Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Page 11 of 59 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast
Miscellaneous Discuss Disney Pet Peeves in the News & Rumors forums; ......
    esigsby is offline E-Ticket Holder
    Last edited by esigsby; 02-14-2007 at 05:47 PM.

Big Cheese is offline B-Ticket Holder

Pet Peeves

People wanting to take pictures of characters before the next person in line get's up to them! Even to the extent of telling some child to wait! (like they haven't waited long enough), and yelling the characters name to get them to turn in their direction. If you want a pic of just the character, get in line with the rest of us!
    TheBIGGEST,Little kid in the O Family!
    DISNEY ROCKS!
    WDW Dec. 75 - offsite
    WDW June 88 - Honeymoon, offsite
    WDW Feb. 2001 - All Star Sports
    WDW Dec. 2002 - All Star Music
    Disneyland April 2003 - offsite
    WDW Dec. 2005 - POP Century
    WDW Feb. 2007 - All Star Sports
    WDW Feb. 2008 - All Star Sports
    WDW Oct. 2009 - Caribbean Beach
    WDW Feb 2010 All Star Music
    WDW June. 2011 POP Century

kree is offline C-Ticket Holder
    I did not read all the posts, but here you go:
    1. When you get behind someone in line and 5-10 minutes later the rest of their extended family elbows their way forward into the line. The "IN LINE BY PROXY" syndrome

2. The person that takes 20-30 minutes with a Guest Relations CM (as if the CM is their own personal vacation planner). The "I CAN'T THINK FOR MYSELF" syndrome

3. People in line who don't seem to understand the concept of 'personal space'. The "MAYBE I'LL GET ON THE RIDE QUICKER IF I KEEP BUMPING MY FAT GUT INTO THE PERSON IN FRONT OF ME" syndrome

4. People who leave their disgusting, wet towels on the chairs when they leave the pool. The "I'M TOO LAZY AND STUPID TO REALIZE HOW INCONSIDERATE I AM syndrome."

5. People who stop walking to stand dead still in a high traffic area. The "THIS LOOKS LIKE A GOOD SPOT TO CHECK MY GUIDE MAP" syndrome.

6. This one is not exclusive to WDW: People who open food and start eating it in the store before they've paid for it. The "I HAVE ABSOLUTELY NO SELF CONTROL" syndrome

mini-V is offline Home at last near Mickey!
    I have three pet peeves:
    1. Kids that are allowed to crawl and hang from railings at bus stops. It's dangerous and causes wear on the decor - and isn't part of the reason we like WDW is because it's well kept?
    2. Kids that squeeze in front of me for the parade after I've been there for 45 minute to hold my spot. (I'm 4'10" - anyone shorter is fine, but they never are.)
    3. People that won't let me have MY personal space, but feel compelled to stand directly behind me and lean on my backpack.
    mini-V What will you celebrate?

Adult daycare for the kid inside you.

kngdmhrts3 is offline D-Ticket Holder
    yea im 16 and i will gladly walk up to anyone who says something stupid and corttect them,

yea letting your 2 yearold walk aound in the tomorrowland met and greet area so that my mom says dan lookout and i get a concussion falling on the poles because a kid followed you, thats what a carrige is for not coats in september why did stich pat my head- he saw me fall
    Hakuna Matata

"They say Walt Disney World is the Happiest Place on Earth, but they have never been in your arms"

karamie is offline C-Ticket Holder
    When I was at WDW there was a teenage girl in a wheelchair who went in to ride Splash Mountain ahead of everyone else, along with her two friends. My friend and I saw them get on the ride, the girl limped to the log. They were one log ahead of us so we saw them get off. This time the girl wasn't limping, but her other friend, and he sat in the wheelchair while she pushed him.

So my pet peeve is people lying about a disability or injury just to get onto rides quicker. That upset me so much I told a CM but there really wasn't anything the CM could do.

Karamie

Conceited Ape is offline 6 out of 7 dwarves aren't happy.
    Glad to know I'm not the only one who doesn't take kindly to littering in the parks, especially when there never seems to be a trash can any further away than what I could probably shot-put to. The custodians WDW has working for them are real good, but they are only human. They can't be everywhere at once. As such, I often find myself going vigilante on rubbish wherever I see it, especially in the queue of Pirates of the Carribean (on one occasion, a little boy and I guess his sister saw me doing this, and lended a hand. That warranted some high-fives for them, and low ones for me).

It drives me up the wall when I find that someone has gone out of their way to be a jerk with trash, and made it just about impossible for anyone to do anything about it. Case in point, going back to the POTC queue; the jail cell with the two skeletons hunched over the chess board. Once, I saw a scattering of soda bottles and plastic silverware down below, and finding myself desperately wanting to make the offending party eat the garbage (recycling be darned on this one). I couldn't help but imagine a little guy in a fedora too big for his noggin grabbing the bars and peering down below for the first time in his life, and having the awesome-ness get a bit tarnished by some creative slob's inconsideration.

