Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Miscellaneous Discuss should i get pal mickey? in the News & Rumors forums; i have been toying with the idea of getting pal mickey. it will be my first time at the world at the technlogy of pal mickey just mazes me.. should ...
    tawnilai is offline D-Ticket Holder

should i get pal mickey?

i have been toying with the idea of getting pal mickey. it will be my first time at the world at the technlogy of pal mickey just mazes me.. should i spend 60 bucks on it? also how muchis an autograph book

"Dream Dare Belive Do"- Walt Disney

nicki12 is offline Disney Fan and Twilighter
    What is Pal Mickey?

Nicole a.k.a. nicki12 ~ a Navy daughter
    Huge fan of the Twilight Series!
    "All your dreams can come true, if you have the courage to pursue them" - Walt Disney

lovedisprinces is offline Annual Passholder
    I considered getting one but then came to the conclusion that was brought up by my sister that i shouldn't. She decided I was like pal mickey because as we walked around the parks, I gave random information or said stupid disney jokes. I still think it would be cool to get a pal mickey though, but 60 bucks is pretty steep for me. As far as the autograph books, they aren't all that much. I think they are all under $10 but I'm not sure on that. I was going to get one, but got too excited and sorta made one before I went down.
    "L'amour brille sous les étoiles Illuminant leur cœur Sa lumière
    Eclaire à l'infini Un sublime espoir" -so i dont really speak french but would love to would u amour to?

3 times w/i the celebration
    I'm a millionaire who got to the hot seat

princessariel is offline Fastpass Holder
    The biggest thing to me would be having to carry it around....
    Summer '83-Off Site

Dec '95- Shades Of Green

March '03-All Star Movies

March '06-All Star Movies

October '07-POFQ

March '10-POFQ

March '13 POFQ

June '14 POFQ

Nov'14 All Star Sports-F&WF W&D 1/2 Marathon!

turkeymama is offline Christmas Shopping Rules!
    I love my Pal Mickey, but I loved him less and less as the days progressed. He is fun, but it can get old toting him around. Also, I would put him on the stroller to lighten my load, but then I couldn't hear him.

Having said all that, I plan on buying batteries for the little guy so he can go back with us next week.
    "You may not realize it when it happens, but a kick in the teeth may be the best thing in the world for you."
    Walt Disney

mini-V is offline Home at last near Mickey!
    I like my Pal Mickey as well, but the novelty of owning and carrying him around wears off quickly. I do bring him to A park at least once when I'm home for a visit, but rarely does he get to go more than once. I have one of the early editions. He was a gift, and I'm not sure I would have been able to rationalize spending that much money for him. You need to remember to turn him off when going into attractions since Pal Mickey likes to talk to you at inconvenient times. I've never been able to figure out why I can barely hear him while I am walking, but in a quiet restaurant he screams, "The British are coming! The British are coming!" loud enough for the people across the room to hear him.
    mini-V What will you celebrate?

Adult daycare for the kid inside you.

SamIAm717 is offline Fastpass Holder
    He's a bit heavy, somewhat cumbersome, especially if it's hot. My biggest goof was always leaving him behind in the stroller. Luckily, he was never stolen. He was usually stuffed in the pouch. He's adorable though, especially when you are leaving the park at night. He says he's had a great day with you and gets all sappy and then says he wants to take a nap. My daugther loves him, but I'm the one who has to carry him! Uggh!
    “To all who come to this happy place; welcome. Disneyland is your land. Here age relives fond memories of the past...and here youth may savor the challenge and promise of the future. Disneyland is dedicated to the ideals, the dreams and the hard facts that have created America...with the hope that it will be a source of joy and inspiration to all the world.”

GalPal is offline Fastpass Holder
    I have all three versions of PM so I guess you could say I'm a fan.

My Mickey goes to the parks with me almost every single day we are at the World. He has a place on the back of his head for a clip. I sewed small metal loops to the strap of my backpack and attach Mick using a caribeener. It's a great way to meet people from all over - Mickey can be very chatty. It doesn't hurt that he as a whole wardrobe of cute outfits courtesy of all the naked plush hidden in my closet!

Cinderella2 is offline Thrilled to know there are others who sparkle!
    I wanted to like Pal Mickey. I really did. He just sort of creeps me out. Sadly, I give him a thumbs down.
    Sorry! Don't hate me! Now, if they had a Pal Cinderella who sang things and handed out compliments like, "Oh darling, I just adore the shoes you are wearing today", then sign me up!
    Dreams Really Do Come True

We bought our first one this past August for our 3 year old and he loves him! Most of the time my husband was carrying him....we just simply attached him to one of our DWT lanyards and he wore him around his neck. He didn't complain about having to carry him at all and it was fun listening to our little one giggle when Mickey told one of his corny jokes! We will be taking him back with us each and every trip!

how big is he?

Quote Originally Posted by tawnilai View Post
    how big is he?
    He's about 11-12 inches tall (long) and probably weighs about a pound and a half I'd guess. He's really not all that heavy.

thanks for all ur guys help!!!! omg im so excited im taking off tonight and we will get there tomorrow morning! i think after this post i decided (drum roll please)........................................... ..... to get a Pal Mickey!!!! somehow ill find a way to make my mom carry him even if im 17 lol.... i want to buy him some outfits! what does the out fit look like that he comes in?

nicki12 is offline Disney Fan and Twilighter
    how much is it?

Nicole a.k.a. nicki12 ~ a Navy daughter
    Huge fan of the Twilight Series!
    "All your dreams can come true, if you have the courage to pursue them" - Walt Disney

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast