Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Miscellaneous Discuss pal mickey in the News & Rumors forums; is pal mickey worth buying???...
    tawnilai is offline D-Ticket Holder

pal mickey

is pal mickey worth buying???

"Dream Dare Belive Do"- Walt Disney

Mickey's#1Fan is offline Ready to go back to the World!
    Massachusetts... not close enough to the world :(
    i dont know much about pal mickey but it seems to me it is worth buying if it is your first time at wdw he gives alot of tips and time reminders soo i think if it is your first time it would be worth it but then again i dont know much about him i do like the fact that you can dress him in several different outfits though lol!! i would love to hear insight from anyone that has had a pal mickey!
    Jennah
    Remember the MAGIC
    "a dream can be a dream come true with just that spark in me and you!"
    "in the big blue world...."
    "because i'm a lady... thats why"
    "it's a great BIG beautiful tomorrow!""Beware of hitch hiking ghosts!!"
    "it's hard to be cool when your dad is goofy!"

"please do not put on your safety goggles until you are safely seated safely inside the theater safely"- dr. nigel channing imagination institute

check...check...check...check...applause- four for a dollar

WDW
    Trips: '90 '91 '92 '93 '94 '95 '96 '97 '98 '99 '00 '01 '02 '03 '04
    '05 '06 '07 '08 '09 '10 '12

Chrissy&Tayen is offline counting down to my vacation
    i would love to get him.. and i mighht still yet.. but i dont think i will like packing him around.. and i wont be able to leave him in the stroller because someone will steal him...

the only place i think i would carry him would be magic kindom.. they should have made him to hang on you back like a back pack if you choose to.. because i dont think i would like him hanging around my neck.. he is pretty good sized
    All Star Sports July 2006
    All Star Movies October 2007
    Coronado Spring February 2010
    Pop Century October 2010
    All Star Movies September 2011
    Pop Century September 2012
    Chrissy

disney_barbie is offline B-Ticket Holder
    definitely buy one! They are amazing. I bought one last trip, and he definitely 'plussed' our visit to wdw! he comes with a lanyard so it's easy to carry over your shoulder or round ur neck; then not too big to put away in a bag (for the wet rides!). The cast members seem to love Pal Mickeys too... lots of them waved at him! hehe. You can buy extra outfits for him for about $10 (mine has a safari costume for trips to Animal Kingdom ), and it'll work every time you go back to wdw; and it can still play trivia games when away from the World

hope that helps!

Barbie xxxxx

tawnilai is offline D-Ticket Holder
    thats so ccol ur from surrey england... lol thats harry potters town

"Dream Dare Belive Do"- Walt Disney

skiyalater is offline Almost time for school!
    I love my pal mickey. He is definitely worth it.
    "Por favor mantaganse alejado de las puertas"
    GO RED SOX!!!!
    Some people say I'm A.D.D., but I HEY LOOK A SQUIRREL!!!!!

GoofyGuy is offline D-Ticket Holder
    OH Man the excitment is building!!!! I keep asking the baby if she wants to go to Mickey Mouses house? She kinda just looks at me (not knowing what I'm saying at 14 months)

I'm still tossing the idea around about MYPalMickey - I just don't know if she's too little to understand. She will be in her stroller (we are bringing our own stroller) so we will be able to hook it up in there with her, and just take it out when leaving the stroller anywhere. It's got a couple of drink holders and a comparment underneath for storage. I'll have to tether it down because she's a thrower. I was thinking about getting a metal pet tag made (you can make them at Walmart for $3.00) with our last name and hotel and putting it on Mickey - incase it gets lost. but like I said still don't know..... we've been safing up for this trip for a year, so I don't mind spending the $ what do you guys think? 15 month old????
    February 1997 - Off Property
    October 1999 - Off Property
    November 2000 - Off Property
    November 2001 - All Star Music
    November 2002 - All Star Music
    November 2003 - All Star Movies
    November 2005 - Port Orleans / French Quarter
    October 2007 - Pop Century Classic Years
    November 2008 - Port Orleans / French Quarter
    November 2010 - Port Orleans / French Quarter
    November 2012 - Port Orleans / French Quarter
    November 2013 - All Star Music

disney_barbie is offline B-Ticket Holder
    I would still recommend it for a small kid.. he giggles and shakes when he talks!

