Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Page 7 of 59 FirstFirst ... 567891757 ... LastLast
Miscellaneous Discuss Disney Pet Peeves in the News & Rumors forums; Now that's just being picky!...
    20K is offline Brought to you by Dock Thrust
    Now that's just being picky!

"I really hope that people won't cherry-pick my quotes in the future
    and use them out of context to justify things that I would never sign-off on."

- Walt Disney

jiminycricket is offline A-Ticket holder
    One of my pet peeves is the Brazilian tour groups, but I don't see them as much since I usually take my trips in the beginning of Sept. My biggest pet peeve used to be people taking flash pictures inside the rides. They always said, "no flash photography please" now you can't tell me that all of the people that have taken pictures do not speak English. They are just ignorant. Now you have to deal with the people with their video cameras. I don't mind them as long as they keep the light off and don't use their 2" lcd screen.
    As far as people bringing their babies, I used to be the first person to say "why would you drag an infant to WDW, they're not going to remember anything" But I am now the mommy to 7 1/2 month old Dylan and we are going to Disney 9/9-9/16. We could skip this year, but my pass expires at the end of Sept. so we had to get another trip in.

It's just their stupid little flags! Why the heck do they need them? Surely their day-glo t-shirts are enough to identify them in public. And the people with the flags? It's as if they get a feeling of importance by holding that stupid little plastic thing.

- Walt Disney

dzney4lyf is offline i come with a warning
    Quote Originally Posted by 20K
    It's just their stupid little flags! Why the heck do they need them? Surely their day-glo t-shirts are enough to identify them in public. And the people with the flags? It's as if they get a feeling of importance by holding that stupid little plastic thing.

gee.. I was thinking that Lou could carry one of these flags for Mousefest..

tiggerguy is offline As God as my witness, I thought turkeys could fly

Believe it or not these flags do make a difference in keeping the group together even in a sea of day-glo (insert color here) t-shirts. The people are told to follow the flag. Flags are not for identifying the group, they are for keeping it somewhat together
    Brian
    WDWRadio Moderator

Ahhh! They're ganging up on me!!!

- Walt Disney

tiggerguy is offline As God as my witness, I thought turkeys could fly
    disneydrdeamer98 said...

I cannot believe the amount of people who just walk down the middle of Main Street while puffing on a cigarette and blowing smoke in my kids faces!
    Then you have some very tall kids Seriously, I agree with you on this one. But look at it this way, it could be thier first visit here and have not read where they can smoke or not smoke.

disneydreamer98 also said

The only thing worse than that is the fact the Disney has put all the smoking sections in prime locations. The one that really drives me crazy is the one outside of the BTMR exits. The smokers get the nice shaded benches near the river while the Mom's with small kids waiting for the others to get off the ride have 3 benches in the direct sunlight!!!
    While these spots are "prime" for getting out of the sun, they are also far removed from the concentration of people who are in major travel paths. By doing it this way Disney is keeping the smoke away from more people .

P.S. I am not a smoker.
    Brian
    WDWRadio Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by tiggerguy

While these spots are "prime" for getting out of the sun, they are also far removed from the concentration of people who are in major travel paths. By doing it this way Disney is keeping the smoke away from more people .

P.S. I am not a smoker.
    I agree as the smoking "stations" are put behind buildings and away from the crowds... I am a smoker and I like the idea of a place to go smoke.. I do not like to offend people with the smell of my cigarette nor do I like to toss my but on the ground.. I know a lot of us smokers get a bad rep but there are some of us who do respect others and remain in these areas...

As for a HUGE pet peeve of mine... when people bring their children into the smoking areas!!! I do not like to smoke in front of children and some families have 4 of their kids sitting in the middle of a smoke fest... Can parents not take turns and keep kids away from these areas????

Ahhh! They're ganging up on me!!!

What color should I make your flag??

White

- Walt Disney

White
    Do you surrender to the wrath of the flag people???

Yes

- Walt Disney

Keasmom is offline DisneyWorldTrivia.com Lifetime Pass
    Love this particular thread, it is so very therapeutic.

Smokers, and I am one, should be confined. Disney does a good job of allocating space for this, so a pet peeve of mine is when the non-smokers invade the area and ask us to "put them out". I always find out the designated area and stay in it, away from everyone. I think the few places for "us" should not be overtaken by "them".

Cameo is offline And the voila... you've got a Figment!
    Riding my tricycle around the parking lot
    I am a huge Disney fan who is used to visiting at all times of the year. As fate would have it, however, my most recent trips have all ended up in the late fall/early winter. Well, a month ago I moved to Orlando and welcomed myself to the sunshine state with a trip to MK. Everywhere I turned there were people in bathing suits! I know it was hot out, but people were walking around with everything hanging out and, in my opinion, that's just not necessary. Try a light weight tank top... keeps you just as cool, but covers up a bit more. Being that this was my first trip in the summer heat in quite a while, I'm not sure if this has been a common problem lately or something new, but I was really surprised that they weren't being asked to put on a shirt.

Another huge pet peeve is cell phone use. I understand that the parks are large places and cells are very convenient ways to get in touch with others. I, myself, have been guilty of using them in lines or even as I sat down to eat. During this past trip to MK, though, a woman in the row behind me on IASW had the nerve to answer her phone on the ride... not just once, but twice!!! And she talked for at least a full minute each time. I understand that you have a group to meet up with, but I believe they can wait 4 minutes for you to get off the ride.
    ~Sarah~

A dream is a wish your heart makes....

"Tom Morrow, paging Mr. Tom Morrow. Your party from Saturn has arrived. Please give them a ring."

JLTraveling is offline C-Ticket Holder
    Quote Originally Posted by Cameo
    Everywhere I turned there were people in bathing suits! I know it was hot out, but people were walking around with everything hanging out and, in my opinion, that's just not necessary. Try a light weight tank top... keeps you just as cool, but covers up a bit more. Being that this was my first trip in the summer heat in quite a while, I'm not sure if this has been a common problem lately or something new, but I was really surprised that they weren't being asked to put on a shirt.
    Unfortunately, this seems to be the new uniform of choice at all the parks. I spent this summer working primarily at SeaWorld, and all I could figure is that people must have gotten confused and thought they were going to a water park...not just bikini tops with shorts, but bikini tops with bikini bottoms....with no coverup at all! Those of you who know me in person know I'm the furthest thing in the world from conservative, but I got tired of seeing people's flab jiggling in the breeze. It's especially bad at Dolphin Cove, when I have to stare at the rear ends of people who are bending over the interactive wall. For some reason though, bathing suits count as clothing as far as the powers that be are concerned. I agree with you on this one...cover it up people!!
    Last edited by JLTraveling; 08-16-2005 at 12:57 AM.

Page 7 of 59 FirstFirst ... 567891757 ... LastLast