Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Page 52 of 59 FirstFirst ... 2425051525354 ... LastLast
Miscellaneous Discuss Disney Pet Peeves in the News & Rumors forums; Does anyone have any pet peeves about the parks and if so what are they? For me I would have to say parents reserving places for the parades with their ...
    petals3485 is offline Annual Passholder

Pet Peeves

Does anyone have any pet peeves about the parks and if so what are they?

For me I would have to say parents reserving places for the parades with their strollers! Noticed this the last time I was there especially in Disney's Hollywood Studios parents left their strollers in a good viewing spot for the parade and went off to a shop or something else and came back at the start of the parade to sit in the spot their stroller was. I don't think it's fair though

Major Dude is offline C-Ticket Holder

Re: Pet Peeves

Quote Originally Posted by petals3485 View Post
    For me I would have to say parents reserving places for the parades with their strollers! Noticed this the last time I was there especially in Disney's Hollywood Studios parents left their strollers in a good viewing spot for the parade and went off to a shop or something else and came back at the start of the parade to sit in the spot their stroller was. I don't think it's fair though
    Well everyone knows stroller = parade spot fastpass

I don't really have a pet peeve but I do avoid Mouse Gear in Epcot. That store isn't exactly smell-o-rific.
    BareFozzie in the box

Veritas is offline Real Men Dig the Mouse

Re: Disney Pet Peeves

This might seem a litle odd as a pet peeve, more of a question really but could be a peeve, Why does every other Magic Kindom Park (MK in FL, DL, Paris, and Hong Kong) have a Mainstreet USA, but Magic Kingdom in Toyko has a World Bazaar/Market instead?
    Veri S&B LLC WHAFTFCOL

SITTM, No Retreat, No Surrender!

Our Highly Trained Experts Are Always Prepared To "Assist" You.

Mike M is offline A-Ticket holder

One of my few Pet Peeves with Disney is knowing where the viewing line is for a parade, so you go stand there to get a good spot but then people come along and stand in front of you. The Cast Members will then simply come along and "push everybody back"; effectively rewarding those who stood where they were not supposed to be. This has happened to us several times. So the best way to get a good view of the parade is simply to stand in the middle of the street until the cast members push everybody else back and give you the front line view. I have actually seen people almost come to blows over this.

It is also irritating to be in EPCOT and try to pick out a good place to view Illuminations. More then once we have done that, only to have Cast Members come by and ask us to leave because that spot is reserved for "preferred guest" and that did not include us. Sometimes they are actually quite rude about it. Seems that anything/everything is for sale in Disney if you have enough money to throw at them. While I overall love Disney, I do not think Walt would be too happy with some of what goes on at Disney World today and there is certainly room for improvement.

Thanks. Mike M

ME-MM1928 is offline A-Ticket holder

Heelies!!
    [link=http://www.myvacationcountdown.com/][img noborder]http://www.myvacationcountdown.com/tickers/o49xarwvrilc9y0b.png[/img][/link]

edwardsfire is offline C-Ticket Holder

I actually dont have an issue with say...DAD saving an area for the other 3 members.....BUT, i DO have an issue with the person that thinks its a good idea to simply sit down IN FRONT of my family. I simply wont allow it.
    I have successfully removed 3 familes trying to do this....2 by telling a Castmember or security...they had them move. The other time the family actually understood my point and politely left.

edwardsfire is offline C-Ticket Holder

Quote Originally Posted by Spodie View Post
    I've always wondered why people do that. It's not like getting six inches closer will get you on the ride any faster.
    One word.....ELBOW. and it does work!!!
    A discreet good bump usually does the trick.

petals3485 is offline Annual Passholder

lol regarding the stroller we actually just sat in front of it cos it was there half and hour or more and no sign of the owners coming back. i dont' think anyone should be allowed do that regardless of it being disney or any other park.

mrwdwfan is offline A-Ticket holder

People who say Disney world instead of "WALT Disney World"
    <Ultimate Disney Geek>

DopeyDancer87 is offline Disney Obsessed Since 1988 :-)

I HATE people who try to cut the line as though you are not going to notice...I was in line for Soarin' (90 minute wait no less) and the family behind us were scheming on how to pass through the crowd while no one was looking (because everyone was using the big screens and playing a game). I shot the mother the best dirty look I could, and as her husband tried to start walking behind everyone, I walked backwards so he bumped right into me. Sorry guy, your family isn't any more special than the rest, wait your turn.
    "It's kind of fun to do the impossible." - Walt Disney

"Adults are just grown up kids, anyway." -Walt Disney

(((Por favor mantangense alejado de las puertas )))

*My Visits*
    1988 - Polynesian Resort*1991- Port Orleans*1992- Port Orleans*1994- Wilderness Lodge*1995- Caribbean Beach*1997- Boardwalk*1998- Old Key West*1999- All- Star Movies*2000- Wilderness Lodge*2000- Caribbean Beach*2001- Wilderness Lodge*2001- Port Orleans Riverside*2001- Coronado Springs*2002 - Boardwalk*2003 - Contemporary*2003 - Caribbean Beach*2003 - All Star Sports & Music*2004- Grand Californian (DL)*2004 - Boardwalk*2005 - Boardwalk*2006 - Wilderness Lodge*2007- Boardwalk*2007 - Wilderness Lodge*2008 - Saratoga Springs*2009 - Off Site*2011 - Bay Lake Tower/Boardwalk Villas*February, 2012 - POFQ

Mr. Tom Morrow is offline C-Ticket Holder

I can't relate to the parade stuff because I haven't stopped to check it out in so long. I always find the parade to be a good time to get on splash mountain. When I have kids though I'm sure I'll find out what your all talking about.
    My biggest pet peeves are when you get into a waiting room and as soon as the door opens everyone just piles through and pushes around everyone. I also hate when your at a show and they tell everyone to move all the way to the end and they just sit in the middle. They think they are so clever by pushing everyone out of the way to get into the theater first then they have to go all the way to the end.
    I also hate it when people litter. I get so mad when I see empty food containers sitting places where they don't belong.

Beeker is offline A-Ticket holder

I have so many pet peeves I could open a peeve zoo.

One of my biggest irritations of all time at Disney is overuse of profanity. I don't think it occurs a lot, but every so often you'll get the one mook with his cell phone or his buddies just going OFF about something. "So then I told the *** to ***ing *** off, ***. You ***ing know what the *** I'm ***ing talking about?" Okay, it's never THAT bad, but still. This is a family related amusement/theme park. If you're so angry/edgy/jerky that you have to talk like that, is it really worth it to come?
    Meep? Meep mee mee meep. Mi mee meep. Meeeep!

Ominusrex is offline B-Ticket Holder

My only Pet Peeve is that i'm 43 and i have never been to WDW (waits for every one to regain conciousness) "Yeah i know"
    But working on rectifying , so yay !

prickle is offline Fastpass Holder

A pet peeve of mine is when I see a family doing things the grown-ups want to do and they skip the things their kids have requested.

mmouse6937 is offline C-Ticket Holder

I guess to go along with the parade thing it somewhat irritates me when parents think it's ok to let their children sit in front of me. If they were to ask it would be one thing, and I have turned around and saw a child behind me and asked if they wanted to move up to see, but to just assume that it's ok irritates me. Most of the time these people come right before the parade and just think that I'm going to give someone in their family a better view. I guess I just like to be asked or to offer.
    Sarah

76-84 Two Trips as a Child, '00 Best Western LBV, '01 Best Western LBV, '02 Polynesian (OUR DISNEYMOON!!), '03 CBR, '05 CBR, '06 DisneyLand, '07 POR, 09/08 CBR, 12/08 BC, 09/09 BW, 03/10 POP, 12/10 POP, 11/12 Dream Cruise 2.0

My babies: Nala, Scooter, Pinto, Minnie, Daisy, Dory, and George

"Saving one animal will not change the world, but surely for that one animal the world will change forever"

Page 52 of 59 FirstFirst ... 2425051525354 ... LastLast