Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Page 12 of 59 FirstFirst ... 2101112131422 ... LastLast
Miscellaneous Discuss Disney Pet Peeves in the News & Rumors forums; Originally Posted by GrmGrnningGhost A real pet peeve of mine is when another guest ruins the Disney magic by insulting the CM's. Right on. And I don't tolerate it when ...
    Conceited Ape is offline 6 out of 7 dwarves aren't happy.
    Quote Originally Posted by GrmGrnningGhost
    A real pet peeve of mine is when another guest ruins the Disney magic by insulting the CM's.
    Right on. And I don't tolerate it when I see/hear it (I actually can be pretty scary when I make up my mind to be). Not sure why, but from my experience, the Tower of Terror does seem to be the "let's make the CM's job harder than it needs to be" ground zero.
    "The society that draws too great of a distinction between its scholars and its warriors will end up having its thinking done by cowards and its fighting done by fools." --probably Thucydides

Pirate_Queen is offline C-Ticket Holder
    I've always been too much of a chicken to ride ToT, so I wouldn't know...what exactly do they say to the poor CM's?

"To all that come to this happy place: Welcome. Disneyland is your land. Here age relives fond memories of the past, and here youth may savor the challenge and promise of the future. Disneyland is dedicated to the ideals, the dreams, and the hard facts that have created America... with hope that it will be a source of joy and inspiration to all the world."

4Mickey is offline "But why is the Rum gone?"
    When CM's are rude or not informed on Disney stuff (that should be general information).
    Or even better, when a CM guides you to a turnstile that happens to be LOCKED!!!
    "What ARRRRGH you doing?"

"What are you doing?"
    "No, What ARRRRGH you doing?"
    Cap'n Jack lives again!
    "I'll try anything once or twice, that's the kind of mouse I am"

On the Tower of Terror, I'm not sure why (I'd chalk it up to something in the air of the boiler room queue), but it tends to bring out the worst in teeny-bopper/young buck pack mentality. One occasion that particularly sticks out in my mind was a time two or three members of the party I was corralled in the lift area with had decided to precariously seat themselves on the handrail (seemingly oblivious to the somewhat timid CM imploring them to get their $300 sneakers back on terra firma again) while a few others apparently decided to find out just how loudly they could swear and get away with it; all the while giving another CM absolutely zero attention while he was about to lay out some boarding procedures for us. (I gave the guy three tries to regain order before I started barking. It didn't take much. As Rizzo the Rat pointed out; "Ya gotta project.") Now, with everyone safely on solid ground, mouths shut, and eyes forward, we all could proceed with our little tour.

(One or two of them did shoot me some hard looks, to which I smiled and blew them a kiss. Drink your milk, pump some iron, and get back to me in a few years, okay kid?)

As for CM rudeness, can't honestly say I've seen this one for myself, or if I did, it went right over my little head. Sorry to hear about being led into a locked turnstyle (that probably left a mark......), although I do remember years back, it was kind of a favorite shenanigan of the early morning Jungle Cruise skippers to re-route the rope queue so that it went on a long and winding course, but never actually went anywhere. Personally, I thought it was hilarious, and was a little miffed that I didn't think about it myself.
    "The society that draws too great of a distinction between its scholars and its warriors will end up having its thinking done by cowards and its fighting done by fools." --probably Thucydides

DisneyFREAK91 is offline We go on
    My ultimate Pet Peeve. When you're standing in line for whatever ride you want and the person in front of you doesn't move when there is a HUGE gap in front of them.

I practically kick them to move forward.
    Remember, Dreams Come True!

Dragonrider1227 is offline Fastpass Holder
    Quote Originally Posted by angey77

Keeping crying babies in an attraction instead of walking them out. Same goes for forcing screaming, kicking kids on a ride they don't want to go on.
    And then proboly compain to Disney that the ride scared their kids.
    Quote Originally Posted by clara

Lastly, the folks who refuse to obey the smoking approved areas. Lots will, and I appreciate them sooooooooo much, so I know it's not all smokers. But we say it on the monorails, the buses, the trams, the maps, EVERYWHERE. So when I'm choking on cigarette smoke outside of Great Movie Ride, yeah, I get upset, because I know it's not an approved location. And the smoking "spots" are never really too far away. Just because you are outdoors doesn't mean it's an all out smoke-fest. Not only does it make the air gross for everyone, but don't they realize they could burn a child while whipping around a lighted cigarette in their hand? Disney is crowded... and children are all over the place. This is not your quiet back yard in Greenville, SC. people, this is a busy place! You can hurt someone! Not to mention give someone else and asthma attack or worse. Oooooooo it makes me so crazy.
    But, but, I NEED TO SMOKE! I NEED A CIGARETTE NOW! NOW! NOW!!
    Last edited by Dragonrider1227; 03-12-2006 at 08:22 PM.

GrmGrnningGhost is offline Friends Call Me Snow Miser...
    for the ToT i experinced was..

