Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Page 49 of 59 FirstFirst ... 394748495051 ... LastLast
Miscellaneous Discuss Disney Pet Peeves in the News & Rumors forums; I think they got suspened when they got back to school. Some kids shop-lifted on by brother's class field to EPCOT in middle school and they said they didn't do ...
    disney_freak is offline is supercalifragilisticexpia lidocious

Re: Disney Pet Peeves

I think they got suspened when they got back to school.

Some kids shop-lifted on by brother's class field to EPCOT in middle school and they said they didn't do it. so the security told the teacher they would look at the tape and get back to them... and guess what... they DID shop-lift so they got suspended for like a month.

though I have to admit I have used that parent excuse before but never at disney. and it was on a school trip.
    Faith is my name, disney is my...obsession

Since Pluto is no longer a planet. I think Mickey should be the new one.

Tim
    Tim is offline D-Ticket Holder

Quote Originally Posted by dzneynut View Post
    Does anybody else have any pet peeves when it comes to all things Disney?
    I do! I know it's my ****-retentive side, but it bugs me when people misspell or mislabel Disney attractions or restaurants or other locations.
    For example, people are always referring to the castle at WDW as Cinderella's Castle. It isn't her castle, it's Cinderella Castle! Another one that always irritates me is O'hanas! It's 'Ohana. I don't think you're going to find too many polynesian themed restaurants with an Irish name!
    It's hard not to correct these mistakes when you see them, but I usually refrain. What about everyone else, do you have a pet peeve when it comes to Disney, or do you have any other examples of what I'm talking about? Or, am I the only one?
    I also loathe grammatical errors. The lost art of writing. It's kind of depressing.
    Tim

Quote Originally Posted by Tim View Post
    I also loathe grammatical errors. The lost art of writing. It's kind of depressing.
    you really shouldn't be mad when people spell things wrong...

Some people can't spell. Some people have a disability that makes it hard for them to spell words, like me.

It's ok if people can't spell as long as they don't just Text talk.

DopeyDancer87 is offline Disney Obsessed Since 1988 :-)

Quote Originally Posted by disney_freak View Post
    you really shouldn't be mad when people spell things wrong...

Some people can't spell. Some people have a disability that makes it hard for them to spell words, like me.

It's ok if people can't spell as long as they don't just Text talk.

I understand learning disabilities, I am a school counseling major and I know that there are special circumstances for everything. However, when English id you first language and you are just out right lazy about learning how to spell, or you RitE LyK DiS CoS Yo PeePs Do, it drives me insane and truly makes me worry about the direction this country will head in the future if people like this are running the world. Read a book, stop playing video games and expand your mind a little.
    "It's kind of fun to do the impossible." - Walt Disney

"Adults are just grown up kids, anyway." -Walt Disney

(((Por favor mantangense alejado de las puertas )))

*My Visits*
    1988 - Polynesian Resort*1991- Port Orleans*1992- Port Orleans*1994- Wilderness Lodge*1995- Caribbean Beach*1997- Boardwalk*1998- Old Key West*1999- All- Star Movies*2000- Wilderness Lodge*2000- Caribbean Beach*2001- Wilderness Lodge*2001- Port Orleans Riverside*2001- Coronado Springs*2002 - Boardwalk*2003 - Contemporary*2003 - Caribbean Beach*2003 - All Star Sports & Music*2004- Grand Californian (DL)*2004 - Boardwalk*2005 - Boardwalk*2006 - Wilderness Lodge*2007- Boardwalk*2007 - Wilderness Lodge*2008 - Saratoga Springs*2009 - Off Site*2011 - Bay Lake Tower/Boardwalk Villas*February, 2012 - POFQ

Keasmom is offline DisneyWorldTrivia.com Lifetime Pass

I cannot stand to be in the parks and have some Dufus yapping about how Walt and Roy are buried under the HM, and just making up ridiculous stories to try and impress his family.
    P.U.S.H.-A mantra MOST will not understand.

Disney rocks, Walt was a genius.

edwardsfire is offline C-Ticket Holder

Quote Originally Posted by DopeyDancer87 View Post
    I understand learning disabilities, I am a school counseling major and I know that there are special circumstances for everything. However, when English id you first language and you are just out right lazy about learning how to spell, or you RitE LyK DiS CoS Yo PeePs Do, it drives me insane and truly makes me worry about the direction this country will head in the future if people like this are running the world. Read a book, stop playing video games and expand your mind a little.
    yawn...........
    Last edited by edwardsfire; 09-02-2009 at 02:42 PM.

04CP_ Nolan is offline Dole Float + POTC= Good Day

Quote Originally Posted by Keasmom View Post
    I cannot stand to be in the parks and have some Dufus yapping about how Walt and Roy are buried under the HM, and just making up ridiculous stories to try and impress his family.
    i agree, i hate when i do that too.
    sorry had to do it.

my pet peeve is the kids that knowingly act like idiots and use language around small kids, just because they think they can.

