Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Page 14 of 59 FirstFirst ... 4121314151624 ... LastLast
Miscellaneous Discuss Disney Pet Peeves in the News & Rumors forums; I Hate When Parents Let Their Kids Go Around The Parks In Those Hidden Roller Skates Knocking Everyone Down....
    disneyveteran is offline 24 trips to the World and counting
    I Hate When Parents Let Their Kids Go Around The Parks In Those Hidden Roller Skates Knocking Everyone Down.
    TINA

2009 April Boardwalk & Beach Club Villas
    2008 July Polynesian Conceierge
    2008 March Beach Club Villas
    2007 July Contemporary Concierge
    2007 April Grand Floridian Concierge/Beach Club Villas
    2006 July The Villas at the Wilderness Lodge
    2006 April Polynesian Concierge
    2005 Contemporary/Grand Floridian Concierge
    2004 Grand Floridian Concierge
    2003 Polynesian Concierge
    2002 Beach Club Villas
    2001 Polynesian
    2000 Polynesian

mechurchlady is offline My hero is Gurgi who wanted only friends and an apple.
    In the back seat of life or in front of a computer in California.
    There are two things that will ruin a trip to any park even outside Disney.

At Epcot just as I was going over a bridge and heading to Japan there was a humugous herd of people all dressed alike and they owned the park. I yelled in Spanish some things since i had been warned about Brazilians. Them young people were flying out of the way of a fat lady in an ECV yelling is a language similar to their own. These groups from all over the world literally will plow threw your group, run over anything in their way and will do anything to make their life easier at other peoples' expense.

STROLLER, I HATE STROLLERS. How about the father who whipped past me with a kid on his shoulders and was pushing a stroller in DCA. He stops suddenly in front of me and turns in my face and yells right through me to his family that he had left behind.

They leave strollers in door ways, aisles and walk ways. They mow down people and do not seem to care that if a 300 pound man or woman falls backward onto a stroller then the parent will have a tortilla instead of a kid. It hurts when you hit the ground but they do not seem to care. The kids do not want to be rolled through the clothes and get wopped in the face by packages.

My worst parent story is at the tram. I had a Japanese couple and their little daughter right on the line of the tram at DLR. Behind me was a man pushing on me with all his might, he was leaning on me. He had between his chest and my back his little kid who was getting pounded. I yelled in spanish and english to stop pushing but he would not listen. If I had let in to him then I would have shoved the Japanese family in front of a tram. Oh no I smell a third pet peeve coming on, parents who do not treat kids right.

aeronautxearth is offline Meeska, Mouska, Mickey Mouse!
    I don't think you could've said it better!! Especially the part about the foreign groups, no offense to their cultures, but they have been some of the rudest groups I have seen all summer.

Adding on: teens who don't want to be there and go out of there way to look flustered and upset. A prissy, uptight teenage girl sat in front of me in Carousel of Progress and texted seriously the entire attraction. It was only after her dad told her to put it away the THIRD time that she did. The stupid blue glow from the phone ruined it for me
    Tina

tasha36 is offline Dreaming....
    People who shout at their kids. I heard a woman threaten to leave her son behind at the entrance gate cos he didn't want to go on Tower of Terror. He was only about 5 and he looked so scared. She was really yelling at him, saying he was spoiling her trip and stuff.
    I know its easy for me to say as I don't have kids, but its meant to be the happiest place on earth!
    Tasha

1981 - Offsite
    1983 - Offsite
    1987 - Offsite
    1990 - Offsite
    1993 - Offsite
    2002 - All Star Movies
    2006 - Coronado Springs
    2007 - Port Orleans French Quarter
    2013 - Port Orleans French Quarter
    2014 - Whole family trip! (Thanks Dad!)
    2015 - Three trips in a row?? Fingers crossed

tiggerguy is online now one of the good guys
    One thing about Brazillians, they don't speak Spanish, they speak Porteguese
    Brian
    WDWRadio Moderator

My grandmother was the daughter mine owners in Chihuahua, Mexico and could speak spanish, native indian, french and latin. She married a man from the Azores islands who spoke only Portuguese and some english.

The languages are very similar sounding.

I agree with the way people treat kids. A very fat lady at DLR's Alice in Wonderland sat in front of me with her daughter who was about 6 - 8 years old. All through the ride the lady was videotaping while her daughter sat in terror of the dark ride. The fat lady then took her purse, camera bag, video camera, and another bag and left the ride and her daughter behind. I got the kid off the ride and watch as the kid smashed her fingers in the turnstile. Just left the kid there on the ride. Yo lady you got a kid here, you want it?

