Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Latest WDW Radio Articles Discuss Dream Along With Mickey - Exclusive Hi-Res video of the New, Animated Character Heads in the Site News and Information forums; As part of Disney's new "Year of a Million Dreams" promotion, a new stage show has been performed on the forecourt of Cinderella's Castle. Known as "Dream Along with Mickey," ...
    Lou Mongello is offline Lou Mongello (AKQJ10) - WDW Trivia Book Author and Site Owner/Admin

Arrow Dream Along With Mickey - Exclusive Hi-Res video of the New, Animated Character Heads

As part of Disney's new "Year of a Million Dreams" promotion, a new stage show has been performed on the forecourt of Cinderella's Castle. Known as "Dream Along with Mickey," it features all of your favorite characters, inlcuding Mickey and his pals. Recently, Disney has been experiementing with the use of animated character heads for some of the characters. Blinking eyes and mouths that move synchronously with their speech are currently being tested, and will likely be officially previewed during the Press Event that takes place January 24?26.

More...

mini-V is offline Home at last near Mickey!
    THAT IS AWESOME! The characters really come to life. I wonder how the heads work and how much more weight it adds? Can't wait to check that out in April.
    mini-V What will you celebrate?

Adult daycare for the kid inside you.

songvilay1 is offline A-Ticket holder
    That is AWESOME. I wonder if they are using remote signals that would allow them to use it in other shows and character meet and greets. That would add quite a bit of bulk to the heads though. Disney still never fails to amaze me. Bring on the future!

crcormier is offline A-Ticket holder
    Very cool. I have always loved the characters the way they are and think the CMs do a wonderful job of expressing themselves without moving mouths and eyes, but I think this will broaden their performances even more.

tasha36 is offline Dreaming....
    That is amazing! Is this show going to run for the rest of the year?
    Tasha

1981 - Offsite
    1983 - Offsite
    1987 - Offsite
    1990 - Offsite
    1993 - Offsite
    2002 - All Star Movies
    2006 - Coronado Springs
    2007 - Port Orleans French Quarter
    2013 - Port Orleans French Quarter
    2014 - Whole family trip! (Thanks Dad!)
    2015 - Three trips in a row?? Fingers crossed

JMSuperHeroTeam is offline Maura Colleen the Makeup Queen
    I am excited to see them blinking at me when I go in May! I'll blink right back!

KUNGALOOSH!!!