Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Introduce Yourself! Discuss New to Site in the WDWRadio.com forums; Hello, my name is Anna and I'm from New York. I absolutely ADORE Disney. I'm Japanese, so I know a LOT about Tokyo Disney Resort. If anyone has questions about ...
    xLAxDiiixDAHx is offline A-Ticket holder

New to Site

Hello, my name is Anna and I'm from New York. I absolutely ADORE Disney.
    I'm Japanese, so I know a LOT about Tokyo Disney Resort. If anyone has questions about that, please ask and I'll be more than happy to answer
    Thanks!

DisneyFREAK91 is offline We go on
    YAY! Welcome to our family

I actually have a lot lol
    Remember, Dreams Come True!

C-Howdizzle is offline E-Ticket Holder
    22 DRIVING hours away from WDW...(Chi-town)
    Great to have another Disney lover on the site...
    Iv been ON space mountain when the lights were on!!! not in line...i was ON THE RIDE!!! I know your jealous...

2008 Upcoming- Port Orleans French Quarter
    2007- Port Orleans French Quarter
    2006- Port Orleans French Quarter
    2005- Port Orleans French Quarter
    2004- Port Orleans French Quarter
    2003- Animal Kingdom Lodge
    2002- Carribean Beach Resort
    2000- Disney Institute (with School Friend)

disneydame2004 is offline Celebrate Everyday!
    to DWT, Anna!!! Looking forward to hearing more about Tokyo Disneyland. Happy posting!
    -Pat (Disneydame2004)
    Dream Team Auction Coordinator

Help make a child smile! Dream Team Project Firstgiving Page

Lou Mongello is offline Lou Mongello (AKQJ10) - Disney Expert, Host, Author, Speaker and Entrepreneur
    Hi Anna!! Welcome to the site!

I do have a question about Tokyo Disney...

Can you take me?!??!!?!?
    Lou Mongello
    Host, Author & Site Owner
    AKQJ10 >: 4 8 15 16 23 42

trickster is offline Hakuna Matata!!... It means no worries!!
    Hello and welcome to our DWT Family!!
    Rich

"Most of my life I have done what I wanted to do. I have had fun on the job.
    I have never been able to confine that fun to office hours." ~ Walt Disney

Jiminy Cricket is offline Ultimate Park "Hopper"
    1,015 miles from WDW in Central Indiana; Windermere FL
    Welcome to the boards!!!
    Lord High Keeper of the Knowledge of Right and Wrong, Counselor in Moments of Temptation, and Guide along the Straight and Narrow Path and Oldest Active DWT/WDW Radio Member

DL: 1955* (1); WDW: 1977* (2), 1980* (2), 1985* (3), 1989* (3), 1996 (ASMu-3), 1999 (ASMo-3), 2000 (ASMu-2/PO-2), 2001 (ASMu-5), 2002 (ASMu-5), 2003 (ASMo-5), 2004* (8), 2004 (ASMo-8), 2005 (PC-10), 2006* (15), 2007* (20), 2008* (22), 2009* (26), 2010* (27), 2011* (32), 2012* (39), 2013* (36), 2013* (15), 2013* (9), 2013* (13), 2014* (40) Total Trips/Days = 26/353

*Off Property

Jiminy Cricket is offline Ultimate Park "Hopper"
    1,015 miles from WDW in Central Indiana; Windermere FL
    Irrasshaimase!!!
    Lord High Keeper of the Knowledge of Right and Wrong, Counselor in Moments of Temptation, and Guide along the Straight and Narrow Path and Oldest Active DWT/WDW Radio Member

DL: 1955* (1); WDW: 1977* (2), 1980* (2), 1985* (3), 1989* (3), 1996 (ASMu-3), 1999 (ASMo-3), 2000 (ASMu-2/PO-2), 2001 (ASMu-5), 2002 (ASMu-5), 2003 (ASMo-5), 2004* (8), 2004 (ASMo-8), 2005 (PC-10), 2006* (15), 2007* (20), 2008* (22), 2009* (26), 2010* (27), 2011* (32), 2012* (39), 2013* (36), 2013* (15), 2013* (9), 2013* (13), 2014* (40) Total Trips/Days = 26/353

*Off Property

MainStreet, USA is offline I'm walking right down the middle of Main Street, USA!
    Southington, CT/Daytona Beach, FL/ Main Street, USA!
    Actually... this is so perfect, because I DO have some questions about Tokyo Disney.

Ahem... excuse me, sorry, I'm being rude. Let me say hello first.

Hello! I'm Don, and it's a pleasure to meet you. I just know you're going to have a great time here on DWT... yadda yadda yadda, yakkety smakkety, welcome welcome... you get the idea. On with the question.

So anywho, I'm in the process of writing a series of articles on each of the Disney castles worldwide, and I'm finding it kind of difficult to find any good sources of information on Cinderella Castle in Tokyo Disneyland. You don't happen to be an expert on the castle, do ya? If not... maybe you know where I can find some good info on it? I'm trying really hard to write this thing, but never having been there myself, and finding very few helpful webpages to assist me, I'm running behind schedule on getting this done.

Anyway, I hope I didn't overwhelm you with my terribly rude welcome (and near-interrogation), but hey... you did offer to answer questions!

Welcome again, and thanks!
    -Don-
    Your heart can just take wing,
    You can live out all your dreams...
    ...it's time to Remember the Magic!
    Yo Ho, Yo Ho, A Pilot's Life for Me...

Yay! So many replies...

I'm not sure if I can take anyone as much as I'd love to spread the magic of the Disney in Tokyo. but you all really should go, it's an amazing place.

To answer Don's question:
    Although I'm not exactly an expert on the castle... I looked it up on Japanese google and read what I had on my guidebooks, and I found a lot of info. Would you mind telling me what kind of information you need on it? That would help me narrow it down and look for the information.

Thanks for all the... welcoming?

MainStreet, USA is offline I'm walking right down the middle of Main Street, USA!
    Quote Originally Posted by xLAxDiiixDAHx View Post
    To answer Don's question:
    Although I'm not exactly an expert on the castle... I looked it up on Japanese google and read what I had on my guidebooks, and I found a lot of info. Would you mind telling me what kind of information you need on it? That would help me narrow it down and look for the information.
    The kinds of things I'm looking for are
    History: When was it completed? Has it undergone any major changes , either in apearance or on the inside?
    Physical structure: How tall is it? Does it have any unique physical features making it stand apart from its sister castles?
    What's inside: Does it house any attractions, shops, or restaurants?
    Paint/color/decor: Has it changed it's look at any point in its history, or has it always looked about the same as it does now? Has it featured any special decorations commemorating special events?

This is what I know so far - I know that the Cinderella Castle in Tokyo is almost an exact replica of the Cinderella Castle here in WDW, and that it is the home of the former Cinderella Castle Mystery Tour - a guided walking tour featuring a number of Disney villains. I also know that the Japanese castle has recently undergone a new paint job earlier this year, supposedly to help distinguish it from the Cindy Castle over here.

It's not much, but it's all I've been able to dig up so far. For more on what I'm attempting to do, feel free to check out these first two castles I wrote on. I hope that gives you a bit of an idea.
    Sleeping Beauty Castle in Disneyland, California: http://www.disneyworldtrivia.com/for...ead.php?t=9547
    and Cinderella Castle in WDW, Florida: http://www.disneyworldtrivia.com/for...ead.php?t=9661
    -Don-

tiggerguy is online now one of the good guys
    to DisneyWorldTrivia.com!

xLAxDiiixDAHx

Hope you will find your time here to be fun!
    Brian
    WDWRadio Moderator

Wonderful! For some reason I can't ifnd the date it was built, but...
    Here's what I have for you:
    51 m tall
    has 29 towers
    has a stained glass that required 21 sheets of glass (from italy)
    in the passageway through the castle, there are 5 arch-shaped mosaics based on the main scenes of Cinderella (4.6m x 3m) (designed by Imagineer Dorothea Redmond)
    there's a radio antennae utilized by the cast members on the top of the highest tower
    the reason for the Cinderella Castle Mystery Tour's closure (on April 5, 2006) was that the park going to make a restaurant but it turned out they didn't have enough money for everything.
    April - July 5th 2006: refurbishing of castle (repainting from white to a creme color, demolishing of Cinderella Castle Mystery Tour, inspection of gardens and ponds/lakes surround castle, etc.)
    During the above refurbishing, a temporary cover was put over teh Cinderella Castle to disguise its ... um... non-existence.
    A refurbishing/inspection takes place every 10 years
    Smaller inspections planned for Sept. 1 - Nov. 5, Dec. 26 - 30 (both 2006)
    There is a "moat"-like lake spreading from the Westernland to Tomorrowland area. (fun fact: Ducks and mallards started to live in the ponds in the 1990's; NOT added by the park. (Guests usually presume they were added by the people who maintain the park, or that they are audioanimatronics) most of these ducks are obese due to the guests giving them food, which is prohibited by park rules)
    During a special season Riro & Stitch no Furi-furi Daisoudou ~Find Stitch!~ (Lilo & Stitch's Big Panic Find Stitch!), the castle added decorations to go with the theme of the event, which was to find traces of Stitch's antics and ... just his existence in general.

Alright... that's all I can find and translate for now.
    I hope it'll be of help to you!

Wow, thanks! That's great! I'm definitely naming you as my research assistant when I finally get that third article written. Thanks a lot!
    -Don-

No problem
    It was lots of fun actually... I learned a lot about the Castle!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast