Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Page 57 of 59 FirstFirst ... 7475556575859 LastLast
Miscellaneous Discuss Disney Pet Peeves in the News & Rumors forums; Originally Posted by pink_minnie I hate it when people seem to think that Disney is just for kids. I'm trying to plan a Disney-style wedding here in North Carolina (can't ...
    Evilduckqueen is offline Annual Passholder

Re: Disney Pet Peeves

Quote Originally Posted by pink_minnie View Post
    I hate it when people seem to think that Disney is just for kids. I'm trying to plan a Disney-style wedding here in North Carolina (can't seem to convince 100+ people to come down for a weekend) and it seems as though people think my ideas are cheesy. (For example: I want a subtle Disney cake topper; possibly a carriage, cinderella and prince charming, etc.) I showed a few co-workers of mine some of the beautiful toppers I found, and man oh man, I got the "You really want a castle on your cake???" kind of responses.

That put a damper of my fairy tale wedding mindset yesterday!
    I know how you feel pink_minnie. I am currently planning a wedding, and I have had a few people sneer at things I have mentioned. Mainly some of the songs (Disney of course!) I want played at mine. Just because it isn't what they would choose for themselves, doesn't mean they have to put down your choices and make you feel small!!
    "You're dead if you aim only for kids. Adults are only kids grown up, anyway."

DHI
    DHI is offline C-Ticket Holder

Quote Originally Posted by Evilduckqueen View Post
    Oh I whole heartedly agree!
    I agree with this as well!
    Wishin' I was in the World

What will you CELEBRATE!

disney_freak is offline is supercalifragilisticexpia lidocious

Quote Originally Posted by Evilduckqueen View Post
    I know this has been mentioned before, but this is one of my personal pet peeves ( and I've been getting this one a lot lately), is when I mention that I am going to WDW for my honeymoon, and people respond with:
    " Which one? The one in California?" or I get this "oh you're going to Disneyland?"
    Me: No. Walt DisneyWorld."
    Them: "What's the difference?"
    Me: "..."
    Haha when someone says to me "whats the difference?" I make them sorry they ever asked. I'll just start naming off ALL the differences and I've done this for like 20mins. They get annoyed and Never ask again ^_^
    That will teach them not to know the difference!!!
    Faith is my name, disney is my...obsession

Since Pluto is no longer a planet. I think Mickey should be the new one.

Keasmom is offline DisneyWorldTrivia.com Lifetime Pass

Quote Originally Posted by disney_freak View Post
    Haha when someone says to me "whats the difference?" I make them sorry they ever asked. I'll just start naming off ALL the differences and I've done this for like 20mins. They get annoyed and Never ask again ^_^
    That will teach them not to know the difference!!!
    That is a VERY frustrating and hard to make those who don't care, understand.

Personally, I prefer DL to WDW. But other then explaining geography, I don't get too far into it. A fence post, is a fence post.
    P.U.S.H.-A mantra MOST will not understand.

Disney rocks, Walt was a genius.

JNota0005DakMC is offline Annual Passholder

most people just dont get it... but c'est la vie...
    "All our dreams can come true, if we have the courage to pursue them"
    -Walt Disney

"Laughter is America's most important export"
    -Walt Disney

"Paging Mr. Morrow, Mr. Tom Morrow, your party from Saturn has arrived. Please give them a ring."

Please check out my blog... (Join up...! Everyone's Welcome...!) Find it on Facebook too...!
    http://tomorrowlandgazette.blogspot.com/

Mo Noyz is offline Unfortunately, this user's actions have resulted in him/her being BANNED from the site

Exactly. I love the whole "isn't that for little kids" response whenever I mention WDW. I used to launch into this grand exposition about WDW when I got this response, but nowadays I usually just say something along the lines of, "no, not really".

That leaves 'em hanging.

wallfan329 is offline Working on becoming a Disney CPer

Disney control over the tour groups. On friday when I was there, there was like 6 tour groups together and they were screaming and acting like hooligans on main street blocking people who are trying to enjoy their trip way. I feel like Disney sound try to keep them under control.
    Mckayla
    My Disney College Program blog...everything from KSU life to getting ready for Spring 2015
    ♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫
    2001(PO),2003(BC and DCL Magic),2004(ASM),2005(Poly and DCL Magic),2006(HH & OKW),2007(SSR),2009(WL),2010(BW,Pop and Vero),2011(OKW),2012(AKL & OKW),2012(Pop, Reunion),2013(Band Trip/Birthday Trip...AoA/Off Property),2014(OKW,Pop and DCL Dream)

Quote Originally Posted by wallfan329 View Post
    Disney control over the tour groups. On friday when I was there, there was like 6 tour groups together and they were screaming and acting like hooligans on main street blocking people who are trying to enjoy their trip way. I feel like Disney sound try to keep them under control.
    Those Tour groups of the forigners are from outside tour companies. Disney doesnt have a say in what they do. The only thing they can do is ask them to leave if they get enough complaints.
    (but those Forigner Tour Groups have ALWAYS been rude and loud. They come from rich families so they see anyone that works as lesser beings and has no respect for other people cause thats how they were raised.)

Quote Originally Posted by disney_freak View Post
    Those Tour groups of the forigners are from outside tour companies. Disney doesnt have a say in what they do. The only thing they can do is ask them to leave if they get enough complaints.
    (but those Forigner Tour Groups have ALWAYS been rude and loud. They come from rich families so they see anyone that works as lesser beings and has no respect for other people cause thats how they were raised.)
    And let us add, they bring a LOT of guaranteed annual revenue with them, so they rarely crack down on the cash cow.