Quote Originally Posted by 04CP_ Nolan View Post
    i agree, i hate when i do that too.
    sorry had to do it.

my pet peeve is the kids that knowingly act like idiots and use language around small kids, just because they think they can.
    I agree on both. I hate when people say Walt is frozen and it's worse when they name a ride. I just ask "In which park? There that ride in all the parks around the world" and they just

as for the other one about the language. I admit I'm a kid that uses language. But I am teaching my self to not say the world so that when I go to disney and hopfully work there I don't have to worry about it.
    I make subtitute word (fraggle, shniz, ect)

talfonso is offline A-Ticket holder

Quote Originally Posted by marty3d View Post
    "i love Disneyland" - DL is in California (I should know - i grew up there), this is Florida!! It's called Walt Disney WORLD!!
    I'll drink lemonade to that, mate!
    Flexible Disney -
    The Blog for Walt Disney World-Crazed Disneyphiles

http://flexibledisney.com

To Date: 1991
    (PO?); 1994 (DL/PORS);1995, 1996 (x2), 1997, 1998, 1999, 2003 (x2) 2005
    (x2), 2006 (x2), 2007 (x2) 2008-2009 (x7) - all offsite

Quote Originally Posted by talfonso View Post
    I'll drink lemonade to that, mate!
    No what's worse is when they say they like Disneyland in centeral florida and I tell them Disneyland is in Cali and Disney World is here in Florida and then they have the nerve to say "What's the difference. they're the same park right?" or "Disneyland is the originial so it's bigger right?"

Dudes which is bigger a LAND or a WORLD? common on people

Here's One I Should Add

My relatives from Seattle went to the MK a few months ago, during the dreaded-as-heck South Ameircan tour group season - one of my cousins complained about stopping her car for a picture from my uncle at the Tomorrowland Indy Speedway, and that other car was to bump into them (a big no-no, by the way). That family of, like, six was doing the same thing on the same ride when I rode it earlier today - taking pictures in the middle of the ride. I had to constantly slow down for them or else I'll bump into them! Hey - move it, fellas!
    Flexible Disney -

Quote Originally Posted by Jennifer2003 View Post
    This happened to me last night...i cut and paste this from another board I frequent:

Last night, DH and I ran to Barnes & Noble in search for another WDW book. (Like I don't have enough! ) I saw two books that were highly interesting...one said all this great stuff about "luxury" tips and such for Walt Disney World all over the front and back covers. So I started to flip thru it only to find that WDW also included US and USIOA!!! Put that book down , picked up another one and the spine said WDW Guide, the back said something about learning all the WDW secrets, tips...included...listed all 4 Disney parks & US, USIOA, and Sea World!!!

I'm sorry...if you are going to publish a book, do your homework first! I would have been fine if the titles said the other parks were included in the books as others do (Fodors, The Everything Guide) but the titles of the two books really made it seem like US and USIOA were a part of WDW!!

I don't have anything against US! Been there once, thought it was cool, might go again. There is nothing for me to do at USIOA so I probably will never go there. I just don't like people being misinformed about the MOST MAGICAL PLACE IN THE WORLD!!!

sigh

I'll be alright. Just needed to get it off my chest.
    I heard you, lady! That's why I dig Birnbaum's Guides - no *** Sea World, ***Universal Studios, *** Islands of Adventure, and all that *** malarkey, just pure Disney! Besides, the Mouse publishes those books - go figure!
    Last edited by tiggerguy; 09-21-2009 at 12:32 PM. Reason: implied vulgarity is still not suited for this site offensive words removed
    Flexible Disney -

Quote Originally Posted by MickeyBabe View Post
    My all time number one pet peeve is the Universal Commercial that ends with "Fairytales and Pixie dust aren't quite your thing?"..... AGH!!!!!!!!

I have never been to Universal, and I understand that some people might actually find something there to enjoy, (not that there's anything wrong with that) but....Why does Universal feel the need to slam Disney?????

They should actually be grateful to Disney for setting an example of what a theme park should be.

Now I have raised my children right. Little Disney children who will grow into proper Disney adults. My DD can't believe that anyone would ever choose Universal over Disney, let alone visit the state of Florida without going to Disney.
    I occasionally go to UO (for HHN, and those other circumstances), and I agree with you about UO's remarks against Disney!
    Flexible Disney -

Quote Originally Posted by Lou Mongello View Post
    Brazilian (no offense here... put in your nation of choice) groups of 400 kids all in ornage shirts screaming, pushing, yelling, singing, acting rowdy and rude, and following the lady with the flag... (right out the entrance would be fine with me)
    Don't forget the *** Argentinians, like the groups Inside Magic, Free Way, and La Adventura Magica!
    Last edited by tiggerguy; 09-21-2009 at 12:32 PM. Reason: implied vulgarity notsuited for this site. offensive word removed
    Flexible Disney -

Ok I have posted like 3 times just this night but still I have a lot of Disney Peeves:

I don't mind if you like IOA or US or even that Halloween Horror Night thing (which I don't get why you wanna get scared out of your mind) but if you like those things then just shut your mouth about Disney. Don't try to tell me that Disney is for babies and IOA is so-called "Better" you have your feeling about places and I have mine. If you don't talk smack about Disney then I won't talk smack about those other Parks.

p.s I always bring up Disney was the first Theme park and the other parks should be grateful. ^_^

Page 49 of 59 FirstFirst ... 394748495051 ... LastLast