Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Miscellaneous Discuss My ideas for CEO in the News & Rumors forums; I love your ideas but I don't think they're possible in today's corporate culture. However, I think you could make a new park and call it "Yesterland" and put all ...
    wdw4us2 is offline Fastpass Holder
    Jensen Beach, FL - 2 hours from the Mouse House
    I love your ideas but I don't think they're possible in today's corporate culture.

However, I think you could make a new park and call it "Yesterland" and put all of the closed attractions/restaurants/shops there. This way, everyone who never had the opportunity to experience the classic rides along with those of us who remember everything as it first appeared in WDW.

The thrill junkies could still go to the parks as they exist today and be happy. "Yesterland" would attract those of us who appreciate the past as well as people who take parks a bit slower now.
    Lisa

"No capes!"

gonesouthin is offline Let me be.... YOUR HIGH FIBER
    i love the idea... a couple problems..

Does disney have the money for that?
    How do you pic up and entire attraction and move it expecially when WDW is open 24/7 and there are constantly someone going thru it...
    Do people want to pay extra money to see old attractions???
    Life isn't about the destination, everybody gets to that. It is about the journey.

Download my Disney Toolbar! It has links to tons of great disney sites like this one!!!

[quote=gonesouthin;395194]i love the idea... a couple problems..

They have money for lots of things. They seem to have no problem wasting billions on such things as Go.com and ESPN phones. So, I believe the funds would be available.

How do you pic up and entire attraction and move it expecially when WDW is open 24/7 and there are constantly someone going thru it...

What attractions would you have to pick up and move? I was referring to things that have long been closed or replaced with something newer. Examples: the original Journey Into Imagination, Mr. Toad's Wild Ride, If You Had Wings, 20K Leagues Under the Sea, Horizons, World of Motion, Skwyay to Tomorrowland/Fantasyland, Mike Fink Keel Boats, Davy Crockett Explorer Canoes, Kitchen Kaberet/Food Rocks, Wonders of Life (after they close it permanently), Superstar Television, The Monster Sound Show, Catastrophe Canyon (I hear that's next on the chopping block), Captain EO 3D/Magic Journeys, Legend of the Lion King Show, Main St. Electric Parade and many others. I'm sure the WDI has the original ride designs that could be reproduced utilizing today's technology.

If what I read on all the different Disney discussion boards is any indication - Yes!
    Lisa

"No capes!"

TestSherpa is offline D-Ticket Holder
    There should be a preservation section/land/park where you could go back in time to DWs long ago.

And bring back Toad.
    M
    Founder of TestSherpa LSAT Test Preparation
    The LSAT is not as fun as the Haunted Mansion, but just as scary.

[quote=wdw4us2;397169]
    Quote Originally Posted by gonesouthin View Post
    i love the idea... a couple problems..

They have money for lots of things. They seem to have no problem wasting billions on such things as Go.com and ESPN phones. So, I believe the funds would be available.

What attractions would you have to pick up and move? I was referring to things that have long been closed or replaced with something newer. Examples: the original Journey Into Imagination, Mr. Toad's Wild Ride, If You Had Wings, 20K Leagues Under the Sea, Horizons, World of Motion, Skwyay to Tomorrowland/Fantasyland, Mike Fink Keel Boats, Davy Crockett Explorer Canoes, Kitchen Kaberet/Food Rocks, Wonders of Life (after they close it permanently), Superstar Television, The Monster Sound Show, Catastrophe Canyon (I hear that's next on the chopping block), Captain EO 3D/Magic Journeys, Legend of the Lion King Show, Main St. Electric Parade and many others. I'm sure the WDI has the original ride designs that could be reproduced utilizing today's technology.

If what I read on all the different Disney discussion boards is any indication - Yes!
    ok.
    Life isn't about the destination, everybody gets to that. It is about the journey.

Download my Disney Toolbar! It has links to tons of great disney sites like this one!!!

peterpanflight is offline Fastpass Holder
    yeah those ideas seem great!!! I just really really want horizons back!!! Still upsets me to this day!!!
    shannon

lol ok.... Horizons it is...

Koda is offline C-Ticket Holder
    I like the idea of bringing back those rides (Horizons and Figment!!)... while you are at here are a few more I would like to return:
    1)Mr. Toad's Wild Ride
    2)I liked Food Rocks a lot but what about the Kitchen Cabarett ... loved it more!
    3)The old version of the Tiki Room... the new one makes me want to puke
    Koda

If we can dream it, we can do it! ~ Walt Disney

peterpanflight is offline Fastpass Holder
    i so agree with the tiki room!!! Horrible!!
    shannon

Quote Originally Posted by Koda View Post
    3)The old version of the Tiki Room... the new one makes me want to puke
    I agree with you 100%! Gilbert Gottfreid's voice is like nails down a chalkboard to me!
    Lisa

"No capes!"

yes Tiki room... No kitchen kaberet... I do like it... i have watched movies of it... I just seemed to like Food Rocks more... i guess its a matter of what you grew up with... I started with food rocks... i never actually saw KK

MiraNova23 is offline C-Ticket Holder
    While I agree things need to be re-re-done, I don't believe (nor do I think the majority would approve) of reverting. Some change is good to some extents.
    My
    (If I'm here, then I'm probably supposed to be animating instead.)

sdale1227 is offline Thank you... Flora Call Disney.... for giving us Walt!
    Please tell me what you think of these ideas and please feel free to give me more.
    [/QUOTE]

How about adding some new countries in epcot.... like Greece, Austrialia, India and maybe brazil or something from south america..... i think they need to add a few more. Right?

Have a Magical Day! Sharon

"You can design and create, and build the most wonderful place in the world. But it takes people to make the dream a reality." Walt Disney
    Been to Disney in 1975, 1985, 1988, 2004, 2005, 2006, 2007......

MiraNova23 is offline C-Ticket Holder
    I've got a strange fixation with ancient Greece & Rome, but is there even room for another country to be added to WS?
    My
    (If I'm here, then I'm probably supposed to be animating instead.)

sdale1227 is offline Thank you... Flora Call Disney.... for giving us Walt!
    We you look on the satelite view from above it looks like they can add some to the back... the may have to put walkways beween 2 countries to head to another area.

It looks like 3 or 4 can fit????

Have a Magical Day! Sharon

"You can design and create, and build the most wonderful place in the world. But it takes people to make the dream a reality." Walt Disney
    Been to Disney in 1975, 1985, 1988, 2004, 2005, 2006, 2007......

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12