Your Walt Disney World Information Station

Poll: Have you ever taken the bypass around Jacksonville

Miscellaneous Discuss Bypass around Jacksonville in the News & Rumors forums; This time when we got to Disney we are thinking about going the bypass around Jacksonville. Has anyone done this, and if so then what do you think about it? ...
    lilo88 is offline DisneyWorldTrivia.com Lifetime Pass

Bypass around Jacksonville

This time when we got to Disney we are thinking about going the bypass around Jacksonville. Has anyone done this, and if so then what do you think about it?
    The poll has to parts first being (yes I have taken the bypass),(no I have not taken this bypass) and the second part is for the people who have taken it, (I loved it and will take it again), (I liked it but don't know if I will take it again), (I didn't like it and probably will not take it again) or (I hated it and would never suggest it to anyone). And then in a post if you could tell me what you liked or disliked about it. Thanks so much!
    Last edited by lilo88; 11-26-2007 at 10:20 AM.
    Tiffany~o ~ D23 member

Sufferer of Disney Vacation Depression

97'~French Quarter, 99'~CBR, 01'~Movies, 03'~Music/PORriverside/DCL, 05'~POP, 06'~Movies, 08'~Movies, 09'~Disneyland/ Embassy Suites Irvine/ 10'~Music, 12'~LBV Best Western Disney View

tizzo is offline E-Ticket Holder
    I assume you're talking about the 295 bypass around Jacksonville. I've taken it once, and actually meant to take it my last trip through that area but missed the exit. It seemed to me like I was being taken pretty far out of the way, but the traffic was MUCH lighter than on I-95. My recollection is that the surface is past due for repaving (IE it's a little rough in spots), but it still beats the Jacksonville construction zone, and the narrow-feeling and sharply shifting lanes as you go around the city.

IMO, the only benefit to sticking with I-95 is the view of the skyline if you happen to be driving through at night. Other than that, I'd say take the bypass.

lilo88 is offline DisneyWorldTrivia.com Lifetime Pass
    Yeah Im talking about the 295 bypass, thanks for the info.
    Tiffany~o ~ D23 member

Sufferer of Disney Vacation Depression

97'~French Quarter, 99'~CBR, 01'~Movies, 03'~Music/PORriverside/DCL, 05'~POP, 06'~Movies, 08'~Movies, 09'~Disneyland/ Embassy Suites Irvine/ 10'~Music, 12'~LBV Best Western Disney View