Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Page 1 of 59 1231151 ... LastLast
Miscellaneous Discuss Disney Pet Peeves in the News & Rumors forums; Does anybody else have any pet peeves when it comes to all things Disney? I do! I know it's my ****-retentive side, but it bugs me when people misspell or ...
    dzneynut is offline Trivia Nut & Supplier of Games

Disney Pet Peeves

Does anybody else have any pet peeves when it comes to all things Disney?
    I do! I know it's my ****-retentive side, but it bugs me when people misspell or mislabel Disney attractions or restaurants or other locations.
    For example, people are always referring to the castle at WDW as Cinderella's Castle. It isn't her castle, it's Cinderella Castle! Another one that always irritates me is O'hanas! It's 'Ohana. I don't think you're going to find too many polynesian themed restaurants with an Irish name!
    It's hard not to correct these mistakes when you see them, but I usually refrain. What about everyone else, do you have a pet peeve when it comes to Disney, or do you have any other examples of what I'm talking about? Or, am I the only one?
    JamesD
    dzneynut@wdwradio.com

My DVD Profiler Collection

Future Disney Trips:
    Oct. 26-Nov. 2, 2013 staying at Beach Club Villas for my birthday and Food & Wine Festival!
    Nov. 2-9, 2013 for WDWRadio Cruise aboard the Disney Fantasy!

Joe Carioca is offline C-Ticket Holder
    1. Swiss Family Robinson is a movie, not a tree
    2. Tea cups are at the county fair, the Mad Tea Party is in Fantasyland
    3. Wanting to go see the Tree of Life, when they mean It's Tough to Be a Bug

But when I see an obviously first-time family actually calling things by their precise names, it makes me happier than not seeing anyone make any errors
    - Brant Wigginton

marty3d is offline Annual Passholder
    Does the fact that El Pirata Y El Pericho is always closed count? :pirate:

One of my pet peeves are sarcastic comments from people in the stand-by line to you when you're using a fast pass. It's free and you could of used it too!!! Chill.

marty3d is offline Annual Passholder
    I have some more:

1- People who smoke in the parks - especially in attraction lines. I used to smoke but I would never do it in non-smokig areas!

2 - Teenagers (and adults) who swear every second word! There are kids around!! (Funny - I've actually only noticed this since I started going with kids. I'm sure it used to happen before, but...)

3 - As above, people who have no clue about attraction or park names. "I went to Universal this morning - loved the Aerosmith Rock & Roll roller coaster!"

4 - "i love Disneyland" - DL is in California (I should know - i grew up there), this is Florida!! It's called Walt Disney WORLD!!

I'm sure I can come up with more!!

Loric is offline D-Ticket Holder
    At Epcot.. "Where's the castle?" and knowing in precisely that moment - that yes - they are oblivious, and yes, it was my job to explain it to them.

I'll clairfy..

People don't goto France and visit Paris and expect to just be able to wander through it aimlessly and be okay. They make plans, they read books, they get tour guides.

But every day people show up at WDW without a clue about where they are or what exactly the place is. I can understand not knowing your way around or even not knowing most of the attractions - but not knowing which park you're in?!?

MonorailFreak is offline A-Ticket holder
    Mine would have to be distinguishing between Disneyland and Disney World. The attraction rides don't steam me too much, unless people are stuck up about it and don'y listen to you when you try to correct them. I just got back from a marching band trip to DL, and I had to deal with all of these daily.

ripkensnana is offline A-Ticket holder
    Carousel only has one "r"...I cringe whenever I see "Cinderella's Golden Carrousel"....

Okay, so it's kinda petty...
    :mickey: Carol (Ripkensnana)) :mickey:

Jennifer2003 is offline B-Ticket Holder
    i have a friend going in March. She keeps saying..."we're not doing all the parks, just DisneyWorld."

IT'S THE MAGIC KINGDOM!!!!! ARGH!!!!

MickeyBabe is offline Lady Administrator..................... Sassy but Humble Parks Game Player
    As we like to say....

Some people Just don't get it.

and just let me say....

Welcome to the DWForums!

Loric, MonorailFreak, ripkensnana and Jennifer2003... Nice to have you here!

Last edited by MickeyBabe; 02-24-2004 at 06:51 PM.
    ~ Valerie
    WDWRadio.com Senior Staff - Site Administrator
    *)
    ..*) .*)
    (. (. * Faith Trust and Pixie Dust*

I'm a first day D23 Charter Member!

One man's Trivia is another man's Wisdom

Tomorrow'sChild is offline A-Ticket holder
    I have a tearing-out-your-hair example...

My marching band is going to WDW in three weeks, and we haven't been given an official itinerary (sp?) yet. I normally wouldn't be worried about this, except that our director, when asked by the parents what parade we would be marching in, informed them that "we'll be marching in the Main Street parade in EPCOT".
    Not only that, but when a couple of them (including my mother) tried to set him straight that not only is there no Main Street in EPCOT, there's no parade period (or, if you like, that the Main Street parade is not in EPCOT, but the Magic Kingdom), he insisted that was what he was told.

Now I'm afraid we're accidentally going to end up in Universal.

Originally posted by Tomorrow'sChild
    I have a tearing-out-your-hair example...

My marching band is going to WDW in three weeks, and we haven't been given an official itinerary (sp?) yet. I normally wouldn't be worried about this, except that our director, when asked by the parents what parade we would be marching in, informed them that "we'll be marching in the Main Street parade in EPCOT".
    Not only that, but when a couple of them (including my mother) tried to set him straight that not only is there no Main Street in EPCOT, there's no parade period (or, if you like, that the Main Street parade is not in EPCOT, but the Magic Kingdom), he insisted that was what he was told.

Now I'm afraid we're accidentally going to end up in Universal.
    You're doing Magic Music Days right? There's a good chance you will march through Epcot. There's no parade, but you'll essentially become one yourself. If not at Epcot, they'll have you do pre-parade at Magic Kingdom. Your director needs to get his head out of his rear and call someone to get the facts straight. I really recommend your mother or someone who can go tit for tat with him force the issue to be resolved. There's nothing worse than clueless "Directors" at WDW because they throw off preformance schedules and no one appreciates it. WDW is a well oiled machine not some local festival ground where they can change things on a whim if he shows up 3 hours late or at the wrong park, or yes, it happens, on the wrong day.

Tomorrow'sChild is offline A-Ticket holder
    Really? They have bands going through Epcot now? I didn't know that; the last time we went, we did pre-parade in the MK. Maybe he was told we're marching in Epcot, then, and just mixed up what he was saying. Thanks for the words of advice, though- I'll get someone to check it out.

Joe Carioca is offline C-Ticket Holder
    Originally posted by Jennifer2003
    i have a friend going in March. She keeps saying..."we're not doing all the parks, just DisneyWorld."

IT'S THE MAGIC KINGDOM!!!!! ARGH!!!!
    Did they maybe mean they aren't doing Sea World or Universal, just Disney World? If that's what they mean I would actually give them some medal of honor for being smart first timers .
    - Brant Wigginton

Lou Mongello is offline Lou Mongello (AKQJ10) - Disney Expert, Host, Author, Speaker and Entrepreneur
    Carousel only has one "r"...I cringe whenever I see "Cinderella's Golden Carrousel"....
    Actually, the correct name of the attraction IS Cinderella's Golden Carrousel with two Rs

Here's proof, right from the Mouse: Cinderellas Golden Carrousel Attraction Page

Lou Mongello
    Host, Author & Site Owner
    AKQJ10 >: 4 8 15 16 23 42

Page 1 of 59 1231151 ... LastLast