Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Miscellaneous Discuss Ever broke a shoe? in the News & Rumors forums; I was at the Grand Floridian yesterday running to catch the monorail when my flipflop snapped and broke. I walked the entire way to the emporium on Main Street with ...
    MayBWeRMnt2B is offline living happily ever after...

Ever broke a shoe?

I was at the Grand Floridian yesterday running to catch the monorail when my flipflop snapped and broke. I walked the entire way to the emporium on Main Street with one shoe (which I am amused that no one told me to put my shoe on, as I was carrying it in one hand, and no Disney employee said anything either, but no one was paying attention really) where I bought a new pair of flipflops and managed to throw my other shoes away.

As I was buying my flipflops, I noticed ANOTHER girl carrying one shoe and buying a pair as her shoe also broke.

Since I saw her I'm wondering...

Has any of you broken a shoe at Disney and had to walk barefoot? Or lost a shoe? Or a sock? Or some fascinating story similar?
    - Jeanne

Engaged at Sunset Point - July 17th, 2008
    Married at Sunset Point - March 3, 2009
    Disney World & Disneyland Honeymoon

Aulani - September 2011

Wishes can come true, if you believe in them with all your heart.
    And the best part is, you'll never run out of wishes.
    They're shining deep down inside of you.
    'Cause that my friends is where the magic lives

ChipNDale is offline Yeah, my Rubber Duck wears a Tiara FCOL!
    I did not break or lose a shoe at Disney, but there was a day when Tomorrowland flooded because it was raining so hard and I had just bought my sneakers the week before so I took them and my socks off and walked all the way from Buzz to the front gate *down main street and everything) without any shoes on. No one said anything to me.. Kind of made me feel like a kid again, playing in the rain, no shoes and being in Disney... Oh I love Disney!
    WHAFTFCOL now who wants a cookie!?!
    Copy Right of S&B LLC.
    SITTM... We have an App for that!

Yeah, I like Ninja Rubber Duckies FCOL!

Quote Originally Posted by ChipNDale View Post
    I did not break or lose a shoe at Disney, but there was a day when Tomorrowland flooded because it was raining so hard and I had just bought my sneakers the week before so I took them and my socks off and walked all the way from Buzz to the front gate *down main street and everything) without any shoes on. No one said anything to me.. Kind of made me feel like a kid again, playing in the rain, no shoes and being in Disney... Oh I love Disney!
    Heeh! Sounds fun!

Now if only it was raining yesterday...
    - Jeanne

Aulani - September 2011

hgraber is offline E-Ticket Holder
    LOL! I've never heard anyone wish it was raining at WDW. I've never had a flip-flop break at WDW, but I had one break in public (though I can't remember where.) They just don't make those things like they used to.
    I believe in Happily Ever Afters.

iwannabeminnie is offline I'm old! I'm like the cryptkeeper!
    Uh, no. Sorry.
    They call me "Nana"

mini-V is offline Home at last near Mickey!
    The closest I'm come to a shoe "break down' when last year. I started having shoe problems due to the socks I'd worn. I'm not sure why my (far from being new) boots were rubbing on my toes, but I realized that if I didn't get thicker socks soon, I was going to be having some serious blisters. Mickey socks to the rescue!
    mini-V What will you celebrate?

Adult daycare for the kid inside you.

disneydame2004 is offline Celebrate Everyday!
    I've done it - several times. But I'm really hard on shoes. The most recent was when I tried to flip the brake off the stroller with the toe of a sandal, and pulled the thong part right through the sole. I was with my son waiting to watch the 3:00 parade and then to meet up with my DH & DD, who were coming back from the water park. Luckily, they stopped at the hotel room first and could bring me another pair of shoes, I just had to shuffle up Main Street to meet them. Later I got to do some shopping for shoes at the Polynesian's gift shop, and found a not-too-outrageously priced pair of sandals.
    -Pat (Disneydame2004)
    Dream Team Auction Coordinator

