Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Latest WDW Radio Articles Discuss Are You a Magical Dad? in the Site News and Information forums; Maybe a week apart now that I see mine....
    firemedic is offline Premium Annual Passholder
    Maybe a week apart now that I see mine.

You may not realize it when it happens, but a kick in the teeth may be the best thing in the world for you.
    Walt Disney

thokecin is offline And really bad eggs...
    It's a fairly accurate ballpark estimate. We're planning to go sometime the first two weeks of December, but haven't made any official reservations yet. My brother, who is in Iraq currently and wants to take his son/my nephew to WDW, gets out of the Navy completely in July, so planning is slow at this point. Communication between us is a bit limited due to his current location.
    "When you're curious, you find lots of interesting things to do."

–Walt Disney

8 trips and counting!!!

ohiodisneydad is offline Hi, my name is David and I like Beverly.
    Very proud magical dad right here.
    "Life is an occassion. Rise to it."- Mr. Magorium
    "Welcome Home"- Best words you'll ever hear when you check in at a Disney Resort

elvistelth is offline Unfortunately, this user's actions have resulted in him/her being BANNED from the site
    I'm not a big fan of the word "magical" but I do apply the theme of what the article mentions to what I do with my kids... it doesn't have to be just at Disney world. I recently took my children on a camping trip and we had a great time. Canoeing, cooking over a fire, tramping through the woods...all of the things we did together was meaningful and fun. I love taking my kids to WDW but I don't need Disney to connect with them and enjoy life in a child-like way.

FYI Fisheating Creek in Glades county Florida (by Palmdale on U.S. 27) is an awesome family-oriented campsite.
    Last edited by elvistelth; 02-20-2009 at 10:33 PM.

KingJamesUT is offline The Hakuna Kahuna
    I can't wait to become a Disney Dad. I'm getting married this summer and we've planned on waiting for kids for a few years, but this makes me want them sooner.
    Stitch Smash!

'86, '87, '88, '89, '90, '91, '94, '95, '97, '98, '99, '00, '01, '02, '03, '04, '05, '06, '08

'87, '89, '90, '93, '94, '99, '01, '05, '08

'92, '95, '96, '99, '04

'08

Pipes5780 is offline A-Ticket holder
    I am without a doubt a Magical Dad! Honestly never realized it or thought about it much. The biggest difficulty I have in going to WDW is pulling myself away from being a kid with my kids long enough to take care of responsible things like getting to and from the park, organizing meals and other things parents need to do.

Every-night my son sleeps with his stuffed Mickey, the Mickey I got at Epcot when I was his age.

When one of my kids will ask me what they can do to help around the house or whatever, I respond "Play! Your job is to be a kid!"

Every once in a while I will get in a conversation with my 6-yr old son about whether Mickey is real. I always say "well do you believe he is real?" Sometimes he responds with "Do you believe he is real?" To which the only real answer is "Yes I do!"

Disney Magic is a powerful thing. Some just won't get it, some try and deny it even as it pulls at them. For me and my kids it is everywhere!

And just for the sake of manliness, I am not talking about parades, fireworks, or numerous other things.

Bigloaf80 is offline A-Ticket holder

Re: Are You a Magical Dad?

great idea

great idea

fun, isnt it

:d :p

POM Tony is offline D-Ticket Holder

The link is not working..... dang it
    "Fortuosity, That's me Own word..."

When I went to Disney for the first time there was a Magic I felt. I could do anything or be anything. No feeling would ever top this......

Then I took my daughter.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12