xxxx

Pluto'sPal is offline C-Ticket Holder
    We bought my son one at the parks when he was 15 months and he loves it!

mattj4226 is offline Fastpass Holder
    Don't get me wrong, I love Pal Mickey! But, If you buy one model one year, by the time you get back (within a year or so) Disney has already made a new model and has programed the senors to only work with that particular model. Your Pal Mickey will still go off in the parks, but will not download any new material. At least that is how mine works.
    - Matt
    Allaboutthemouseketeer #155
    http://anotherdisney.blogspot.com/
    http://mattspoliticalrants.blogspot.com/

2009 & 2010 WDW Half Marathons, 2009 Disneyland Half Marathon,

Next Visit to the World: March '09 for Princess Half Marathon Weekend?

For a little kid however, I would definately suggest getting one. Even if they don't understand what Mickey is saying, They will someday. I'm 20 and I STILL play with mine! I guess I'll grow up someday.
    - Matt

GoofyGuy is offline D-Ticket Holder
    Yes,

After talking it over with the "Boss"
    We decided we will be getting one for Ms Adeline

I have a question or two?
    Do the newer ones download information from the internet? I'm not sure I understood that post? also, when you 1st buy one, are the batteries generally good or should I replace them before heading out to the parks? We'll be getting in late afternoon Friday so we won't be hitting the parks until Saturday. So I was thinking of picking it up at the resort. I'm guessing they are the same price everywhere?????? How about the differences in clothes, does it depend on where we buy the Mickey or are there seperate outfits to change him into? Does he have the hat???????
    February 1997 - Off Property
    October 1999 - Off Property
    November 2000 - Off Property
    November 2001 - All Star Music
    November 2002 - All Star Music
    November 2003 - All Star Movies
    November 2005 - Port Orleans / French Quarter
    October 2007 - Pop Century Classic Years
    November 2008 - Port Orleans / French Quarter
    November 2010 - Port Orleans / French Quarter
    November 2012 - Port Orleans / French Quarter
    November 2013 - All Star Music

1. Yeah I'm not sure if I understand that post now that I look at it. As you walk around the parks with Mickey, sensors of some kind cause Mickey to talk (things like when the parade is starting, jokes, etc.). Those sensors also download "stuff" (I don't know what else to call it) into Mickey.

2. I would say that the batteries are good, but if you want to be safe go ahead and bring some. I'm pretty sure they take AAA.

3. I'm almost positive that they all have the same clothes. When I got mine, he just came in his red shorts and yellow shoes and that was it, but I think they have changed it now. I do know that you can buy new clothes for him usually at the same places that sell Pal Mickey. And I think that they do have a sorcerer's outfit but I'm not sure.

4. They should all cost the same everywhere. Last time I was there, they were about $65.00. If you buy him at the resort, be sure to take him to all 4 parks when you get there so that he can download all of his "stuff".

I hope this helps, I'm still confused . If it dosn't just say so here or PM me!
    - Matt

GalPal is offline Fastpass Holder
    OK - as the proud owner of all three versions of PM, I'll chime in here. The current version in the parks has blue shorts. He is wearing a removable sorcerer robe and hat. The radio frequencey receiver is in Mickey's nose so make sure he is switched on and nose pointed forward when you enter one of the parks. This allows him to "update" with info accurate to that day. i.e. parade times, show times, ride wait times, etc. While some of his content is upgradable, some of it is static...his jokes, games and songs don't change.

The older versions of PM can not be upgraded to recognize sensors on new attractions. However, they will update with current info on older rides/shows. That is the main reason I keep getting the newest version.

There are additional outfits available for purchase. However, I personally feel that the quality is seriously lacking...especially for the price Disney is charging. My PM has a huge wardrobe. But, much of it has been taken from other plushies. A few items, I have sewn myself.

Hope this helps.

Pluto'sPal is offline C-Ticket Holder
    I bought ours in april and the person we bought it from said that the next time we go to the park they could update Mickey. I don't remember where she said we could do this, but I thought she said he could be updated, not sure about updating online. Ours just came with the classic Mickey clothes, but we then bought a pirate outfit for him...they have lots of outfits to choose from. I have not changed the batteries in ours yet and my son plays with Mickey almost everyday. I'm almost certain they cost the same everywhere at the resort. Hope this is a little helpful too!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast