Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Latest WDW Radio Articles Discuss Mouse Business in the Site News and Information forums; Christopher Xuereb is back with Mouse Business 102: Disney, Siemens, and Spaceship Earth, an inside look at the relationship between these two powerhouses and what it means for Epcot's icon. ...
    disneydame2004 is offline Celebrate Everyday!

Mouse Business

Christopher Xuereb is back with Mouse Business 102: Disney, Siemens, and Spaceship Earth, an inside look at the relationship between these two powerhouses and what it means for Epcot's icon. Check it out at http://www.disneyworldtrivia.com/Mou...hip-Earth.html

Christopher welcomes discussion on his articles. Please feel free to comment in this thread!
    -Pat (Disneydame2004)
    Dream Team Auction Coordinator

Help make a child smile! Dream Team Project Firstgiving Page

ChrisX is offline B-Ticket Holder
    Hi,

I hope that everyone enjoyed the article.

There were a lot of things about Spaceship Earth, Disney and Siemens that I discussed with Jack Bergen, that I could just not fit into the article. One thing is clear, that Siemens is really looking expand their Disney presence through the internet. He was very interested in online feedback and I told him that I would pass all comments, suggestions, feedback and ideas about Spaceship Earth, Siemens and Disney back to him, so feel free to post away (or PM me) and discuss and I will make sure it all gets back to him.

As always any other comments or ideas are always welcome

Chris

Macy Mouse is offline A-Ticket holder
    Hi! I just got back from Epcot on Sunday and I rode Spaceship Earth. My cousin and I never really liked this ride; it was one of those things you go on to kill time or to rest your feet. But I have to say that the new aditions were really nice. Shortly after getting on the ride, you select the language you speak, and where you're from and then your picture is taken. My cousin was like "Now this ride is trying to take your picture and see if you buy it? Wow" Then you see all of the ride and at the end, they ask you questions (my cousin was like "I bet they're asking these questions to see if you were paying attention") That picture that you took is placed on a body and depending on how you answered the questions, the body with your head on it acts out your future. (really funny and cute )and then after you get off the ride there were all these games. It was awesome!!!

albino_pygmy is offline The voice of the Jungle
    I haven't seen the finished SSE yet, but have been on one of the sneak previews of it and the only thing that I liked about the updates were the touch screens, and that was about it. I would love to see them used more throughout the ride as you go through the ride, but only as an optional experience. For example, you could watch a short video clip of the period of time you're in or adjust the volume of Judi Dench or possibly choose a narration to your liking out of a possible 3 different narrations that differ in script and the narrator. Some people might want Walter Cronkite back with his former spiel (updated towards the end of course) or Jeremy Irons back (again, updated at the end) or have Judi Dench with the current script that doesn't have that touch the other two delivered well. Also, this may be corny, but I think people would use this if it went into action, but since they already have taken your picture, why not be able to purchase a picture of you and the person next to you "in the future?" I know this goes along with the possible email yourself or a friend "you future" video clip, but I think there's just something cool about having a picture of you and someone else in the jetsons on your coffee table. I have a picture of me and my family on Dinosaur with our park map's wide open and got the rest of our car to do the same right at the picture, it made for one interesting picture and was always mentioned whenever we had guests in our house. Another idea that would be interesting to see, but somehow I doubt it'll work that well, but another use for the touch screens is where you can control part of the show scene you are in. I could see this working well if SSE wasn't an omnimover, but it is, and could end up doing the ride more harm than good by having 5 or 7 different people wanting the caveman to do this or say that and poor caveman just stands there dazed and confused, or probably just overloaded with commands he shut down, oh well. Oh, and bring back the visually appealing descent! I know it's dark and boring to force you to pay attention to your screen, but having some lights and minor cool things would help the descent out as a whole just by being light ambience (not sure if they've done anything to the descent since the sneak previews, would be nice if they did but doubting they have.) Anyways, I'm looking forward to more changes in hopes it'll one day be considered a classic like it always has been.

ChrisX is offline B-Ticket Holder
    Quote Originally Posted by albino_pygmy View Post
    This may be corny, but I think people would use this if it went into action, but since they already have taken your picture, why not be able to purchase a picture of you and the person next to you "in the future?" Anyways, I'm looking forward to more changes in hopes it'll one day be considered a classic like it always has been.
    Some good suggestions, some more feasible than others, but I think the one about the picture is definitely a good one and one that makes sense. It seems that the technology foundation is there for the picture it just needs to be expanded. It would give riders the opportunity for a very unique Disney picture (much like yours on Dinosaur). I will pass it along.

InStitches is offline Fastpass Holder
    Georgia, but wishing I were on the "Loveliest Village on the Plains!"
    I really like the updates on SSE. We emailed our "future" pictures, but I would have liked to send our video also. At the end looking at the huge world, I liked seeing where everyone was from, but the first time I rode it I guess I touched the wrong thing on the screen and it sent my picture somewhere west of South America! I know I touched the US! I don't know what happened.