Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Page 6 of 59 FirstFirst ... 456781656 ... LastLast
Miscellaneous Discuss Disney Pet Peeves in the News & Rumors forums; I can't say enough about the bloody Brazillian tour groups! AAAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!! !!...
    20K is offline Brought to you by Dock Thrust
    I can't say enough about the bloody Brazillian tour groups!
    AAAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!! !!

"I really hope that people won't cherry-pick my quotes in the future
    and use them out of context to justify things that I would never sign-off on."

- Walt Disney

disneyveteran is offline 24 trips to the World and counting
    There is a cure for the tour groups though. If you find one group in particular year after year that act in rude manner throughout the park. Learn how to say excuse me or pardon me or manners please in their language. It will stop them dead in their tracks.

We had this occurance a few years ago with an Italian group. And my family, being Italian knows enough of the language to get by. While they were pushing and shoving in one of the stores on main street and yelling back and forth to each other, my sister said excuse me loudly in Italian. They quieted down and stopped pushing. I guess because they weren't sure if she could speak the entire language and didn't want her to know what they were saying.
    TINA

2009 April Boardwalk & Beach Club Villas
    2008 July Polynesian Conceierge
    2008 March Beach Club Villas
    2007 July Contemporary Concierge
    2007 April Grand Floridian Concierge/Beach Club Villas
    2006 July The Villas at the Wilderness Lodge
    2006 April Polynesian Concierge
    2005 Contemporary/Grand Floridian Concierge
    2004 Grand Floridian Concierge
    2003 Polynesian Concierge
    2002 Beach Club Villas
    2001 Polynesian
    2000 Polynesian

You could just punch them, I suppose....

- Walt Disney

GirlStar613 is offline Queen of Couture
    i really just hate it(and this is generally) when people shove into you w/o an excuse me or sorry...it's bound to happen, especially at a place like WDW where there are crowds...just say oops sorry or something to that effect and it's fine...i have a big mouth for someone petite(i'm 5'1) and i'll def let them know they stepped on me or pushed me...it's just rude!
    Erica

"There's a great big beautiful tomorrow, shining at the end of everyday. There's a great big beautiful tomorrow, just a dream away!"

When I grow up I wanna be a Disney

Disneynut57 is offline Fastpass Holder
    I hate it when I see grown people dragging their kids out of the parks screaming at them becuase they are crying. Why not take the time in the first place ot sit have an ice cream and little the little kidos have a break. Just think how tired your feet and legs are and they are taking 2 to 3 times as many steps and they dont have the view you do

Keasmom is offline DisneyWorldTrivia.com Lifetime Pass
    Agree totally on the bathing and deoderant. In March at WDW, there were several groups of Europeans and they were very malodorous, to the point my child asked what that smell was. They were also very, very rude. On three seperate attraction lines, these people tried to cut or crowd us out, we are tall and thin people, very bony elbows are a GREAT deterrant, that and an equally aggressive attitude. We are generally amenable, frequently helpful, but DO NOt cut in line.

I also, agree with the infant item, to a point. It seems some parents are really good at keeping the tiny ones cool, comfy and quiet. The rest, well ..... I see that in the local area every day, babies in nappies and tees sweating in a stroller while the parents/guardians bump their gums. It is not a mobile accessory (sp?) it is a child, get it some water and AC.

#1. I would like a moment to address the strollers. I used one as carefully as possible, the couple of times I bumped someone, I apologized. However, two of those 3 or 4 times, the person was not looking at all where they were going. One man actually called me a witch with a capitol B, after he cut me off and caused the accident. He was looking around and just steeped out across the flow of traffic, I could not stop in time. Everyone must pay attention- to help avoid the bumps. Pull the heads out of the clouds and pay attention while walking.

#2. The children bumping folks in line or stepping on their toes- I agree this is very annoying, however-- we tried to keep a two foot space between us and the people in front of us, we go shoved from behind, told to move up (guests, not CMs) or had catty comments made for extending the line. Small children have little line tolerance, we tried to keep her off of people, but when smashed along by those around you, it is really hard to do. Apologies for the toes, but we can only do so much. Maybe everyone could allow a little extra space for the small ones and not shove up so close- this would also help with the body odor issue.
    As a side note, we did keep little entertainments with us to occupy her-noiseless, of course, so she would be less likely to do this-bubble blowing anyone?

Keasmom is offline DisneyWorldTrivia.com Lifetime Pass
    I asked a tour group at Epcot to please quiet down, they were being so loud, rude and annoying in Mexico (echo central) that we almost left, I just asked reminded them that their choir was not given exclusive use of Epcot and for the rest of our enjoyment we would appreciate them calming down and quieting down. They were a little snippy about it, something about being "special guests" but they did as asked.

Princess Sarah is offline Fastpass Holder
    People who show their dislike for other cultures in the parks. There was a family speaking French in front of us in line for IASW...there were some people making VERY rude comments about the French...sooo loudly!!! Another thing, if you are intolerant of other cultures, WHY are you getting on IASW, it's celebrating children of ALL cultures!!!

This year when I went, my cousin and I had gone to MK alone because my cousins were taking one girl in our group to the airport (she had a softball tournament back home) and my aunt had their kids eating dinner and playing games back at the CR, so we went to see the fireworks. On the way out, a little girl got knocked into with a stroller, which started , and the parents started a FIST FIGHT. I mean...these guys were dropping "F bombs". Right on Main Street!!! ::
    You just have to decide if you’re a Tigger or an Eeyore.
    -Randy Pausch

University of South Carolina '11
    We hail thee, Carolina...

the7thAve is offline Pepper's Ghost
    Quote Originally Posted by Princess Sarah
    This year when I went, my cousin and I had gone to MK alone because my cousins were taking one girl in our group to the airport (she had a softball tournament back home) and my aunt had their kids eating dinner and playing games back at the CR, so we went to see the fireworks. On the way out, a little girl got knocked into with a stroller, which started , and the parents started a FIST FIGHT. I mean...these guys were dropping "F bombs". Right on Main Street!!! ::
    that is probly the most intense thing I have ever heard of!

one of my pet peeves is:
    I don't mean to step on any toes or anything, and this totally goes for every theme park, not just Disney.
    Please. if you know every dang word of the dialogue/preshow/whatever, please don't say it along with them! and if you do, please don't do it loud to prove how big of a Disney/Universal/Six Flags geek you really are! it's kinda annoying, and I think it takes some of the experience away from first-timers.

If we can dream it, we can do it

disneydame2004 is offline Celebrate Everyday!
    One of my pet peeves is when parents make their kids wait an hour or more in the "perfect" spot to watch the fireworks, and then drag them out of the park before the show ends so they can be first on the bus. There was this family that had staked out the train station platform at least an hour before SpectroMagic/Fantasy in the Sky (years ago). They had chairs along the railing and everything. 5 minutes before the end of the fireworks, the Dad rounded everyone up, pushed through all the other people watching behind them, and made them all leave so they wouldn't have to wait an extra couple of minutes to get back to the resort. It wasn't like a kid was upset with the fireworks, or misbehaving, or anything. The dad even said he didn't want to wait on the line for the bus.

I've seen similar incidents happen many times since then, and every time it just makes me want to
    -Pat (Disneydame2004)
    Dream Team Auction Coordinator

Help make a child smile! Dream Team Project Firstgiving Page

Princess Sarah is offline Fastpass Holder
    I hate it when people just walk up and sit in front of you on the street for the parade when you have been waiting there for 30 minutes...this person almost broke my favorite Ariel pin b/c he almost stepped on it!!!
    You just have to decide if you’re a Tigger or an Eeyore.
    -Randy Pausch

University of South Carolina '11
    We hail thee, Carolina...

My biggest and probably really only pet peeve that has anything to do with WDW is the SMOKING! It has completely gotten out of hand. I cannot believe the amount of people who just walk down the middle of Main Street while puffing on a cigarette and blowing smoke in my kids faces! The only thing worse than that is the fact the Disney has put all the smoking sections in prime locations. The one that really drives me crazy is the one outside of the BTMR exits. The smokers get the nice shaded benches near the river while the Mom's with small kids waiting for the others to get off the ride have 3 benches in the direct sunlight!!! I have never written a complaint letter to WDW until this past trip. I am usually sending letters with positive comments...and although my letter included many positive things (mostly about great CM interaction) I just couldn't let the smoking or smoking section thing go. I actually got a phone call from a Disney Executive over the weekend and I will be calling her back today! People have every right to smoke...but when it endangers my health and my childrens health, I do not appreciate it!

Okay...removing myself from my soapbox

Scrap-Vamp is offline B-Ticket Holder
    Melissa, that would really bug me too I guess the smoking has gotten a lot worse since I was last there?

My big peeve is also tour groups who spoil the atmosphere for everyone else - last time this was a problem I did the trick of talking to them in their own language (well, I spoke in Spanish) and it did the trick. This time I will be going with my fiance who is fluent in two Spanish dialects so he should be able to put anyone speaking a similar language in their place - mind you we are going out of the summer season so we should avoid the huge groups like this

It also used to bug me when people give you dirty looks for using the disabled entrance - my mum can't walk great distances and is even less able to stand in long queues - she is in constant pain that you probably couldn't deal with so give us a break using the disabled entrance.

Ah, that felt gooooooood!!
    Jen xXx

Quote Originally Posted by disneydreamer98
    Okay...removing myself from my soapbox
    No, keep yourself up there! I think you'll find lost of people who'll agree.

- Walt Disney

dzney4lyf is offline i come with a warning
    My pet peeve.. is when other people go to Disney and don't take me with them!!!

Page 6 of 59 FirstFirst ... 456781656 ... LastLast