Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Latest WDW Radio Articles Discuss New Article: Camcorder Buyers Guide in the Site News and Information forums; Dan Cohen, newly minted forum member and home video expert, has shared with us a new article on how to choose the right camcorder for your filming needs. With the ...
    disneydame2004 is offline Celebrate Everyday!

New Article: Camcorder Buyers Guide

Dan Cohen, newly minted forum member and home video expert, has shared with us a new article on how to choose the right camcorder for your filming needs. With the holidays right around the corner, this one is definitely worth checking out! http://www.disneyworldtrivia.com/Mou...vies-Ever.html
    -Pat (Disneydame2004)
    Dream Team Auction Coordinator

Help make a child smile! Dream Team Project Firstgiving Page

DisneyHomeVideo is offline B-Ticket Holder

Camcorder Prices Way Down!

Just so folks know, there are some fabulous deals on camcorders out there!. I just bought and HD (high definition) camcorder for about 1/2 of what it was selling for last year, and SD (standard definition) camcorder prices are similarly down. Just about all but the least expensive camcorders available will give you a good image, and higher quality camcorders have never been this reasonably priced. If you don't have a camcorder and have been thinking about buying one, now is definately a buyers market! Whether you buy from a local retailer or online, buy from someone you know is reputable. There are lots of scammers online, and it is always preferable to spend a little more money for peace of mind. Good luck, and happy filming!

Dan
    disneyhomevideo

DisneyHomeVideo is offline B-Ticket Holder
    Hi everyone!

I got an e-mail the other day advertising the Sony Webbie HD camcorder(link). I have not used the camera so I have no review for anyone, but the advertisements make it look like an easy to use, entry-level camera for anyone interested in making HD home videos. As always, make sure you have the correct television and other other hardware or software necessary to do what you want with your videos - burning HD video to DVD requires special equipment.

Good luck!

Dan
    Disneyhomevideo

startedwmouse is offline B-Ticket Holder
    Man for $199 for an HD video camera with 5MP stills. Thats not too bad. I'm sure real world results may vary

I'm sure the memory cards are expensive.