Please, don't let me actually catch anyone doing this. I'm not entirely sure what I'd do, and I couldn't guarantee their enjoying the rest of their day at the happiest place on Earth.
    "The society that draws too great of a distinction between its scholars and its warriors will end up having its thinking done by cowards and its fighting done by fools." --probably Thucydides

karamie is offline C-Ticket Holder
    When I last rode POTC there was trash in that jail cell you mentioned. I don't really understand why people can't take the extra step or so to place their trash in it's proper place.

Karamie

clara is offline B-Ticket Holder
    Forgive me, I haven't read this whole thread, so if I'm repeating I'm sorry.

But oh my God!!! What I hate most is people who ram the backs of my ankles with their strollers. Especially after Wishes! when it's jam packed on Main Street. Honey, I am not getting anywhere quicker out of your way, especially if you injure my feet. And then when they don't say sorry! How can you not know you hit a person? They know! So when you turn around to glare at them (I always have to) they give you that stupid look, the "Well I have a kid and you don't so I am entitled to hurt you with their stroller..." grrrrrrrrrrrrrr.

I also hate the thing Kree mentioned ... when one person stands in line for 20 others. I once didn't get into Candlelight Processional, after waiting an hour plus, because the jerks 3 people in front of me had ten people "join" them last minute.

Or people who don't understand the concept of Fast Pass. Dude, your return time is 1:05 ... it's now 12:57 ... YES you must wait until 1:05. And they don't understand that if Disney allowed everyone to jump ahead on Fast Pass return time "by just a few minutes" then the whole entire system would collapse.

Lastly, the folks who refuse to obey the smoking approved areas. Lots will, and I appreciate them sooooooooo much, so I know it's not all smokers. But we say it on the monorails, the buses, the trams, the maps, EVERYWHERE. So when I'm choking on cigarette smoke outside of Great Movie Ride, yeah, I get upset, because I know it's not an approved location. And the smoking "spots" are never really too far away. Just because you are outdoors doesn't mean it's an all out smoke-fest. Not only does it make the air gross for everyone, but don't they realize they could burn a child while whipping around a lighted cigarette in their hand? Disney is crowded... and children are all over the place. This is not your quiet back yard in Greenville, SC. people, this is a busy place! You can hurt someone! Not to mention give someone else and asthma attack or worse. Oooooooo it makes me so crazy.

Uggg, just thinking about all this is raising my blood pressure. I must stop!
    Last edited by clara; 02-03-2006 at 01:13 AM.

clara is offline B-Ticket Holder
    Quote Originally Posted by MainStreet, USA
    The themeing is also pretty impressive (check out the queue at Dueling Dragons if you need some convincing).
    Sorry, but I have to respond to this (if someone hasn't already?)

But Dueling Dragons is a Disney coaster ... built by Disney for Animal Kingdom. Going back to the beginning when the logo was the elephant, dinosaur and unicorn-- these three represented the animals that were (dinosaur), are (elephant) and never will be (unicorn) ... in the unicorn category includes dragons. Anyway, somewhere along the line they didn't follow up on the whole theme in that direction and someone thought Dueling Dragons was too thrill-ish for Disney. So when IOA opened around the same time they sold it over to them. This is why the queue is soooooooooooo huge (it's built for Disney sized crowds) and there are even Hidden Mickey's in the queue area.

So Dueling Dragons, great idea? Yes. Great ride? Sure. Fun experience that's way unexpected hanging out over at IOA ... why is that strange? Oh yeah, because they didn't think of it. Disney did, they just got to benefit from our fickle theming issues at the time.

Interesting, huh?!

Oh, I want to add another peeve of my very own. People who let their toddlers run around bare foot! Yes the park is clean. But ... cigarettes mentioned before, gum, the ground could be hot, or a million other gross stuff to hurt a kid. Grrrrrrrrrr. In the same vein, the parents that allow the kids with the "roller sneakers" to roll around the parks. They could hurt themselves or someone else badly. Not to mention how rude they are crusing past everyone else in a fury. It's awful how some people let their children behave.

MainStreet, USA is offline I'm walking right down the middle of Main Street, USA!
    Southington, CT/Daytona Beach, FL/ Main Street, USA!
    Quote Originally Posted by clara
    But Dueling Dragons is a Disney coaster ... built by Disney for Animal Kingdom. Going back to the beginning when...
    Not to try and debate your facts, but I'm more than a little suprised by this if it's true! Can anyone else verify this fact? It would be very cool if it was true, because it would give me huge bragging rights over my friend. He's a huge US/IoA fan, and one of his (and mine) favorite attractions over there is DD, and that is also the ride he uses to defend his park when I say that they don't theme like Disney does. So if this is true, that Disney Imagineered this attraction, then I could take the amunition right out of his best weapon in our debate! So cool!

Of course... I'm still reluctant to believe it right away. Sounds too good to be true.
    -Don-
    Your heart can just take wing,
    You can live out all your dreams...
    ...it's time to Remember the Magic!
    Yo Ho, Yo Ho, A Pilot's Life for Me...

