Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast
Miscellaneous Discuss Woman tries to bring gun into MK in the News & Rumors forums; Originally Posted by the7thAve Although he did it with a jerk attitude, I agree that the "no guns" policy can no longer be enforced based on the honor system. Every ...
    ohiodisneydad is offline Hi, my name is David and I like Beverly.
    Quote Originally Posted by the7thAve View Post
    Although he did it with a jerk attitude, I agree that the "no guns" policy can no longer be enforced based on the honor system. Every time someone goes nuts in a public place and starts shooting people it adds more grounds to the argument for metal detectors at WDW.

I know it would ruin some of the "magic" for some people (I don't like the idea myself) to have to go through a metal detector, but society must do whatever it takes to ensure the safety of innocent people, whether it's at a school, or at WDW. This past trip I noticed a lot more armed guards inside WDW than I did last year when I went. Maybe it's this armed security that should be carrying the guns inside WDW, not us? That's what they get paid to do, like the military. They get paid to carry guns and put themselves in danger, should the need arise, rather than the innocent vigilantes among us.
    (Obviously, the "armed security" comment doesn't apply to all public places where there aren't security guards with firearms)

I'm a big supporter of the 2nd, but if WDW doesn't want guns inside, they need to act like it and get metal detectors.
    Jerk attitude? not sure where that accusation came from but its kind of insulting. I agree that no one outside of trained professionals who are employed or contracted by WDW should have weapons. I for one do not carry in WDW but I do carry on my way to Florida while I am traveling and while we are out everywhere else, including Downtown Disney. I also carry a cell phone to contact local law enforcement and handcuffs to detain someone if needed as well as my badge which is easy to display.
    "Life is an occassion. Rise to it."- Mr. Magorium
    "Welcome Home"- Best words you'll ever hear when you check in at a Disney Resort

nicki12 is offline Disney Fan and Twilighter
    Quote Originally Posted by lilo88 View Post
    Thats what my point was, how do you forget something like this?!?!?
    When you have a gun you can not let it out of your sight at all times.

Nicole a.k.a. nicki12 ~ a Navy daughter
    Huge fan of the Twilight Series!
    "All your dreams can come true, if you have the courage to pursue them" - Walt Disney

Quote Originally Posted by princessariel View Post
    becaus seh also had a razor blade and a knife
    So? My dad is in his 60's and he carries a knife everywhere. My father in law carries one as well. They are both from a generation that carries pocket knives. I make it a habit now of looking at peoples pockets as I walk around. You'd be surprised how many knives I see in peoples pockets.

The razor blade is a little harder to explain but who knows what they meant by razor blade? Could have been a blade for a shaving razor. This woman should be punished no doubt but this thread has become mean and argumentative. It is obvious that we are all passionate about the world and I for one am mad that the real world is encroaching on someplace that I love. I don't want the real world to go in there becasue the real world can be a horrible place.
    "Welcome Home"- Best words you'll ever hear when you check in at a Disney Resort

You still have no right to bring a gun, razor blade, and knife to WDW.

"All your dreams can come true, if you have the courage to pursue them" - Walt Disney

Quote Originally Posted by nicki12 View Post
    You still have no right to bring a gun, razor blade, and knife to WDW.
    Unless Florida is different then other states and has an exception listed in its concealed carry law, it is up to the owner of Private Property to ban or allow concealed weapons. If its not posted you do have a right to carry it.

I still stick with what I think, sure you need self protection but keep somewhere safe and don't even bother to bring it on the trip if she is traveling with others. Other people can support her but there is nothing that will make me support her.

I still stick with what I think, sure you need self protection but keep somewhere safe and don't even bother to bring it on the trip if she is traveling with others. Other people can support her but there is nothing that will make me support her.
    And no one says you have too. You have the right to disagree with everyone about anything. Obvioulsy Disney has thought about this or they wouldn't have weapon lockers in front of the parks, which I never knew they had. I have carried a pocket knife into WDW but never a gun.

A pocket knife I am sort of okay with but the 3 things she brought I think was unneccesary.

Are you on an instant refresh? WHo knows what this woman was thinking or not thinking. Maybe she's a forgetful goof. I was working at our local juvenile court once and this lady came in in a wheel chair. When the officer looked behind her and pulled a bag she had behind her it was loaded with pot and pipes. SHe was strange to begin with and said she forgot. I believed that part but it didnt change the fact that she broke the law.

No I am not on instant refresh.

HauntedGabe is offline Where'd she go???
    I said it, my comments in light blue, yours in gold shading, and I was one too for many, many years I guess we just have different opinions on where the work day ends and my thoughts came from the posted reply:

"How long would it have take for the local sheriff's office to respond? Disney needs replace it security department or supplement it with a dedicated police department."

I respectfully disagree nor am I in a position to make that evaluation or recommendation. I maybe getting older and hopefully wiser (dreams) but I believe Disney in conjunction with the Fed's have major security plans we guests just do not see nor do they broadcast or make public. To date I'm not just seeing the need for security to be replaced or Orange County Officers stationed to be removed for a dedicated police department. Different opinions make the World go around, (pun intended). Off topic, sorry again, I was feeding off your reply. Sorry for having an different opinion, I guess. I promise to drive carefully as I drive through your fair city to see my sister, a profesor at Miami of Ohio. I'm a like'n England philosophy, nobody can have them. How they pulled that off I wonder? Admirable.

echoscot is offline D-Ticket Holder
    One clarification...It was a pair of scissors not a razor blade......

No I am not on instant refresh.
    I was making a small joke to lighten the mood in here.

Quote Originally Posted by echoscot View Post
    One clarification...It was a pair of scissors not a razor blade......
    Ok, I stand corrected. I think one of the articles I found states it was a razor blade. I'll have to go look at it again.

Quote Originally Posted by HauntedGabe View Post
    I said it, my comments in light blue, yours in gold shading, and I was one too for many, many years I guess we just have different opinions on where the work day ends and my thoughts came from the posted reply:

"How long would it have take for the local sheriff's office to respond? Disney needs replace it security department or supplement it with a dedicated police department."

I respectfully disagree nor am I in a position to make that evaluation or recommendation. I maybe getting older and hopefully wiser (dreams) but I believe Disney in conjunction with the Fed's have major security plans we guests just do not see nor do they broadcast or make public. To date I'm not just seeing the need for security to be replaced or Orange County Officers stationed to be removed for a dedicated police department. Different opinions make the World go around, (pun intended). Off topic, sorry again, I was feeding off your reply. Sorry for having an different opinion, I guess. I promise to drive carefully as I drive through your fair city to see my sister, a profesor at Miami of Ohio. I'm a like'n England philosophy, nobody can have them. How they pulled that off I wonder? Admirable.
    I'm a Miami Alum! As far as guns in the UK, I wouldn't say no one could have em. The IRA still gets guns in N. Ireland but they don't let the Bobbies carry them on duty. I thought I read somewhere that gun crime is on the rise in Europe.

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast