Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Page 53 of 59 FirstFirst ... 3435152535455 ... LastLast
Miscellaneous Discuss Disney Pet Peeves in the News & Rumors forums; Originally Posted by mrwdwfan People who say Disney world instead of "WALT Disney World" I can't think of a time when I've ever referred to it as Walt Disney World ...
    supernova is offline Premium Annual Passholder

Re: Disney Pet Peeves

Quote Originally Posted by mrwdwfan View Post
    People who say Disney world instead of "WALT Disney World"
    I can't think of a time when I've ever referred to it as Walt Disney World in conversation.
    Please visit my new DISNEY AUTOGRAPH website to check out my autograph collection!
    www.autographshowcase.com/disney

Really Walt? Disneyland is MY land? Why would I want a silly little land when I can have the WORLD.

WDW4Ever is offline Annual Passholder

All the different "correct" ways to spell Walt Disney World and Disneyland... i.e. Disney Land, DisneyLand, Disneyworld, WaltDisneyWorld
    "If you can dream it you can do it."
    -Tom Fitzgerald
    D23 Charter Member

zippitydoodah is offline Annual Passholder

Quote Originally Posted by supernova View Post
    I can't think of a time when I've ever referred to it as Walt Disney World in conversation.
    I thought the same thing too when I read that... usually the people that say Walt Disney World are newbies

Mr. Tom Morrow is offline C-Ticket Holder

Quote Originally Posted by supernova View Post
    Seems like some people may be too picky in what we call things. Cinderella Castle is just known as the castle to me, the tea cups are just the tea cups, Peter Pan's Flight is just Peter Pan and so on. I'll admit that if someone started calling The Tower of Terror the elevator ride I might be annoyed but it is what it is.

lexitink is offline A-Ticket holder

People who come lik 2 mins before a parade or fireworks start and try to sit right in the front or sit on top of yu!!!!! I hate it! And then get mad when they cant see ...Sorryy ive been sittting here for like 2 hours!
    Last edited by lexitink; 07-16-2010 at 12:56 PM.
    All it takes is faith and trust. Oh! And something I forgot......just a little bit of pixie dust

zippitydoodah is offline Annual Passholder

Quote Originally Posted by lexitink View Post
    People who come lik 2 mins before a parade or fireworks start and try to sit right in the front or sit on top of yu!!!!! I hate it! And then get mad when they cant see ...Sorryy ive been sittting here for like 2 hours!
    Agreed. Or people who go early (and therefore are in front of me, rightly so), but who park their strollers right in front, and then when the parade starts stand their kids up ON the strollers and they themselves stand up, instead of sitting on the curb (and yet not letting other kids sit on the curb in front of them). That one has maybe already been discussed on here, but grrr it makes me mad.

iheartdisney01 is offline C-Ticket Holder

i hate when ppl say o lets go on the tower of TEArror! GOSH! its terror not tearrorr! gahhh!
    Just Keep Swimming

My Disney Vacations...
    2001-Animal Kingdom Lodge
    2002-Animal Kingdom Lodge
    2003-Beach Club
    2004-Beach Club
    2005-Beach Club
    2006-Beach Club
    2006(again)-Beach Club
    2007-Beach Club
    2008-Beach Club
    2009-Port Orleans Riverside Magnolia Bend
    2010(next vacation!)-Port Orleans Riverside Magnolia Bend

iheartdisney01

iheartdisney01 is offline C-Ticket Holder

Re: Pet Peeves

Quote Originally Posted by Major Dude View Post
    Well everyone knows stroller = parade spot fastpass

I don't really have a pet peeve but I do avoid Mouse Gear in Epcot. That store isn't exactly smell-o-rific.

Finally! Someone agrees with me that Mouse Gears is REVOLTING! I go in the store anyway though...
    Just Keep Swimming

My Disney Vacations...
    2001-Animal Kingdom Lodge
    2002-Animal Kingdom Lodge
    2003-Beach Club
    2004-Beach Club
    2005-Beach Club
    2006-Beach Club
    2006(again)-Beach Club
    2007-Beach Club
    2008-Beach Club
    2009-Port Orleans Riverside Magnolia Bend
    2010(next vacation!)-Port Orleans Riverside Magnolia Bend

iheartdisney01

RuddyWDW is offline Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery

Smelly People

Ruddy

Dragonrider1227 is offline Fastpass Holder

I hate hate HATE litterbugs at Disney. It's bad enough to be putting up with that stuff in the real world but dang it, I come to Disney to get away from stuff like that. WHERE I find trash makes it worse. I swear, someone threw trash in Snow White's well in front of her ride. SNOW WHITE'S WELL! >< My sister says she saw trash at Minnie's house too. Poor Minnie. You know she likes to keep her house neat and tidy. After hearing that, I wanted to see Minnie shoo everyone out of her house and lock it up so she could clean XD

vowell1055 is offline B-Ticket Holder

Wow. Color me impressed this thread is still going strong.

Here's another story for you. We're waiting in line at the MK bus stop trying to get back to ASMovies after park closing. Being essentially steerage, there was about a billion people in line. A bus pulls up and some dude with a stroller just arrives and tries to immediately board the bus. This sparked the edge-of-revolt murmuring from the massive line, as you would expect. The murmur wasn't so loud we couldn't hear the cast member tell the guy, "Sir, I'm sorry, but you'll have to wait in line. See this line? These are all people waiting to get on this bus." His reply was simply astounding. He says, rather peevishly, "But, I'm with a *child*!" This caught the CM off guard a bit, but, to his credit, he responded, "Sir, this is Disney World. *Everyone* is 'with a child'." Some people just don't get that there are other people in the world.

Mr. Tom Morrow is offline C-Ticket Holder

The line for the bus is never a pleasant experience at the end of the night. People get way too impatient and think they are more important than everyone else. One night a family got on the bus before everyone because they had a member in a wheel chair and the family that cut in front of me and my girlfriend to join their party started going ape sh** because of it. Security ended up being called on the husband and they were waiting for him at the hotel. It just ruined my night and made me mad the rest of the night because I can't stand people that act that way. Relax you are going to get to your hotel.

WDW4Ever is offline Annual Passholder

Quote Originally Posted by vowell1055 View Post
    This caught the CM off guard a bit, but, to his credit, he responded, "Sir, this is Disney World. *Everyone* is 'with a child'."
    Major kudos to the CM for having the composure and wit to come up with such a great retort
    "If you can dream it you can do it."
    -Tom Fitzgerald
    D23 Charter Member

Doombuggy13 is offline B-Ticket Holder

Talking Re: Disney Pet Peeves

Mine is when you hear someone giving another person advice or directions and they are wrong. Example: I was in the queue for the Enchanted Tiki Room (Yes, Under New Management) and heard someone saying that they had an ADR for Liberty Tree that night and were not sure where it was. The lady next to them said just as confidently as possible, it is in Epcot in the American Pavilion. WHAT??? NO IT'S NOT!!!!! I had to then of course interject and set the conversation straight. My wife was embarrassed but I guarantee they made it to their ADR!

JNota0005DakMC is offline Annual Passholder

Quote Originally Posted by WDW4Ever View Post
    Major kudos to the CM for having the composure and wit to come up with such a great retort
    i give the CM credit for having the guts just to say it... because everyone knows... the customer is always right...! not really...
    "All our dreams can come true, if we have the courage to pursue them"
    -Walt Disney

"Laughter is America's most important export"
    -Walt Disney

"Paging Mr. Morrow, Mr. Tom Morrow, your party from Saturn has arrived. Please give them a ring."

Please check out my blog... (Join up...! Everyone's Welcome...!) Find it on Facebook too...!
    http://tomorrowlandgazette.blogspot.com/

Page 53 of 59 FirstFirst ... 3435152535455 ... LastLast