Pirate_Queen is offline C-Ticket Holder
    When my Dad and I went on POTC a few years ago, there were these two brothers (apparently guardian-less, not a parent in sight. I'd say they were 12 and 10 years old) who acted like it was their first and last time to WDW! They kept slowing down and talking and staring at stuff in the queue line, leaving rather large gaps between them/us and the people in front of them! My Dad and I kept telling them to get a move on- you *will* see this stuff again! (That, and it's not that amazing compared to what's *inside* the ride.) Then again later in the same day, there was another pair of parent-less siblings who wouldn't stop rough-housing! They kept ramming into me and my Dad, pushing us either into the wall or the people behind us. They too, held up the line drastically. Then to make matters worse, they sat in the seats in front of us and loudly yakked and took flash pictures...ALL THE TIME! Absolute disregard for the audio warnings about no flash photography. Worst POTC experience ever.

Another thing that bugs me/creeps me out is being shot down by a smiling CM. This was at DL, but I asked to get into the Aladdin/Jasmine storytime thing after leaving to get film for my camera and the CM wouldn't even take the Barbie grin off her face and telling me "No! Move along!" *shrug*

And this past summer, there were HUGE foreign groups EVERYWHERE. I mean EVERYWHERE. 2005 seemed to be the summer of the japanese schoolgirls/middle-aged dudes, because I thought I was in Tokyo Disney! They pushed, they shoved, some even cut in line! Again, absolute disregard for anyone and anything. Just because you don't speak the language doesn't mean you can break our rules! My Dad was trying to take a picture of me in front of the POTC sign and just as he raised the camera- here comes Mr. Flaggy-Wavy guy, followed by his 100-man tour group- and stopped right between us! Couldn't even take the picture... I'm not dissing tour groups by any means, but MAN oh MAN can they be rude sometimes!

"To all that come to this happy place: Welcome. Disneyland is your land. Here age relives fond memories of the past, and here youth may savor the challenge and promise of the future. Disneyland is dedicated to the ideals, the dreams, and the hard facts that have created America... with hope that it will be a source of joy and inspiration to all the world."

SoupBone is offline Fastpass Holder
    Quote Originally Posted by MainStreet, USA
    Not to try and debate your facts, but I'm more than a little suprised by this if it's true! Can anyone else verify this fact? It would be very cool if it was true, because it would give me huge bragging rights over my friend. He's a huge US/IoA fan, and one of his (and mine) favorite attractions over there is DD, and that is also the ride he uses to defend his park when I say that they don't theme like Disney does. So if this is true, that Disney Imagineered this attraction, then I could take the amunition right out of his best weapon in our debate! So cool!

Of course... I'm still reluctant to believe it right away. Sounds too good to be true.

Can anyone verify the Dueling Dragons rumor?

MainStreet, USA is offline I'm walking right down the middle of Main Street, USA!
    Southington, CT/Daytona Beach, FL/ Main Street, USA!
    Quote Originally Posted by SoupBone
    Can anyone verify the Dueling Dragons rumor?
    I posted a question about this in the ask the experts section myself after reading about it here on this thread, and what I have learned since then is that Dueling Dragons was not made or designed by Disney, but rather by a group of engineers who were formerly employed by Disney Imagineering to design a dragon-themed coaster for DAK's originally planned Beastly Kingdom. When the BK land idea was coming up short on time and money, it was scrapped for the quicker, cheaper Camp Minnie-Mickey, and many of the Imagineers who had been working on the BK project were kind of left hanging.

Universal was building a park of their own at the time, Islands of Adventure, and thought that they would be able to make good use of a dragon coaster of some sort in their Lost Continent area, and so they hired up the former imagineers to design a coaster for them with a similar theme.

So that all boils down to this. No, the DD ride that is currently located at IOA is not the same ride that was going to go into DAK, but it did have a common dragon theme, and was designed by former imagineers. So... it's really only partially true. At least, that's how what I've gathered with a little research of my own and some help from some more knowledgeable folks than myself.
    -Don-
    Your heart can just take wing,
    You can live out all your dreams...
    ...it's time to Remember the Magic!
    Yo Ho, Yo Ho, A Pilot's Life for Me...

GrmGrnningGhost is offline Friends Call Me Snow Miser...
    A real pet peeve of mine is when another guest ruins the Disney magic by insulting the CM's. Happened to me my recent trip. Was riding ToT and people said things to the bellhop before we went up that was very very rude
    Josh

The happy haunts have received your simpathetic vibrations, and are begining to materialize.They're assembling for a swinging wake,and they will be expecting me.I will see you all a little later

I'm Mister White Christmas
    I'm Mister Snow
    I'm Mister Icicle
    I'm Mister Ten Below
    Friends call me Snow Miser
    What ever I touch
    Turns to snow in my clutch
    I'm too much!

Page 11 of 59 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast