Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Page 2 of 59 FirstFirst 12341252 ... LastLast
Miscellaneous Discuss Disney Pet Peeves in the News & Rumors forums; i have a friend going in March. She keeps saying..."we're not doing all the parks, just DisneyWorld." IT'S THE MAGIC KINGDOM!!!!! ARGH!!!! -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Did they maybe mean they aren't doing ...
    Jennifer2003 is offline B-Ticket Holder
    i have a friend going in March. She keeps saying..."we're not doing all the parks, just DisneyWorld."

IT'S THE MAGIC KINGDOM!!!!! ARGH!!!!
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Did they maybe mean they aren't doing Sea World or Universal, just Disney World? If that's what they mean I would actually give them some medal of honor for being smart first timers .

NO. She's also going to Sea World. She refers to the MK as Disneyworld. GRRR

1HourAway is offline D-Ticket Holder
    I guess I'll chime in here with my pet peeves. I have 2, one we laugh about the other really bothers me, but I'm getting better about it!

1. People that stop in the middle of the sidewalk. Step aside please. Look at your map or talk off to the side. You don't stop in the middle of the road while driving to look at a map - you pull over. Same goes for the sidewalks. This is the one we laugh and joke about.

2. Smokers walking around the parks with lit cigarettes. They make several announcements on the tram into the park that it is a non-smoking park with smoking areas. It is also all over the park guide maps. The people viloating this know this and are just showing their disdain for the rules. I either confront people or rat them out to a CM all the time. Trying to avoid the confrontations now - for safety reasons. No need for anyone to get hurt. lol:angry:

BethBreakey is offline Fastpass Holder
    You know my biggest pet peeve

When people call it the "Tomorrowland Transit Authority" It is called the People Mover!! come on now...

Loric is offline D-Ticket Holder
    Originally posted by BethBreakey

When people call it the "Tomorrowland Transit Authority" It is called the People Mover!! come on now...

Sorry, i'm a fan of the new TTA. "Attention blue-line travelers..."

marty3d is offline Annual Passholder
    Originally posted by BethBreakey

That would be the WEDWay People Mover...

It is truly sad - all of the Breakeys still call it the people mover - and always will!
    even more sad is that it is still one of my mom and I's favorite ride... especially when it is hot.

adambreakey is offline Moderator
    Beth -- would you believe that the TTA (WEDway peoplemover) is one of Amanda's (my 6yr old) favorite rides. She asks to ride it multiple times each time we are there.

My biggest pet peeve: other than CoP and Timekeeper not being year round attractions.... has got to be when people leave trash lying in places only steps from the nearest trash can. Come on people, throw your trash away and keep disney sparkling.

adamb
    To be conscious that you are ignorant is a great step to knowledge.

Xharryb is offline C-Ticket Holder
    hmmmmmmm......

Disney pet peeves?????

how about bad decisions made by corporate management.

but to go along with the things others are saying, I'd say the rude people who seem to think they are better than every other park guest and that they are entitled to some special treatment.

would you believe that the TTA (WEDway peoplemover) is one of Amanda's (my 6yr old) favorite rides. She asks to ride it multiple times each time we are there.
    I am not surprised -- she is a cool kid -- and all the cool kids love the people mover!

angey77 is offline A-Ticket holder
    Oh, this is PERFECT for my first post. I am a fun-loving person who can get along with anyone, but here are some of my peeves:

I can't handle:

Talking during the pre-shows

Keeping crying babies in an attraction instead of walking them out. Same goes for forcing screaming, kicking kids on a ride they don't want to go on.

Not watching where you are going with strollers or any other vehicle on wheels (God gave you a rotating neck for a reason people!)

Holding up my resort bus by running up to it and asking questions not related to where we are going

Not knowing what you want to eat (or just getting to asking your child what they want) when you get to the register at counter service, after you've already been in line 10 minutes

Making comments at me for using FP while you are sitting in stand-by. Look at your map and discover you can use FP too!

WHEW! Don't I feel better!

adambreakey is offline Moderator
    angey77 - I agree! All of those bug me.

The worst is probably the wheeled strollers/objects/whatever that don't pay attention to where they are going and run over people. My daughter (6) got hit by a scooter after SpectroMagic and the guy driving it yelled at my wife and I about us not moving our child out of the way! My wife nearly hit the man.

adamb
    To be conscious that you are ignorant is a great step to knowledge.

tmq2766 is offline A-Ticket holder
    Hi ANGEY77.....
    How about obnoxious children that stand in line and constantly swing the chains, climb the fence and continually bump into you and step all over your feet? GOTTA LOVE IT!!!!!
    Parents that allow their children to abuse characters......
    SK8ers MOM

angey77 is offline A-Ticket holder
    Yay! I got Tina here! Welcome tmq2766!!!

oooh, I have the ultimate peeve...
    People who crowd the entrance of the FP line waiting for their times to come up or just hang out.

tmq2766 is offline A-Ticket holder
    OK OK OK....... How about people who think that going to disney more than once in a lifetime is a waste of money..... I just do not have time for people like that.
    SK8ers MOM

akur is offline 1 hour's drive to WDW.

Red face My pet peeve

Parents with small children in line at HISTA who disregard the advice of the CM that the movie is kind of intense for small children. "Oh, it's okay" they'll say. And when the snake comes out, the kids start screaming and crying and they have to leave.
    Why, oh, why don't they listen?
    Ana The Librarian

I trade books! See my available list at:
    Books available

Have books to trade? Join Paperback Swap

Page 2 of 59 FirstFirst 12341252 ... LastLast