Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Page 5 of 59 FirstFirst ... 345671555 ... LastLast
Miscellaneous Discuss Disney Pet Peeves in the News & Rumors forums; The thing I hate the most, which is common at most themeparks, is when one or two people are in front of you in the queue, and then it turns ...
    20K is offline Brought to you by Dock Thrust
    The thing I hate the most, which is common at most themeparks, is when one or two people are in front of you in the queue, and then it turns out they have been 'saving a place for somebody', with the somebody turning out to be about 15 other people.

Fun...fun...fun...well, just me I suppose...
    Last edited by 20K; 06-18-2004 at 05:44 PM.

"I really hope that people won't cherry-pick my quotes in the future
    and use them out of context to justify things that I would never sign-off on."

- Walt Disney

Granny is offline C-Ticket Holder
    20K...nope, not just you. Same thing goes for the one person who "saves" a parade watching spot for 20 people!!!

Then of course, there's the now famous story of the woman and the chalk circle. But that may be for another thread.
    Granny (Yep, I really am a guy)

Lou Mongello is offline Lou Mongello (AKQJ10) - WDW Trivia Book Author and Site Owner/Admin
    Brazilian (no offense here... put in your nation of choice) groups of 400 kids all in ornage shirts screaming, pushing, yelling, singing, acting rowdy and rude, and following the lady with the flag... (right out the entrance would be fine with me)
    Lou Mongello
    Host, Author & Site Owner
    AKQJ10 >: 4 8 15 16 23 42

MickeyBabe is offline Lady Administrator..................... Sassy but Humble Parks Game Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Goofy Guy
    Then of course, there's the now famous story of the woman and the chalk circle. But that may be for another thread.
    Tell us more... tell us more.... oh wise one.

~ Valerie
    WDWRadio.com Senior Staff - Site Administrator
    *)
    ..*) .*)
    (. (. * Faith Trust and Pixie Dust*

I'm a first day D23 Charter Member!

One man's Trivia is another man's Wisdom

NORMNB8S is offline And they call him Sandy Claws
    Quote Originally Posted by AKQJ10
    Brazilian (no offense here... put in your nation of choice) groups of 400 kids all in ornage shirts screaming, pushing, yelling, singing, acting rowdy and rude, and following the lady with the flag... (right out the entrance would be fine with me)
    I remember my trip back in 2000 with a friend of mine as sort of a graduation present to ourselves. There were about 50 groups of people just like that and they got on my last nerve! So, I'm with you Lou!
    Engaged to a wonderful woman on 12-12-08 at the Magic Kingdom!

Pop Century - August 2005
    Caribbean Beach - December 2008

Parkhopper is offline A-Ticket holder
    There will always be some annoying things and people when visiting WDW, and a lot of them have been mentioned here, but my biggest pet peeve is when I get to the end of my visit there and I have to go home! LOL

Lou Mongello is offline Lou Mongello (AKQJ10) - WDW Trivia Book Author and Site Owner/Admin
    Quote Originally Posted by Parkhopper
    biggest pet peeve is when I get to the end of my visit there and I have to go home!
    You said it!!!
    Lou Mongello
    Host, Author & Site Owner
    AKQJ10 >: 4 8 15 16 23 42

judycats is offline D-Ticket Holder
    the thing i hate most is how long i have to wait before i can go!! (and how long in between my trips there)

4Mickey is offline "But why is the Rum gone?"
    I really hope I don't make anyone angry, but I really hate it when I see a mom trucking her newborn around in the southern florida heat! Hello?! Why would you do that? Leave them at home w/ the grand parents!
    Also- even though it's been said already...- Cussing & smoking! I've gone up to people & asked them to please not cuss- Hello? It's Disney World. I've also let people know where the smoking sections were & weren't!
    I guess that's all & I also guess it's worth it!
    "What ARRRRGH you doing?"

"What are you doing?"
    "No, What ARRRRGH you doing?"
    Cap'n Jack lives again!
    "I'll try anything once or twice, that's the kind of mouse I am"

Keasmom is offline DisneyWorldTrivia.com Lifetime Pass
    People who stop in the middle of the flow of traffic to read their map.

People who stand in line, eat, talk on the phone, gripe loudly, and call all 40 of their closest relatives to join them when at the front of the line, shoving everyone else back for quit a ways. Yes, I really hate this and think it is heinous, rude, wrong, loathsome and disrespectful. A couple of folks, fine, small children-thank you, but grownups who wanted to shop?

