Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Miscellaneous Discuss what to wear? in the News & Rumors forums; i am going to wdw in a few days and i dnt know what to wear... i have never been to florida and i dont know what to wear in ...
    tawnilai is offline D-Ticket Holder

what to wear?

i am going to wdw in a few days and i dnt know what to wear... i have never been to florida and i dont know what to wear in winter in florida. can someone please help me?i dont want to cart a sweater around all day if i dont need to.

"Dream Dare Belive Do"- Walt Disney

MandaBella is offline "She who must be loved."
    Well, you can start by checking the weather forecast for the days of your trip at either weather.com or accuweather.com I just looked and it looks like 70s/80s highs and the 60/upper 50s low.

WDW is very variable with weather in December....meaning you could be wearing shorts and tank tops down to long pants and a coat. I've been there when the temps were close to 90 and high humidity down to the low 50s. It can get even cooler than that. This time of year after checking the forecast, I have learned it is best to be able to layer your clothes. It could be chilly in the morning and the evening but warm in the afternoon.

Have a great trip.
    Amanda
    always plotting, planning, and looking forward to our next adventure...

echoscot is offline D-Ticket Holder
    Clothes would be good....LOL

Sorry couldn't resist.

Florida's weather is very iffy. When I lived there we used to have the joke "If you don't like the weather wait about 5 minutes it'll change"
    It can get very cold but that is usually for short durations in January and February.

In December you will want light jackets, but also some warm weather wear. It will be cool one day and warm the next. It will be cool in the evening and hot at noon.

Hope you enjoy your trip.

aurora&goofy is offline B-Ticket Holder
    like everyone has already said, our weather changes quickly. one day it'll be 80 something and the next it's barely reaching 70. use weather underground's site. it's disney's zipcode, u can keep checking it for ur trip

Orlando, Florida (32830) Conditions & Forecast : Weather Underground
    and

mini-V is offline Home at last near Mickey!
    Be prepared to dress in layers; the weather can be anywhere on the scale.
    mini-V What will you celebrate?

Adult daycare for the kid inside you.

Smack81 is offline Long Live IllumiNations!
    Quote Originally Posted by tawnilai View Post
    i am going to wdw in a few days and i dnt know what to wear... i have never been to florida and i dont know what to wear in winter in florida. can someone please help me?i dont want to cart a sweater around all day if i dont need to.
    I've got to agree with what everyone said about December weather in Florida, so even though you were hoping you wouldn't have to cart a sweater around, I think you'll need it.

Ayhab is offline D-Ticket Holder
    Ok, I'm a born and raised SOUTH Floridian, where it's 80 degrees everyday. I'll give the you the best advice, believe me. First off it depends on where your coming from, if you coming from a normally chilly state don't bother with hoodies or anything, it won't get too cold for you. Second off DO NOT WEAR BIKE SHORTS AND NEON COLOR TANKS! Wear some cargo shorts with big pockets and a t-shirt, your not going to the desert bud. Here's a thread I posted a while back http://www.disneyworldtrivia.com/for...ve-thread.html it has some fashion NO-NO's for the parks in it. And third off the coldest it could get the first week of December is like 70, MAYBE! Bring MAYBE one hoodie or sweater, but you'll most likely won't use it. NO FANNY PACKS!!!! That's why cargo shorts with big side pockets are perfect, believe me. Thank you.
    Ayhab the Arab
    It's amazing to think that this all started with one little mouse.

I'm always cold, so I almost always have a sweater with me. I usually carry a small backpack around with me (instead of a pocketbook) so there's always room for a sweater! Bring a light sweater, or a light hoodie. If it happens to rain, it's easiest to just buy a disney poncho while your there. It depends on your normal body-temperature, but the temperature outside and the inside air conditioned air is always unpredictable - it's better to have and not need than to need and not have
    All our dreams can come true if we have the courage to pursue them - Walt Disney

The problem is not the problem; the problem is your attitude about the problem - Captain Jack Sparrow

Laughter is timeless, imagination has no age, and dreams are forever - Walt Disney

Mickey's#1Fan is offline Ready to go back to the World!
    Massachusetts... not close enough to the world :(
    well i usually go to WDW in the summer or spring but one year we decided to go for Christmas and it was a record low of about 20 degrees outside NO JOKE!!!! it was all over the news and everything!!!! being from new england you would think me and my family would be okay with the cold weather but we had jackets pants sweatshirts and even little thin mittens on!!! it was crazy and all the cms originally from the south were so cold they looked like eskimos!!! lol so most definetly watch the weather you dont want it to be a record low like i had and have only tshirts and shorts in your bag lol!!!!
    Jennah
    Remember the MAGIC
    "a dream can be a dream come true with just that spark in me and you!"
    "in the big blue world...."
    "because i'm a lady... thats why"
    "it's a great BIG beautiful tomorrow!""Beware of hitch hiking ghosts!!"
    "it's hard to be cool when your dad is goofy!"

"please do not put on your safety goggles until you are safely seated safely inside the theater safely"- dr. nigel channing imagination institute

check...check...check...check...applause- four for a dollar

WDW
    Trips: '90 '91 '92 '93 '94 '95 '96 '97 '98 '99 '00 '01 '02 '03 '04
    '05 '06 '07 '08 '09 '10 '12

lovedisprinces is offline Annual Passholder
    It depends on what your used to normally and what sort of temp your coming from, i think. I normally wear shorts, even when its getting chilly outside. If you wear capris or pants when its warm, then go with that. Just make sure you have shoes you can walk a lot in. THats probably the most important part.
    "L'amour brille sous les étoiles Illuminant leur cœur Sa lumière
    Eclaire à l'infini Un sublime espoir" -so i dont really speak french but would love to would u amour to?

3 times w/i the celebration
    I'm a millionaire who got to the hot seat