement!! It's so exciting! I don't know what to tell you about getting the ring there, I don't think you have many choices other then either putting it in your luggage or on your person. I wouldn't mail it ahead of you. What I would do is get the ring insured (I believe you need a seperate policy, ask your insurance agent) and then I would put it in your luggage and hope for the best. Do you know yet how you are going to pop the question ?? Here are some ideas for you if you need them..... http://marriage.about.com/gi/dynamic...Fproposal.html or http://www.mousesavers.com/wdwromance.html
    It's kind of fun to do the impossible!

tiggerguy is offline one of the good guys
    to DisneyWorldTrivia.com!

Jedi Sparrow

Hope you will find your time here to be fun!
    Brian
    WDWRadio Moderator

Jedi Sparrow is offline A-Ticket holder
    thank you thank you...... i will look at those. I was thinking about right in front of the Castle. Because that is her fav spot in the park. You are right i might just have to hold it with me an hope for the best.... with the ring that is LOL

PumpkinJack81 is offline Some say to survive it you need to be as a mad as a hatter...
    Hi Jedi Sparrow!

to the DWT family! How romantic! I wanted to propose to my wife at WDW, but because of time and money issues I wasn't able to do so. My proposal was still very special to us so it all worked out, but I wanted to ask her to marry me in WDW so bad. I took her to WDW for the first time in her life and she loved it! Hope you continue to enjoy your time here with us! Good luck with your proposal and getting your ring transported safely. I would go for the insured route too and hope all is OK.

~ PumpkinJack81 / Super Ober / Mr. Bobby / DWT Newsletter Editor

PS - Let us know how it goes!
    ~Bobby Jack

When you hear the knell of a requiem bell weird glows gleam where spirits dwell
    Restless bones etherealize rise as spooks of every size
    Grim grinning ghosts come out to socialize!

Ceci is offline Annual Passholder
    I'm thinking that you should do at night, while fireworks...it's so romantic!

WDW Donna is offline Much too far from the Magic :(
    My DH wanted to ask me in WDW too, but he was also afraid to take the ring. He ended up waiting until the day we returned.
    I wouldn't put the ring in the luggage. What about keeping it close to you. In your wallet wrapped in tissue maybe? or in it's box in your carry on bag.
    We were married at the Yacht and Beach Club gazebo, it is a very quiet and romantic spot to also propose.
    Good Luck! make sure you report back to us.

EpcoT International Program June 21-January 21 1991
    Resorts we have tried;
    Yacht and Beach Club (our wedding)-1994
    All Star Movies -2004
    All Star Sports - 2006
    All Star Music Resort - 2008
    Coronado Springs -2009

disneydame2004 is offline Celebrate Everyday!
    to DWT, Jedi Sparrow! That's a really good question, about the ring. In your luggage, it's out of your control once you check the bag. In your carry-on might be best, if you keep a real close eye on it. On your person might work, unless she's the suspicious type who rifles your pockets just to see if you happen to be carrying something like that (like me - guilty!)

Maybe ask your jeweler? They may have a suggestion or know another way to safely get a ring from here to there.

Not as perfect would be to have a substitute for the ring for the proposal at the castle, and then give her the real one when you return (you could propose all over again then). I think Disney has a phone number for Disney Weddings, they might be able to give you some more ideas and advice, too.

Good luck!!!!
    -Pat (Disneydame2004)
    Dream Team Auction Coordinator

Help make a child smile! Dream Team Project Firstgiving Page

Jiminy Cricket is offline Ultimate Park "Hopper"
    1,015 miles from WDW in Central Indiana; Windermere FL
    Welcome to the boards!!!
    Lord High Keeper of the Knowledge of Right and Wrong, Counselor in Moments of Temptation, and Guide along the Straight and Narrow Path and Oldest Active DWT/WDW Radio Member

DL: 1955* (1); WDW: 1977* (2), 1980* (2), 1985* (3), 1989* (3), 1996 (ASMu-3), 1999 (ASMo-3), 2000 (ASMu-2/PO-2), 2001 (ASMu-5), 2002 (ASMu-5), 2003 (ASMo-5), 2004* (8), 2004 (ASMo-8), 2005 (PC-10), 2006* (15), 2007* (20), 2008* (22), 2009* (26), 2010* (27), 2011* (32), 2012* (39), 2013* (36), 2013* (15), 2013* (9), 2013* (13), 2014* (40) Total Trips/Days = 26/353

*Off Property

ChipNDale is offline Yeah, my Rubber Duck wears a Tiara FCOL!
    to the site
    WHAFTFCOL now who wants a cookie!?!
    Copy Right of S&B LLC.
    SITTM... We have an App for that!

Yeah, I like Ninja Rubber Duckies FCOL!

turkeymama is offline Christmas Shopping Rules!
    My husband didn't propose at Disney, but he did have to bring the ring with him from NC to Louisiana. I wasn't with him though so he didn't have to worry about me seeing it. The airline did lose his luggage so it was good he didn't pack it in a suitcase. You should propose as Wishes is just beginning. Very magical!

Btw,

"You may not realize it when it happens, but a kick in the teeth may be the best thing in the world for you."
    Walt Disney

skiyalater is offline Almost time for school!
    YO! Welcome, to the boards. I see you are from my area, are you a red sox fan?

YOU"D BETTER BE!!!
    jk
    lol
    Have fun and post a lot.
    "Por favor mantaganse alejado de las puertas"
    GO RED SOX!!!!
    Some people say I'm A.D.D., but I HEY LOOK A SQUIRREL!!!!!