Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Page 58 of 59 FirstFirst ... 84856575859 LastLast
Miscellaneous Discuss Disney Pet Peeves in the News & Rumors forums; Originally Posted by HauntedGabe As you know my DS was a CP. He loved it but he had a plum position. His girlfriend that he met while being inducted was ...
    Keasmom is offline DisneyWorldTrivia.com Lifetime Pass

Re: Disney Pet Peeves

Quote Originally Posted by HauntedGabe View Post
    As you know my DS was a CP. He loved it but he had a plum position.
    His girlfriend that he met while being inducted was in Counter service food in a moderate hotel. She hated every moment of her job. My son made friends that are standing the test of time. The majority of them loved it.
    A few went home mid stint because of supervisors that were less than Magical CM's. My son refered to them as the lowest level of management with power over the lowly CP's. He was so fortunate to have a lovely supervisor who took him under her wing.

But I am surprised the CM blurted that out. Betting Food Service wasn't so Magical for her.
    Food service would bite. Unless that was what you really loved. And Ihave to say, the cash register CM's at All Stars are really, really not too magical. Yeah, not at all. I really felt like a major imposition on their day.
    P.U.S.H.-A mantra MOST will not understand.

Disney rocks, Walt was a genius.

dramaqueenk is offline C-Ticket Holder

Not sure if this has been said already, but the Peter Pan queue. I mean, it;s a great ride, but seriously, when i hear people in the queue who think they're actually going to fly i wanna point them to Soarin' at EPCOT.
    It's definitely not worth 1.5 hours queue!
    dramaqueenk

"If you can dream it, you can do it. Always remember that this whole thing was started with a dream and a mouse."
    Walt Disney

dramaqueenk is offline C-Ticket Holder

Quote Originally Posted by disney_freak View Post
    well they now show a video on the plane ride over on how to act while in america but I guess they dont listen well. They use to be WAAAAY worst. My mom once time say them SPIT on a CM (I would have punch the crud out of them lol) atleast they are just loud and rude.

Do they actually show a video on the way over? That's brilliant! I wish that was compulsory on all flights going to Orlando!
    dramaqueenk

"If you can dream it, you can do it. Always remember that this whole thing was started with a dream and a mouse."
    Walt Disney

simba is offline A-Ticket holder

Quote Originally Posted by Evilduckqueen View Post
    I know how you feel pink_minnie. I am currently planning a wedding, and I have had a few people sneer at things I have mentioned. Mainly some of the songs (Disney of course!) I want played at mine. Just because it isn't what they would choose for themselves, doesn't mean they have to put down your choices and make you feel small!!
    that is sad. I would absolutely love to dance to disney songs at my wedding reception. "So this is love"..."Circle of Life"..."Kiss the Girl"...so many possibilities and this is coming from a guy. It's not immature to want stuff like this. If it's your passion, then do it! It's no different than playing popular hip-hop hits to dance to. It's all a matter of what you like. Instead of Usher songs, you're playing Alan Menkin hits. It's your day, don't let anyone else get in your way of living a fairytale.
    David Simba Zitzelberger
    Author, Painter, Disney Enthusiast

Author of the fictional Disney novel "Magical Escapades":
    http://www.lulu.com/spotlight/magicalescapades

Disney College Program Fall 2012--Merchandise

Blog: www.magicalescapades.blogspot.com

2011-December, Port Orleans Riverside
    2011-March, Day visit to Wilderness Lodge
    2010-May, Disneyland
    2009-June, Hilton Grand Vacations
    2008-December, Port Orleans Riverside
    2007-July, Pop Century
    2004-August, All Star Movies Fantasia
    2002-June, All Star Movies 101 Dalmatians
    1995-July, Dixie Landings

Mo Noyz is offline Unfortunately, this user's actions have resulted in him/her being BANNED from the site

Pet peeve? All the nimrods who have to ring the bells in the Everest queue as long and loud as they can.

MartianCrab is offline Fastpass Holder

I dislike double-wide stroller people and people who suddenly stop walking (while in a crowd) to consult a map/phone/etc. oblivious to the people behind them that DIDN'T want to stop.
    “The trouble with quotes on the Internet is one never knows if they are genuine.” —Abraham Lincoln

Cortini is offline Annual Passholder

Quote Originally Posted by MartianCrab View Post
    I dislike double-wide stroller people and people who suddenly stop walking (while in a crowd) to consult a map/phone/etc. oblivious to the people behind them that DIDN'T want to stop.
    I know i hate this its like really? And to add to it when you get behind slow people hogging the whole walkway and you are faster and can't get past them and when you do the rest of your party is still stuck behind them and then you have to stop and wait on your party to catch up and you ended up behind the same people and so it all again.
    D23 Charter Member~Castaway Club Member~DVC Member @ Wilderness Lodge & Saratoga Springs~Pin Trader~Vinylmation Collector

"A wish is a powerful thing especially when it comes from the heart."

Finally figured out most of my travel histoy!
    2012- March- 4 nights at Wilderness Lodge then 3 nights at Bay Lake Tower
    2011- March- 5 nights at Treehouse Villas then 2 nights at Bay Lake Tower
    2010- March- 6 nights at Saratoga Springs then 1 night at Bay Lake Tower.
    2010- July- 7 nights at Saratoga Springs.
    2009- March- 9 nights at Boardwalk Villas.