Help make a child smile! Dream Team Project Firstgiving Page

Quote Originally Posted by disneydame2004 View Post
    I've done it - several times. But I'm really hard on shoes. The most recent was when I tried to flip the brake off the stroller with the toe of a sandal, and pulled the thong part right through the sole. I was with my son waiting to watch the 3:00 parade and then to meet up with my DH & DD, who were coming back from the water park. Luckily, they stopped at the hotel room first and could bring me another pair of shoes, I just had to shuffle up Main Street to meet them. Later I got to do some shopping for shoes at the Polynesian's gift shop, and found a not-too-outrageously priced pair of sandals.
    my flip flops yesterday were 16...

Quote Originally Posted by mini-V View Post
    The closest I'm come to a shoe "break down' when last year. I started having shoe problems due to the socks I'd worn. I'm not sure why my (far from being new) boots were rubbing on my toes, but I realized that if I didn't get thicker socks soon, I was going to be having some serious blisters. Mickey socks to the rescue!
    yay for mickey socks!

Quote Originally Posted by iwannabeminnie View Post
    Uh, no. Sorry.
    eh i survived.

Quote Originally Posted by hgraber View Post
    LOL! I've never heard anyone wish it was raining at WDW. I've never had a flip-flop break at WDW, but I had one break in public (though I can't remember where.) They just don't make those things like they used to.
    oh trust me, if i started a "rain story" thread, it would have to do with Hurricane Andrew... and yeaaah,.
    - Jeanne

Aulani - September 2011

NH Disney Drmr is offline B-Ticket Holder
    New Hampshire - too far away from the magic :(
    I have a shoe story...sort of. The very first time we ever went to Disney was back in the 70's. My parents got it in their minds to take us on a boat ride from Fort Wilderness to the Contemporary Resort and then just take a monorail ride to see the Castle at night. We had been swimming at the beach and let's just say we were wearing swim suits wrapped in towels and our shoes were all soaking wet, all 5 of the family...parents included. Anyhow, we made our way to the Contemporary and I remember going in and seeing the fanciest hotel I had ever seen in my 8 years of age. It also turned out to be one of the most embarrassing moments too. The only sound we could here and I swear everyone else could hear was 5 pairs of shoes making squishing wet sounds. The lobby and the monorail was filled with people all dressed up for a fancy night out. To say the least, we were out of place. I don't even remember admiring the castle that night.

Well, I guess they say shoes always make the outfit. Even soaking wet shoes.
    NH Disney Drmr

October 5, 2013....Mother
    & Daughter trip. She's 16, I'm 40+...Who says Disney is just for kids.

lovedisprinces is offline Annual Passholder
    Well i have had that problem, but it was over at Island of Adventure. I made it most the day, but around 4 it started to rain. We decided to just run from place to place, but my flip-flop stuck on the bridge going to the Hulk and ripped out. I ended up hopping over there. The people working there thought i was crazy, and at the Hulk they just started laughing at me along with my friends. I'm the kind of person who laughs at themselves though so it didnt bother me. We were stuck there for 20 min waiting for the ride to come back on so everybody around ended up joining in for awhile. I hopped back to the bus(we were down there with the band) and everybody just looked at me. The good part of the story comes when we had a grocery store run that night. Everybody wanted to stock up their rooms with food and this was the first night so our directors took us over to Walgreen. I was the only person who went for a reason other than food. I went right for the super glue and thats all i got. When i got back to the room, I glued my flip flops back together, but in the process got my fingers stuck together. It took awhile to pry them apart, but my flip flops worked well enough to last me the rest of the week! when we went over to Disney
    "L'amour brille sous les étoiles Illuminant leur cœur Sa lumière
    Eclaire à l'infini Un sublime espoir" -so i dont really speak french but would love to would u amour to?

3 times w/i the celebration
    I'm a millionaire who got to the hot seat