Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Introduce Yourself! Discuss Introducing... Me! in the WDWRadio.com forums; I've been making some posts here and there on these forums so I figured I'd go ahead and introduce myself. I've actually been a member of this site for awhile ...
    BamaJenn is offline Disnerd

Talking Introducing... Me!

I've been making some posts here and there on these forums so I figured I'd go ahead and introduce myself. I've actually been a member of this site for awhile but just never went in and made posts. Anyway...

My name is Jenn and I am a self proclaimed "Disney Freak". My friends however call me a "Disney Snob" which I think is probably closer to the truth. While I am obviously a fan of Disney Movies, my connection is honestly more with the WDW parks themselves.

At a young age my family began taking me on trips to Orlando and then about 20 years ago my grandparents moved to a home less than a mile from the entrance to Downtown Disney. This opened up more opportunities for trips to the parks obviously because it was combined with visits to see them. Now that they have both passed, my memories of these visits are bitter sweet.

I was 5 years old when Epcot opened and as a result the majority of my fond childhood memories are related to visits to that park in particular. Addtionally because it houses so many memories for me, I tend to be more active in wanting to preserve it's originality (I fought for the return of Figment, I cried when Horizons was tore down, I remember with longing WOM and the original Energy Pavillion... etc.).

Now as a mom to a wonderful 7 month old, I look forward to many more trips to the parks and the opportunity to see it through his eyes... the eyes of a child... again.
    Sometimes all you need is a reminder that out there lies a better place... a better world... a Walt Disney World.
    Visited In: 1983, 1988, 1989 x2, 1991, 1992, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2006 (passholder), 2007 (x2 x3), 2008, 2009 (x2), 2010, 2011 (x2)
    “Detail is there to make you believe in the reality of the story you’re immersed in.” - Joe Rohde
    Avatar Image Used with Permission from °O°Joe

ChipNDale is offline Yeah, my Rubber Duck wears a Tiara FCOL!
    To the Site Jenn!! You have joined a great group of people and I have a feeling you will fit right in with us Disney Freaks! LOL (I mean normal people...) I hope you have a blast here and will continue to post!!
    WHAFTFCOL now who wants a cookie!?!
    Copy Right of S&B LLC.
    SITTM... We have an App for that!

Yeah, I like Ninja Rubber Duckies FCOL!

tiggerguy is offline one of the good guys
    to DisneyWorldTrivia.com!

BamaJen

Hope you will find your time here to be fun!
    Brian
    WDWRadio Moderator

iwannabeminnie is offline I'm old! I'm like the cryptkeeper!
    Welcome!

PumpkinJack81 is offline Some say to survive it you need to be as a mad as a hatter...
    Hi Jenn!

(officially) to the DWT family! Hope you continue to enjoy your time here with us! Glad you introduced yourself!!

~ PumpkinJack81 / Super Ober / Mr. Bobby / DWT Newsletter Editor
    ~Bobby Jack

When you hear the knell of a requiem bell weird glows gleam where spirits dwell
    Restless bones etherealize rise as spooks of every size
    Grim grinning ghosts come out to socialize!

Jiminy Cricket is offline Ultimate Park "Hopper"
    1,015 miles from WDW in Central Indiana; Windermere FL
    Welcome to the boards!!!
    Lord High Keeper of the Knowledge of Right and Wrong, Counselor in Moments of Temptation, and Guide along the Straight and Narrow Path and Oldest Active DWT/WDW Radio Member

DL: 1955* (1); WDW: 1977* (2), 1980* (2), 1985* (3), 1989* (3), 1996 (ASMu-3), 1999 (ASMo-3), 2000 (ASMu-2/PO-2), 2001 (ASMu-5), 2002 (ASMu-5), 2003 (ASMo-5), 2004* (8), 2004 (ASMo-8), 2005 (PC-10), 2006* (15), 2007* (20), 2008* (22), 2009* (26), 2010* (27), 2011* (32), 2012* (39), 2013* (36), 2013* (15), 2013* (9), 2013* (13), 2014* (40) Total Trips/Days = 26/353

*Off Property

GIOny is offline Premium Annual Passholder
    Hi Jen, , glad you introduced yourself!!
    It's kind of fun to do the impossible!