We were all in the elevator and our bellhop(who was very good at being spooky) was giving us the safety procedures and when he finished these ignorant persons asked him "Are you always stupid or is it just part of the job" the bellhop didnt hear him the first time so he repeated himself and the bellhop keeping his cool just stared at them while he shut the door. Just got me angry. I wanted to do something but what 18-20 year olds are going to listen to a 13 year old?

Oh well just wish people understood that Disney World doesnt revolve around them
    Josh

The happy haunts have received your simpathetic vibrations, and are begining to materialize.They're assembling for a swinging wake,and they will be expecting me.I will see you all a little later

I'm Mister White Christmas
    I'm Mister Snow
    I'm Mister Icicle
    I'm Mister Ten Below
    Friends call me Snow Miser
    What ever I touch
    Turns to snow in my clutch
    I'm too much!

Dragonrider1227 is offline Fastpass Holder
    Quote Originally Posted by GrmGrnningGhost
    for the ToT i experinced was..

We were all in the elevator and our bellhop(who was very good at being spooky) was giving us the safety procedures and when he finished these ignorant persons asked him "Are you always stupid or is it just part of the job" the bellhop didnt hear him the first time so he repeated himself and the bellhop keeping his cool just stared at them while he shut the door. Just got me angry. I wanted to do something but what 18-20 year olds are going to listen to a 13 year old?

Oh well just wish people understood that Disney World doesnt revolve around them
    Yes but rest knowing that they screamed just like the rest of you.

DisneyFREAK91 is offline We go on
    Oh man, I would have shot him. jk
    Remember, Dreams Come True!

dzney4lyf is offline i come with a warning
    Quote Originally Posted by DisneyFREAK91
    My ultimate Pet Peeve. When you're standing in line for whatever ride you want and the person in front of you doesn't move when there is a HUGE gap in front of them.

I practically kick them to move forward.
    yes it may be annoying but, you do realize that this will not get you on the ride any quicker... there will still be the same amount of people in front of you... gaps or no gaps...

my pet peeve.. people standing too close behind you.. get off my back..

MainStreet, USA is offline I'm walking right down the middle of Main Street, USA!
    Southington, CT/Daytona Beach, FL/ Main Street, USA!
    Quote Originally Posted by dzney4lyf
    Yeah... those are the ones who seem to believe that if everyone crowds real close together, the line will actually become shorter. perhaps in length, yes... but certainly not in wait time.
    -Don-
    Your heart can just take wing,
    You can live out all your dreams...
    ...it's time to Remember the Magic!
    Yo Ho, Yo Ho, A Pilot's Life for Me...

uratoon is offline Going back for 5 free days at any Deluxe!!!
    Where the humidity is the same as the temperature!!
    Quote Originally Posted by dzney4lyf
    This makes me want to scream!! When someone does this to us I start making big gaps, just because they seem to be in such a hurry. Face it in Disney in the middle of summer there are all different kinds of smells that I dont want to smell real close. I need my personal space! And come on people, please dont touch me, this includes gitting right up behind me and trying to push me forward. I am more than likely bigger than you are, so I'm not that easy to get out of the way!!

Things I have learned living in ARKANSAS
    1. Possums sleep in the middle of the road with their feet in the air.
    2. There are 5,000 types of snakes and 4,998 live in ARKANSAS.
    3. We have four seasons: Almost Summer, Summer, Still Summer and Christmas.
    4. A carbonated soft drink is not a soda, cola or pop...It's a 'coke' regardless of brand or flavor. Ex...What kind of 'Coke' do you want?
    5. People actually grow and EAT okra!!
    6. Sweet Iced Tea is appropriate for all meals.
    7. You have to switch from 'heat' to A/C in the same day.
    8. All the festivals across the state are named for an animal, insect, grain, vegetable or fruit.
    9. You work until you are done or it's too dark to see.
    10. Everyone can't be an Arkansan: You have to be BRAVE to live here!

Belle1313 is offline When I Wish Upon A Star, I Wish To Go To WDW
    When this kid in my class was bragging that he was going to Disney and said his mom bought a "special thing" that makes it possible to cut the lines!

It's fastpass kid and everyone can do it!

Quote Originally Posted by MainStreet, USA
    Yeah... those are the ones who seem to believe that if everyone crowds real close together, the line will actually become shorter. perhaps in length, yes... but certainly not in wait time.
    I tend to smile like a goon, and loudly ask "Aren't you glad you use DIAL (tm)?" when this happens.

buccool is offline See my avatar. You know you love him
    Oh this is more of a story then a peeve but it still was annoying. Ok some lady was on 1 of those motor wheel chairs, speeding around in a crowd. Well I didnt see that she was behind me, so she says basically yelling: Your lights wasnt on! And I was just confused. LOL its funny now but not when it happened
    Remember without Disneyland there would be no mr.toad FOREVER
    for belle and her fight

Page 12 of 59 FirstFirst ... 2101112131422 ... LastLast