Anyone who changes a diaper, in line and lays it down and leaves it for everyone else to deal with.

Parent who allow their children to eat in the stores and touch the merchandise with their sticky hands oblivious to the destruction.

Gum stuck in anything but a rubbish bin.

Anyone who is rude and snotty to the cast members, characters, vendors and other guests. (Smug, superior people just need a clue)

Shall I continue?

Just kidding, venting is really great therapy, let's do this more often. I feel better.

disneyveteran is offline 24 trips to the World and counting

Here's one....

This year on our annual trip we finally got that perfect spot underneath Tink's flight at the fireworks. We were leaning up against the railing, 3 adults, 3 little ones in strollers. People were actually climbing the railing and using my kids strollers as support. When one guy dropped a bottle of water on my 5 year olds head, I lost it. Mind you, I didn't start swearing, but I was loud enough for the nearest CM to hear me. The CM stayed with us till the end of the fireworks. By this time there were 10 - 15 CMs standing around the rose garden. The cast member helped us get to Main Street without getting trampled. The people in the rose garden, well the CMs made them stay there until the area was clear and they got a stern talking to about manners and your behavior in Mickeys house.

My other pet peeve....people who use their strollers as battering rams. Come on, you don't have a kid in there!
    TINA

2009 April Boardwalk & Beach Club Villas
    2008 July Polynesian Conceierge
    2008 March Beach Club Villas
    2007 July Contemporary Concierge
    2007 April Grand Floridian Concierge/Beach Club Villas
    2006 July The Villas at the Wilderness Lodge
    2006 April Polynesian Concierge
    2005 Contemporary/Grand Floridian Concierge
    2004 Grand Floridian Concierge
    2003 Polynesian Concierge
    2002 Beach Club Villas
    2001 Polynesian
    2000 Polynesian

The_Heat is offline Scourge of Lake Superior
    I have a pet peeve that they aren't putting Robin Hood world in Kingdom Hearts 2..........

edit: Scratch that, my pet peeve is that they don't give some of their movies the attention that they deserve......like Robin Hood, or the Black Cauldron
    All the people will look up and shout: "Save us!" and I'll whisper...'no'.

Who watches the watchmen?

GirlStar613 is offline Queen of Couture
    i def have a pet peeve about sticky little fingers on merchandise and people who just throw shirts around off the racks and leave them on the floor...i work in retail and i have had to refold, mark out of stock damaged items, and deal with these types of problems...believe me it is no fun...i mean, you wouldn't treat your friends clothes like that so why do it do Mickey's??

i am also in agreement with the strollers/battering rams, i was once practically run over by one with no sorry and i turned around and said "well excuse you" and just got a dirty look...hey man you ran over my foot(there wasn't even a child in the stroller)...
    Erica

"There's a great big beautiful tomorrow, shining at the end of everyday. There's a great big beautiful tomorrow, just a dream away!"

When I grow up I wanna be a Disney

SecondStar is offline Why is the rum gone?!?!
    I agree, I can NOT deal with people who let their children do whatever they want in line. Kids who are so close to you, other people might think you gave birth to them yourself. And sometimes, you start to think that yourself. Children who are backed up against your butt, basically leaning on you (oh how I love it when they do this right after they've been on Kali River Rapids or Splash Mountain) and stepping all over your feet in line.

Oh, and there are certain ethnic groups whom I assume it it against their beliefs to use deoderant... Atleast that's how it seems when you're closed up with them in certain areas. Like AE/SGE... ack. I don't understand how the other people they are with can not smell it... are they just used to the smell because they ALL don't use deoderant, or what?
    : Stephanie:

this is what dreams are made of

shadesofgreen is offline I can write whatever I want up here now? Cool!
    1. People who come to WDW then expect us at guest services to plan a week for them with nothing to with Disney! Why did you come here?!
    2. People who come to WDW and have not even laid out a rough plan of what they want to do. . . . they have no clue that there is anything but 'Disneyland'. They come to me and ask "what is there to do here at Disneyland?" with confused looks on their faces.
    3. People who bring their infants to WDW. . . . why can't they wait until the kid can enjoy it? The Florida sun can make a grown person weak, those poor kids!
    What I say 100 times each day:
    "It's not a Disney Resort even though it's on Disney property!"

Page 5 of 59 FirstFirst ... 345671555 ... LastLast