Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Latest WDW Radio Articles Discuss Are You a Magical Dad? in the Site News and Information forums; New author Philip Carroll asks this question: "Are You a Magical Dad?" How would you know? Read his article here: http://www.disneyworldtrivia.com/Mou...al-Dad-If.html If you are, share your experiences here in this ...
    disneydame2004 is offline Celebrate Everyday!

Are You a Magical Dad?

New author Philip Carroll asks this question: "Are You a Magical Dad?"

How would you know? Read his article here: http://www.disneyworldtrivia.com/Mou...al-Dad-If.html

If you are, share your experiences here in this thread!
    -Pat (Disneydame2004)
    Dream Team Auction Coordinator

Help make a child smile! Dream Team Project Firstgiving Page

firemedic is offline Premium Annual Passholder
    That's a great article! And I can honestly say that I answered "yes" to about 90% of the questions at the end. I AM a magical dad!! And proud of it! DW and I are taking our kids in Nov. and I can't wait to see those little faces!

clion is offline Fastpass Holder
    I said yes to like all of these. But being known as the DisneyDaddy, that's probably no surprise
    "When you wish upon a star, makes no difference who you are.
    Anything your heart desires will come to you ..."

Author of the DisneyDaddy blog | Writer for Celebrations Magazine
    D23 Charter Member | Annual Passholder | Named Disney's Biggest Fan (by Disney and United Vacations)

Disney05 is offline Premium Annual Passholder
    Great article! I love being a Magical Dad! Once Disney is in your blood, there's no getting rid of it.
    When you wish upon a star.....
    LAUGHTER IS TIMELESS, IMAGINATION HAS NO AGE AND DREAMS ARE FOREVER.
    Adults are only kids grown up, anyway. WD
    ...That's the real trouble with the world. Too many people grow up. WD
    "For those who get it, no explanation is necessary. For those who don't, no explanation will do."

http://wdwhomesick.wordpress.com/

NC_WDW_Daddy is offline Annual Passholder
    I read the article and qualify. It only took one trip with little ones to make it an annual destination.

DW doesn't want to go every year, but I think this trip with the kids will change her mind.

HauntedGabe is offline Where'd she go???
    My husband is sure a Magical Dad! We for over 20 years have been delighting and bonding with our children at WDW. No sitters, no baby day cares on vacation, they had enough of that in their real world. Just Magic time and my kids still to this day have memories with their Dad on vacation spending time with them and having fun.

None of these memories would be possible if it wasn't for the DH feeling the magic only WDW can bring to families.

And DWT is such a great place to bond with other magical families that seem to share the same priorities and values. Just look at Emperor Lou!
    Some people are like Slinkies.

They aren't really good for anything,
    but they still bring a smile to my face when I push them down a flight of stairs.

Friends are Gods way of apologizing to us for our families.

BusDriver is offline Fastpass Holder
    I passed the test. Glad to know all those trips to Disney brought me a title. You know you are a Disney Dad when you get back to the room late at night with an aching back from carrying at least one of your kids on your shoulders for most of the day. There is nothing like seeing your kids faces light up at Disney and the seeing the Disney magic.

My all time favorite memory is watching the fireworks on Main Street, before Wishes, with my then children. (This was before the twins) I had one daughter on my shoulders, my toddler son on one hip, and my oldest was leaning on the other side balancing herself so they all could see. Can't beat that. A close second was taking all five to breakfast at Cinderella's Royal Table. The twins were about five months old, but it was great getting all the pix with the Disney Princesses.
    My Dream Job - WDW Bus Driver

1975 - First Visit; 1985 High School Band Trip; 1986 Grad Night; 1992 First Visit with two oldest daughters; 1997 First Visit with Son; 1998 Joined DVC; 2003 First Visit with Twins

Many visits staying at Old Key West, Grand Floridian, Boardwalk, Contemporary, Disney Institute & All Star Sports

Serkazong is offline Keep to the code.
    Yep, I'm in too. My 7 yr. old son and I have quite a few special activities inside jokes and even a special hand shake based around WDW themes.

DisneyDad71 is offline A-Ticket holder
    Raleigh, NC (formerly West Lafayette, IN)
    Somehow I knew I would ACE this test! GREAT article!

thokecin is offline And really bad eggs...
    I am guilty as charged....and it's awesome!!! Great article! I'm perpetually "getting something in my eye"....even at home. I just got our 2009 Trip Planning DVD in the mail and watched it last night. Is it wrong to watch those over and over again as if they were real movies??
    "When you're curious, you find lots of interesting things to do."

–Walt Disney

8 trips and counting!!!

BusDriver is offline Fastpass Holder
    Nothing wrong with that at all. Mine is sitting by the DVD player waiting for someone else to come in so I can have an excuse to watch it again.
    My Dream Job - WDW Bus Driver

1975 - First Visit; 1985 High School Band Trip; 1986 Grad Night; 1992 First Visit with two oldest daughters; 1997 First Visit with Son; 1998 Joined DVC; 2003 First Visit with Twins

Many visits staying at Old Key West, Grand Floridian, Boardwalk, Contemporary, Disney Institute & All Star Sports

Eric is offline A-Ticket holder
    Great article! As a new dad of almost 1 month, I'm looking forward to truly becoming a "Disney Dad". I'm sure come October there will be many times when I "get something in my eye".
    Eric,
    co-host, Mouse Guest Weekly podcast
    MouseGuest.com

Congrats on being a new dad!! Great feeling isn't it? And welcome to the esteemed ranks of being a Disney Dad!

Quote Originally Posted by thokecin View Post
    I am guilty as charged....and it's awesome!!! Great article! I'm perpetually "getting something in my eye"....even at home. I just got our 2009 Trip Planning DVD in the mail and watched it last night. Is it wrong to watch those over and over again as if they were real movies??
    Just noticed your ticker, and it looks like we'll be there at the same time! Very cool!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast