Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Page 3 of 59 FirstFirst 123451353 ... LastLast
Miscellaneous Discuss Disney Pet Peeves in the News & Rumors forums; Talking during the show/ride is annoying. Let people enjoy the magic who are visiting for the first time. And yes, WDW is huge, people just don't understand that 47 square ...
    TrendyMagic is offline On Mars
    Talking during the show/ride is annoying. Let people enjoy the magic who are visiting for the first time.

And yes, WDW is huge, people just don't understand that 47 square miles is a little bigger than the 100+ acres of the Magic Kingdom. Disney has tons more stuff than anyone else. Heard a cast member trying to explain to a guest this am at Epcot that they were in Disney (at Epcot) and were really looking for the Magic Kingdom ("Disney").

Jennifer2003 is offline B-Ticket Holder
    OH GOODNESS! LOL
    Love the people in Epcot looking for Disney...how classic! :mickey:

tmq2766 is offline A-Ticket holder
    My daughter "9" and I were at the AK and coming upon the Tree of Life when we could hear this guy who was one of those people who think they are a Disney expert. Well we could hear him talking to the people he was with telling them that straight ahead is the "Living Tree". I looked at my daughter and said "As opposed to the dead tree" HA That was early in the trip so for the rest of our vacation we would look at each other and go "hey do you know where the Living Tree is'?
    SK8ers MOM

Quote Originally Posted by tmq2766
    hear this guy who was one of those people who think they are a Disney expert.
    Understand that. You also can tell when the last time these -experts- were here and how much the check on Disney. In line at M:S today and heard one of these experts tell his family that the ToT only drops you once. HA! Won't they be in for a surprise! Sometimes I wish I had a rubber mallet to knock some of these people up side the head once or twice.

Xharryb is offline C-Ticket Holder
    have to fight hard to resist the urge to correct some of these people, but I know it would only give me a headache to try.
    This space designated as a DRAMA FREE ZONE

Angry

This happened to me last night...i cut and paste this from another board I frequent:

Last night, DH and I ran to Barnes & Noble in search for another WDW book. (Like I don't have enough! ) I saw two books that were highly interesting...one said all this great stuff about "luxury" tips and such for Walt Disney World all over the front and back covers. So I started to flip thru it only to find that WDW also included US and USIOA!!! Put that book down , picked up another one and the spine said WDW Guide, the back said something about learning all the WDW secrets, tips...included...listed all 4 Disney parks & US, USIOA, and Sea World!!!

I'm sorry...if you are going to publish a book, do your homework first! I would have been fine if the titles said the other parks were included in the books as others do (Fodors, The Everything Guide) but the titles of the two books really made it seem like US and USIOA were a part of WDW!!

I don't have anything against US! Been there once, thought it was cool, might go again. There is nothing for me to do at USIOA so I probably will never go there. I just don't like people being misinformed about the MOST MAGICAL PLACE IN THE WORLD!!!

sigh

I'll be alright. Just needed to get it off my chest.

Quote Originally Posted by Jennifer2003
    I just don't like people being misinformed about the MOST MAGICAL PLACE IN THE WORLD!!!

I'll be alright. Just needed to get it off my chest.
    I do agree with ya. Even the TV Guide sometimes drives me nuts. The show description will say Disney World, but gives no useful info at all about Disney. One show "Behind the scenes of Universal Orlando" was given this general description by TV Guide, A look behind the scenes at Orlando's most famous parks, including Islands od Adventure and the Magic Kingdom.

TV Guide also can not spell many things related to Disney. The only saving grace they have about that is that I wrote them about the correct spelling and they changed in the the main database, they would not change the description.

Lou Mongello is offline Lou Mongello (AKQJ10) - WDW Trivia Book Author and Site Owner/Admin
    Jennifer...

Great minds think alike... I, too, was in B&N last night, also checking the WDW travel books (for slightly different reasons)

I have to agree with you about the guidebooks - many use "Walt Disney World" on the cover to attract readers, yet fill the books with other venues, downtown Orlando restaurants (does anyone ever go?), etc. I know that my publisher puts out a few WDW and Orlando books, but they are quite specific as to what they cover. For example, the "Hassle Free Walt Disney World" is just about WDW, while the "Other Orlando" covers everything else. I don't think the two should necessarily be mixed in the same book.

If you are referring to Cara Goldsbury's "Luxury Guide" book - she does devote the last 1/4 of the book to Universal, Sea World, etc. I also noticed afew new books (including one or two "self-published" ones) that also follow the same format.

Part of the reason I think is that you wouldn't be able to publish (or sell) a guide book just about US, for example. I just don't think there's enough there. But I'm with you... if I want a book on WDW, you can feel free to leave the other stuff out.

(BTW, I can assure you all that there are only about 250 Universal Studios questions in my book. KIDDING!! - Nothing but WDW, I promise!)
    Lou Mongello
    Host, Author & Site Owner
    AKQJ10 >: 4 8 15 16 23 42

YAY! Great minds do think alike! Glad to see this doesn't just bother me!

Jennifer

LilMarcieMouse is offline B-Ticket Holder
    Just add me to the List of ones who hate it when MK is refurded to as WDW.
    "You're dead if you aim only for kids. Adults are only kids grown up, anyway." Walt Disney

Xharryb is offline C-Ticket Holder
    I have a new one... when my significant other and I talk for a week or more about how we're gonna drive over for a WDW day on a given day or weekend, and then when the time actually comes, plans change. sometimes there is a good reason for the change, but i just hate getting psyched up for a day at the parks and then not getting it.
    This space designated as a DRAMA FREE ZONE

judycats is offline D-Ticket Holder
    the last time we were there, i just remember it being SO hot and most of the lines were outside, so i think they should cover a lot of the line areas thet are outside. Also, without sounding prejudiced, there were like hundreds of kids and adults with orange shirts on and flags who were being really loud and obnoxious and cutting in line, and ebing very rude. I don't know where they were from, and i know that you can't and shouldn't try to ban any group of people, but they were out of control and were even a little frightening to some of the young kids we were with

NORMNB8S is offline And they call him Sandy Claws
    I concur with marty on the cursing one. Now, I'm 22 and I admit that sometimes I curse like a sailor. But only when I'm with my friends. When I'm in public (especially Disney) I am the first one to smack the mess out of someone who curses.

I also hate people who have some smart-alec comment to make as I walk by them on fastpass. You can use it too!

I have a pet peeve about people standing too close to me too. We're in line, it's crowded. I understand that. But people that just have to stand right on top of me drive me insane. And that's anywhere I go. I don't ask for much personal space, but I want some!

That's about it for now I think....we'll see if any more pop into my head.
    Engaged to a wonderful woman on 12-12-08 at the Magic Kingdom!

Pop Century - August 2005
    Caribbean Beach - December 2008

Sam I Am is offline L'Originale - Keeping you behind the rope
    I hate it(*) when people come up to me and start asking me questions, directions, and so on.

Do I look like a CM? Am I wearing a nametag? Are you paying me to be here?

(*) Well, not really. Only when I'm in a rush or something. Otherwise, I think it's funny.

Funny note related to that. Last week I was in MK at the ice cream cart outside Philharmagic waiting for Wishes to start. I was using the cart for my camera and several guest walked up before the show ans asked what ice cream I had left. Made me laugh.

Page 3 of 59 FirstFirst 123451353 ... LastLast