I do wish they would at least talk to the group leader and remind them there are others in the parks.

well they now show a video on the plane ride over on how to act while in america but I guess they dont listen well. They use to be WAAAAY worst. My mom once time say them SPIT on a CM (I would have punch the crud out of them lol) atleast they are just loud and rude.

Quote Originally Posted by WDW4Ever View Post
    All the different "correct" ways to spell Walt Disney World and Disneyland... i.e. Disney Land, DisneyLand, Disneyworld, WaltDisneyWorld
    Disneyland is my home park, and I am SUPER jealous that you have been in Walt's apartment.
    Care to Pm details?
    Quote Originally Posted by vowell1055 View Post
    Wow. Color me impressed this thread is still going strong.

I love to read this one, a LOT.
    Here's another story for you. We're waiting in line at the MK bus stop trying to get back to ASMovies after park closing. Being essentially steerage, there was about a billion people in line. A bus pulls up and some dude with a stroller just arrives and tries to immediately board the bus. This sparked the edge-of-revolt murmuring from the massive line, as you would expect. The murmur wasn't so loud we couldn't hear the cast member tell the guy, "Sir, I'm sorry, but you'll have to wait in line. See this line? These are all people waiting to get on this bus." His reply was simply astounding. He says, rather peevishly, "But, I'm with a *child*!" This caught the CM off guard a bit, but, to his credit, he responded, "Sir, this is Disney World. *Everyone* is 'with a child'." Some people just don't get that there are other people in the world.
    Bravo to the CM boo, hiss hiss boo to the rude person. We had a great bus driver one night, he played Garth Brooks Low Places at high volume on the way back to ASMU and everyone sang along. It was magical.

Quote Originally Posted by Doombuggy13 View Post
    Mine is when you hear someone giving another person advice or directions and they are wrong. Example: I was in the queue for the Enchanted Tiki Room (Yes, Under New Management) and heard someone saying that they had an ADR for Liberty Tree that night and were not sure where it was. The lady next to them said just as confidently as possible, it is in Epcot in the American Pavilion. WHAT??? NO IT'S NOT!!!!! I had to then of course interject and set the conversation straight. My wife was embarrassed but I guarantee they made it to their ADR!

My DD and I try to help like that. Seems a Disney Geek habit is hard to break. LOL, and you get to prove a dufus wrong.

wallfan329 is offline Working on becoming a Disney CPer

Some Cast Members.... the ones that arent magical. Last time I was in Disney, there was this a cast member at Cosmic Rays who when my mom told her I want to do the College Program ,she decided to tell my that its horrible and the worst thing you could ever do.
    Mckayla
    My Disney College Program blog...everything from KSU life to getting ready for Spring 2015
    2001(PO),2003(BC and DCL Magic),2004(ASM),2005(Poly and DCL Magic),2006(HH & OKW),2007(SSR),2009(WL),2010(BW,Pop and Vero),2011(OKW),2012(AKL & OKW),2012(Pop, Reunion),2013(Band Trip/Birthday Trip...AoA/Off Property),2014(OKW,Pop and DCL Dream)

Veritas is offline Real Men Dig the Mouse

5. Tour groups (face they are a blight)
    4. Parents who drag screaming children onto attractions
    3. Parents who allow children to run amuck
    2. The Cheerleader/Sports teams "packs" who just can't seem to behave
    1. The parents of the Cheerleader/sports teams "packs" who are the reason their prescious spawn don't thin they need to behave.
    Veri S&B LLC WHAFTFCOL

SITTM, No Retreat, No Surrender!

Our Highly Trained Experts Are Always Prepared To "Assist" You.

Quote Originally Posted by Veritas View Post
    5. Tour groups (face they are a blight)
    4. Parents who drag screaming children onto attractions
    3. Parents who allow children to run amuck
    2. The Cheerleader/Sports teams "packs" who just can't seem to behave
    1. The parents of the Cheerleader/sports teams "packs" who are the reason their prescious spawn don't thin they need to behave.
    4) My mom dragged me on Buzz and I was crying and now thats 1 of my fav rides. so sometimes it worth the crying to find a new love of a ride. lol

2/1) OMG I HATE THEM SO MUCH!!!!!!!! I was on PhillharMagic and these bratty cheerleaders with no adult supervision were loud and standing on the other side of the yellow line even thou Minnie JUST said not to (I took a flash pic of them just to piss them off) so I hoped they'd get hit with the door, sadly they never did

HauntedGabe is offline Where'd she go???

Quote Originally Posted by wallfan329 View Post
    Some Cast Members.... the ones that arent magical. Last time I was in Disney, there was this a cast member at Cosmic Rays who when my mom told her I want to do the College Program ,she decided to tell my that its horrible and the worst thing you could ever do.
    As you know my DS was a CP. He loved it but he had a plum position.
    His girlfriend that he met while being inducted was in Counter service food in a moderate hotel. She hated every moment of her job. My son made friends that are standing the test of time. The majority of them loved it.
    A few went home mid stint because of supervisors that were less than Magical CM's. My son refered to them as the lowest level of management with power over the lowly CP's. He was so fortunate to have a lovely supervisor who took him under her wing.

But I am surprised the CM blurted that out. Betting Food Service wasn't so Magical for her.
    Some people are like Slinkies.

They aren't really good for anything,
    but they still bring a smile to my face when I push them down a flight of stairs.

Friends are Gods way of apologizing to us for our families.