2009- October- 2 nigths at Dolphin then
    Disney Wonder- 3-Night Bahamian Cruise (w/ a friend who I met on the Magic cruise)
    2008- March- Disney Magic- 7-Night Eastern Caribbean Cruise (1st cruise ever)
    2008- November- 5 nights at Coronado Springs
    2007- March- 9 nights at Wilderness
    2007- November- 2 nights at Swan
    2006-1998 Yearly Trips sometimes two trips a year at various resorts which are the following(resort (# of times not previously stated))-
    Saratoga Springs (1), Contemporary( Tower (1), Garden Wing (2 i think)), All-Star Movies(1 night then on the another hotel), All- Star Music (1), Wilderness Lodge (Lodge (1), Villas (?)) Coronado Springs (1), Animal Kingdom Lodge (1)

supernova is offline Premium Annual Passholder

Quote Originally Posted by Mo Noyz View Post
    Pet peeve? All the nimrods who have to ring the bells in the Everest queue as long and loud as they can.
    Same thing with the bell on the walk between the Villas and the Wilderness Lodge hall.
    Really, Walt? Disneyland is MY land? Why would I want a silly little land when I can have the WORLD.

disney_freak is offline is supercalifragilisticexpia lidocious

Quote Originally Posted by dramaqueenk View Post
    Do they actually show a video on the way over? That's brilliant! I wish that was compulsory on all flights going to Orlando!
    I've had a few CM's tell me that they show a video on the planes on how to act proper in America. Its all a matter of if they pay attention or even care. These are all rich spoiled kids dont forget. They treat anyone that works like trash.
    But as annoying as they are I have seen them getting better.
    Faith is my name, disney is my...obsession

Since Pluto is no longer a planet. I think Mickey should be the new one.

I dont mind double-wide strollers cause some families have to get them, but I agree about the stopping. Than they look at me like I just slapped there kids. or they arent paying attention and they ram into me and think its my fault. If I'm with my mother she will yell at them and walk away lol its so funny to watch my mom yell XD

MartianCrab is offline Fastpass Holder

I've had a few CM's tell me that they show a video on the planes on how to act proper in America. Its all a matter of if they pay attention or even care. These are all rich spoiled kids dont forget. They treat anyone that works like trash.
    I'm just curious; to which group are you referring?
    “The trouble with quotes on the Internet is one never knows if they are genuine.” —Abraham Lincoln

I'm just curious; to which group are you referring?
    The large South American tour groups that just about take over WDW during summer lol

Keasmom is offline DisneyWorldTrivia.com Lifetime Pass

Quote Originally Posted by simba View Post
    that is sad. I would absolutely love to dance to disney songs at my wedding reception. "So this is love"..."Circle of Life"..."Kiss the Girl"...so many possibilities and this is coming from a guy. It's not immature to want stuff like this. If it's your passion, then do it! It's no different than playing popular hip-hop hits to dance to. It's all a matter of what you like. Instead of Usher songs, you're playing Alan Menkin hits. It's your day, don't let anyone else get in your way of living a fairytale.
    Bravo, bravo. YOUR wedding, YOUR choices. I would have Disney songs mixed in with popular wedding reception dance songs. And anyone who didn't like it could sit in their chair, eat their meal and pout like a two year old. I would get the dancing started with the music Whistle While you Work, and have everyone swing napkins over their heads like the Pooh Parade at Crystal Palace. Get them moving and having a light hearted good time. Tell the fuddy duddy's to pout quietly.

ER!!! Agree. Just swing around them ans say "how rude".

Last trip (may2010) there weren't as many but I noticed that the Indians had taken their place as beyond annoying and entitled, can't count the number of them that had one person waiting in line and as it moved to the front, 20 more would join them. ERRRR
    P.U.S.H.-A mantra MOST will not understand.

Disney rocks, Walt was a genius.

eeyore79 is offline Missing "HOME"

i will report back with my pet peeves from my trip!!
    "A dream is a wish your heart makes..."

http://mydreamingcorner.blogspot.com/

Me (Jamie) - 34 DD (Kayla) - 7

TRIP REPORT AUGUST 2011 http://www.wdwradio.com/forums/showt...l=1#post972048

DopeyDancer87 is offline Disney Obsessed Since 1988 :-)

I personally will never go to WDW during the month of July ever again. Those tour groups from South America should be banned (as discriminatory as that sounds, sorry). If it were a family acting that way, the family would be kicked out of the park, but because its a bunch of over privileged brats from a foreign country Disney feels like they can't say anything. Ruins the experience for everyone else who has dreamed about their Disney trip!
    "It's kind of fun to do the impossible." - Walt Disney

"Adults are just grown up kids, anyway." -Walt Disney

(((Por favor mantangense alejado de las puertas )))

*My Visits*
    1988 - Polynesian Resort*1991- Port Orleans*1992- Port Orleans*1994- Wilderness Lodge*1995- Caribbean Beach*1997- Boardwalk*1998- Old Key West*1999- All- Star Movies*2000- Wilderness Lodge*2000- Caribbean Beach*2001- Wilderness Lodge*2001- Port Orleans Riverside*2001- Coronado Springs*2002 - Boardwalk*2003 - Contemporary*2003 - Caribbean Beach*2003 - All Star Sports & Music*2004- Grand Californian (DL)*2004 - Boardwalk*2005 - Boardwalk*2006 - Wilderness Lodge*2007- Boardwalk*2007 - Wilderness Lodge*2008 - Saratoga Springs*2009 - Off Site*2011 - Bay Lake Tower/Boardwalk Villas*February, 2012 - POFQ

Page 58 of 59 FirstFirst ... 84856575859 LastLast