They do not seem to understand the danger of falling off of a rail onto your head or that the water in the c****s are full of duck doo doo at the c**** boats. They become kids and are into the atmosphere so much that they forget the kids and often granny also.

Walking zombies are annoying also. People too often push themselves to the point that they cry, pout, rage, rant or otherwise are not enjoying the stuff around them. Lines are too long and lets keep going and not stand in line for 10 minutes for soda.

As for foreign guests I have foreign grandparents who learned english. People in Tokyo do not cut in line and people in Bulgaria do not shove and push in line. I can understand third world problems like goosing people, sandwiching a line, and getting way too close for comfort as that is the way they do it there. Being from another culture or country does not give you the right to goose me or cut in line. In another place you do as they do.

sterm26 is offline C-Ticket Holder

Pet peeves

-In-laws who exclaim "You're going there AGAIN?!?!?" when we announce our next trip to WDW.

_Line jumpers....usually teenagers who are on a school/team trip

-People who walk into Le Cellier without an ADR and get upset when they can't be seated

-people who refuse to use deodorant..especially in high summer

-people who just HAVE to grab the apple from the Wicked Witch in the Snow White ride...we've been stuck at least 3 times in that ride because of this

-Living 1000 miles from WDW and not being able to go anytime I want to!
    WDW offsite 1979, '83, '86, '87, '89,' 93

ASMo November 2003 (Love Bug)

Pop Century February 2005 (50's)

Pop Century February 2006 (60's)

Pop Century August 2006 (60's)

Coronado Springs February 2009

Disneyland August 1988 (L.A.)

Disneyland August 2005 (Anaheim Plaza)

"His name's Tron, fights for the Users..."

Quote Originally Posted by disneyveteran
    I Hate When Parents Let Their Kids Go Around The Parks In Those Hidden Roller Skates Knocking Everyone Down.
    LOL!! thats what i have!!! me my sister and my cousins all had them one day at mgm it was soooooo fun!!!! we must've gotton yelled like a million times lol
    Adrien

Your 14 year old disney expert!

If I go crazy, will you still call me superman?

Quote Originally Posted by dznyfreak42
    LOL!! thats what i have!!! me my sister and my cousins all had them one day at mgm it was soooooo fun!!!! we must've gotton yelled like a million times lol
    It wont be fun when a 300 pound lady like me falls on top of you or smashes you to a wall. It is funny to hit and knock people down but trust me on this because I have been thrown to the ground by a running guest, stroller and worst was an ECV. I hurt from those falls, fast moving people scare me and I fear falling and not getting up ever or even dying.

That is my peeve, slow down people and enjoy life.

iwannabeminnie is offline I'm old! I'm like the cryptkeeper!
    That is not even funny.

aeronautxearth is offline Meeska, Mouska, Mickey Mouse!
    Everyone else hates you.
    Tina

princessariel is offline Fastpass Holder
    Parents who DON'T control their kids! That drives me crazy anywhere I go.

People who shove you to get on the transportation to/from the resort before you do.

People who cut lines.

People who get all up in your space while waiting. This is my space people. That's yours!
    Summer '83-Off Site

Dec '95- Shades Of Green

March '03-All Star Movies

March '06-All Star Movies

October '07-POFQ

March '10-POFQ

March '13 POFQ

June '14 POFQ

Nov'14 All Star Sports-F&WF W&D 1/2 Marathon!

MissSparrow is offline Dead Men Tell No Tales
    That's a big pet peeves of mine as well princessariel. Parents who DON'T control their kids! That drives me insane because the kids are just running wild all over the park.
    High School Musical 2
    Did you ever; push away the ones you should've held close.

Walt Disney World
    Where the incredible happens every day.

I have a disintegrating disc and am worse that a horse when it comes to being touched there. Like Princess said it is so bad now that people are inches from you and some times goose you, poke you , and whack your legs with kids and packages. In 1998 I bailed out of the line and over bushes at Dinosaur because the stopped line got so packed you could not breathe or turn.

AnnF is offline D-Ticket Holder
    shoes with wheels aren't allowed at Disney, I really think they should try to enforce that more. I could just see some kid running into me, because he wasn't paying attention.

~Ann
    My Blog
    Join Disney Swaps
    1991-offsite; 1995-Ft.Wilderness; 1998-offsite; 2001-Grosvenor; 06/2001-offsite; 12/01-offsite; 12/02 offsite; 06/03 offsite;12/03 offsite; 12/05-ASMu; 8/06 Pop;*Upcoming 12/06 Pop;03/07 offsite*

Page 14 of 59 FirstFirst ... 4121314151624 ... LastLast