Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Page 59 of 59 FirstFirst ... 949575859
Miscellaneous Discuss Disney Pet Peeves in the News & Rumors forums; I do tend to get peevish when people who are not "Disney-ites" seem to expect me to justify the yearly trips to see Mickey....
    Veritas is offline Real Men Dig the Mouse

Re: Disney Pet Peeves

I do tend to get peevish when people who are not "Disney-ites" seem to expect me to justify the yearly trips to see Mickey.
    Veri S&B LLC WHAFTFCOL

SITTM, No Retreat, No Surrender!

Our Highly Trained Experts Are Always Prepared To "Assist" You.

DopeyDancer87 is offline Disney Obsessed Since 1988 :-)

Quote Originally Posted by Veritas View Post
    I do tend to get peevish when people who are not "Disney-ites" seem to expect me to justify the yearly trips to see Mickey.

Amen!!!!!! I am so tired of people thinking I am crazy because I am 24 and I've been there 16 times and I am not sick of it yet! Why can people be obsessed with a football or baseball team and thats acceptable, but I can't be excited to visit my home away from home every year?
    "It's kind of fun to do the impossible." - Walt Disney

"Adults are just grown up kids, anyway." -Walt Disney

(((Por favor mantangense alejado de las puertas )))

*My Visits*
    1988 - Polynesian Resort*1991- Port Orleans*1992- Port Orleans*1994- Wilderness Lodge*1995- Caribbean Beach*1997- Boardwalk*1998- Old Key West*1999- All- Star Movies*2000- Wilderness Lodge*2000- Caribbean Beach*2001- Wilderness Lodge*2001- Port Orleans Riverside*2001- Coronado Springs*2002 - Boardwalk*2003 - Contemporary*2003 - Caribbean Beach*2003 - All Star Sports & Music*2004- Grand Californian (DL)*2004 - Boardwalk*2005 - Boardwalk*2006 - Wilderness Lodge*2007- Boardwalk*2007 - Wilderness Lodge*2008 - Saratoga Springs*2009 - Off Site*2011 - Bay Lake Tower/Boardwalk Villas*February, 2012 - POFQ

Ominusrex is offline B-Ticket Holder

I don't blame you ! I'm 45 and if could i'd go once or twice a year !

A Dream Is A Wish Your Heart Makes !

HauntedGabe is offline Where'd she go???

I for one am so happy that the parks in Japan have expanded.

I've had more problems in the fall with tour groups from Japan with their subway game face on. When my kids were small and we were standing in open queues like Honey, Muppets, Bugs etc., we would literally get stampeded by the tour groups from Japan when the show doors would open, just like their subways.

I do understand that is a normal practice there, not here.
    Some people are like Slinkies.

They aren't really good for anything,
    but they still bring a smile to my face when I push them down a flight of stairs.

Friends are Gods way of apologizing to us for our families.

DopeyDancer87 is offline Disney Obsessed Since 1988 :-)

That's another thing!!! I HATEEEE (and I do not believe "hate" is too strong of a word here) when people stop in the middle of the row in places like Muppet Vision 3D or Phillharmagic...they CLEARLY tell you to keep moving through the row all the way to the end, don't stop in the middle and make people walk over you and then get annoyed over it! And don't pretend you "no speaka engrish" when I tell you to move!
    "It's kind of fun to do the impossible." - Walt Disney

"Adults are just grown up kids, anyway." -Walt Disney

(((Por favor mantangense alejado de las puertas )))

*My Visits*
    1988 - Polynesian Resort*1991- Port Orleans*1992- Port Orleans*1994- Wilderness Lodge*1995- Caribbean Beach*1997- Boardwalk*1998- Old Key West*1999- All- Star Movies*2000- Wilderness Lodge*2000- Caribbean Beach*2001- Wilderness Lodge*2001- Port Orleans Riverside*2001- Coronado Springs*2002 - Boardwalk*2003 - Contemporary*2003 - Caribbean Beach*2003 - All Star Sports & Music*2004- Grand Californian (DL)*2004 - Boardwalk*2005 - Boardwalk*2006 - Wilderness Lodge*2007- Boardwalk*2007 - Wilderness Lodge*2008 - Saratoga Springs*2009 - Off Site*2011 - Bay Lake Tower/Boardwalk Villas*February, 2012 - POFQ

Timickey is offline A-Ticket holder

Our big Disney pet peeve is when people act like it's strange to go back to Walt Disney World over and over. People go to the same places on fishing trips, beach houses, golf trips, skiing trips, etc, every year and that's fine. But go to WDW repeatedly and there is something wrong with you?? 'Going there again? Don't you get tired of doing the same things? Isn't it for kids? Don't you want to see other places?'

Thom Morrow is offline B-Ticket Holder

Quote Originally Posted by Mo Noyz View Post
    Pet peeve? All the nimrods who have to ring the bells in the Everest queue as long and loud as they can.
    Consider me Nimrod Numero Uno. I love ringing the bells. Bells are meant to be rung. The sound is considered a blessing. And it's fun!

disneyfire is offline A-Ticket holder

Quote Originally Posted by Timickey View Post
    Our big Disney pet peeve is when people act like it's strange to go back to Walt Disney World over and over. People go to the same places on fishing trips, beach houses, golf trips, skiing trips, etc, every year and that's fine. But go to WDW repeatedly and there is something wrong with you?? 'Going there again? Don't you get tired of doing the same things? Isn't it for kids? Don't you want to see other places?'
    agreed 110%
    I have always thought the exact same thing. For us, Disney is the best bang for the buck vacation you can have...plus.....I ama Disney nut!

Cortini is offline Annual Passholder

Quote Originally Posted by Timickey View Post

Yeah like for me being a Junior in HS and getting ask all the time why are you going back and like the like when everyone else has their vacation spots that they go year after year it like its no different. And my friend has gone 3 times in the past 4 years and what does she get nothing.... maybe its because she isn't a disney nut like me but still she like it too and her mom told me that. Does going to the other place in Orlando that has wizards for two days qualify her trip as okay? I don't get it.
    D23 Charter Member~Castaway Club Member~DVC Member @ Wilderness Lodge & Saratoga Springs~Pin Trader~Vinylmation Collector

"A wish is a powerful thing especially when it comes from the heart."

Finally figured out most of my travel histoy!
    2012- March- 4 nights at Wilderness Lodge then 3 nights at Bay Lake Tower
    2011- March- 5 nights at Treehouse Villas then 2 nights at Bay Lake Tower
    2010- March- 6 nights at Saratoga Springs then 1 night at Bay Lake Tower.
    2010- July- 7 nights at Saratoga Springs.
    2009- March- 9 nights at Boardwalk Villas.

2009- October- 2 nigths at Dolphin then
    Disney Wonder- 3-Night Bahamian Cruise (w/ a friend who I met on the Magic cruise)
    2008- March- Disney Magic- 7-Night Eastern Caribbean Cruise (1st cruise ever)
    2008- November- 5 nights at Coronado Springs
    2007- March- 9 nights at Wilderness
    2007- November- 2 nights at Swan
    2006-1998 Yearly Trips sometimes two trips a year at various resorts which are the following(resort (# of times not previously stated))-
    Saratoga Springs (1), Contemporary( Tower (1), Garden Wing (2 i think)), All-Star Movies(1 night then on the another hotel), All- Star Music (1), Wilderness Lodge (Lodge (1), Villas (?)) Coronado Springs (1), Animal Kingdom Lodge (1)

penguinmickdis1 is offline C-Ticket Holder

Here we go:
    1. People who wait in line at counter service then don't know what to order when they reach the front.
    2. People who Text or are on cellphones, you can talk literally any time of day, why here?
    3. Handheld games: I love video games and love my 3DS but for god sake your at Disney World look around.
    4. Little annoying crying kids, I know this is a given but come on, your at Disney World. There are kids starving in Africa and you are complaining.
    5. Parents of annoying kids, 'nuff said, always giving in and acting like just because they have kids means their time is more important then mine.

disney_freak is offline is supercalifragilisticexpia lidocious

Quote Originally Posted by penguinmickdis1 View Post
    Here we go:
    2. People who Text or are on cellphones, you can talk literally any time of day, why here?
    4. Little annoying crying kids, I know this is a given but come on, your at Disney World. There are kids starving in Africa and you are complaining.
    2) I can undrestand that. My mother does it. I have to yell at her to hang up
    4) That starving kids in africa thing never worked on me. Made me complain more lol
    Faith is my name, disney is my...obsession

Since Pluto is no longer a planet. I think Mickey should be the new one.

Page 59 of 59 FirstFirst ... 949575859