Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast
Miscellaneous Discuss Woman tries to bring gun into MK in the News & Rumors forums; I just heard on the news that a woman tried to bring a gun into the MK ,but security found the fully loaded gun along with a razer blade and ...
    lilo88 is offline DisneyWorldTrivia.com Lifetime Pass

Angry Woman tries to bring gun into MK

I just heard on the news that a woman tried to bring a gun into the MK ,but security found the fully loaded gun along with a razer blade and knife. She said she forgot she had the gun. But thank goodness that the security found all of these things and the woman was arrested.
    Tiffany~o ~ D23 member

Sufferer of Disney Vacation Depression

97'~French Quarter, 99'~CBR, 01'~Movies, 03'~Music/PORriverside/DCL, 05'~POP, 06'~Movies, 08'~Movies, 09'~Disneyland/ Embassy Suites Irvine/ 10'~Music, 12'~LBV Best Western Disney View

nicks10 is offline @nick_straka
    Some people are just plain ridiculous and have no concept of the world. And I'm hearing this after I just saw this Campus Alert - NIU - Northern Illinois University
    -Nick

"Here you leave today and enter the world of yesterday, tomorrow and fantasy"

HauntedGabe is offline Where'd she go???
    I used to work security at O'hare, there is nothing worse than finding (and I have) a gun in a bag, talk about stomach in your toes. I have a kid CPing at WDW now and so many friends of the CP'er at NIU, as it is a stone throw from here. Nervous Moms everywhere.

Really? I didnt know there were any other Huskies on DWT! Its a small world afterall...
    -Nick

Sorria is offline Fastpass Holder
    Good thing they found it.

Though personally, I'm kinda surprised they did. There's so many times I've gone to disney and the security either doesn't look through the bag thoroughly or they leave compartments of my bags completely unchecked....don't even ask me to open them. Not to mention they don't check the person's clothes or anything. You can hide a lot of stuff in baggy and/or multiple/pocketed cargo-type pans.

Quote Originally Posted by nicks10 View Post
    Some people are just plain ridiculous and have no concept of the world. And I'm hearing this after I just saw this Campus Alert - NIU - Northern Illinois University
    I totally agree with you some people have no respect for themselves or others. What is this world coming to. Most of the times they always check our bags really good and tho its a wait I have no problem with it because it keeps us safe. If it wasn't for Disney then I wouldn't have a happy place in this world.
    Tiffany~o ~ D23 member

97'~French Quarter, 99'~CBR, 01'~Movies, 03'~Music/PORriverside/DCL, 05'~POP, 06'~Movies, 08'~Movies, 09'~Disneyland/ Embassy Suites Irvine/ 10'~Music, 12'~LBV Best Western Disney View

HauntedGabe is offline Where'd she go???
    Quote Originally Posted by nicks10 View Post
    Sorry to hear this morning that they sealed up your school this morning and canceled finals, delaying the to Friday. So many life's disrupted, safety first. Parents everywhere taking a deep breathe and hoping all the students and staff will be safe at NIU. A different type of education you'll be receiving this week, sad. If I were a Jeannie I'd zap you all to the MK, you all could use a dose of Pixie Dust. Bless you all and stay safe.

echoscot is offline D-Ticket Holder
    I know that from working at WDW, they always ask up front if you have any weapons on your person or in your baggage. If you respond positively, then security asks if you would be willing to lock them in your car for the day or someone from security will fill out a holding tag, and they will keep the weapons in a gun safe in security at the park for the day. At the end of your visit they direct you where to report in order to reclaim your items.

I think that is more than fair.

There is no way that someone "forgot" they had a loaded gun. And a stored gun should never be loaded. That is common safety practice, a violation of both the law and most gun owner associations policies. Sounds like this woman was just plain stupid.

princessariel is offline Fastpass Holder
    Who tries to take that to a park!?!?!?
    Summer '83-Off Site

Dec '95- Shades Of Green

March '03-All Star Movies

March '06-All Star Movies

October '07-POFQ

March '10-POFQ

March '13 POFQ

June '14 POFQ

Nov'14 All Star Sports-F&WF W&D 1/2 Marathon!

echoscot is offline D-Ticket Holder
    Although I have never owned a gun myself, I know many people who do. More than one of them keeps them on their person with the appropriate permit, and that is because it makes them feel more secure. With the recent mall shootings and stuff, I sometimes can't blame them. I often wish for something to defend myself.

I don't think this woman had such noble motivations though.

Quote Originally Posted by echoscot View Post
    I know that from working at WDW, they always ask up front if you have any weapons on your person or in your baggage. If you respond positively, then security asks if you would be willing to lock them in your car for the day or someone from security will fill out a holding tag, and they will keep the weapons in a gun safe in security at the park for the day. At the end of your visit they direct you where to report in order to reclaim your items.

I think that is more than fair.

There is no way that someone "forgot" they had a loaded gun. And a stored gun should never be loaded. That is common safety practice, a violation of both the law and most gun owner associations policies. Sounds like this woman was just plain stupid.
    I never knew WDW had such a thing as a gun safe to store peoples guns and wepons. Its great they do. Yeah I agree with you I find it hard to belive someone "forgot" about a loaded gun .
    Tiffany~o ~ D23 member

Quote Originally Posted by HauntedGabe View Post
    Sorry to hear this morning that they sealed up your school this morning and canceled finals, delaying the to Friday. So many life's disrupted, safety first. Parents everywhere taking a deep breathe and hoping all the students and staff will be safe at NIU. A different type of education you'll be receiving this week, sad. If I were a Jeannie I'd zap you all to the MK, you all could use a dose of Pixie Dust. Bless you all and stay safe.
    Yeah, its pretty ridiculous that one individual can inconvenience so many other people's lives, but luckily I didnt have any finals today anyway.
    -Nick

Cinderella2 is offline Thrilled to know there are others who sparkle!
    Oh my, that is crazy. I'm not all that far from you, keeping my fingers crossed nothing happens at Northern today, or ever really.
    Sending you a little pixie dust, and the crazy people who are keeping you all from your normal lives. They probably need it!
    Dreams Really Do Come True

I heartpeterpan is offline "Just Keep Swimming"
    can you say crazy pshyco - i cant believe people these days what possesses them to do such insane things >??? People just can make me so mad when they try to endanger the lives of others especially young children!
    Disney Family Vacation 2006 -POP Century

Disney Honeymoon 2007- Dolphin

Disney Graduation/Anniversary Celebration 2010 Caribbean Beach

johncorky5787 is offline A-Ticket holder
    Umm. Florida Concealed Carry License? No one mentioned if she had one or not. I, like thousands of others in Florida and perhaps 35-40 other states, have one. I carry a loaded pistol all of the time. I am not allowed to bring one into specific locations such as schools or government buildings, but theme parks? I would not have thought twice. I've never pulled a gun, pointed it at someone, threatened to shoot anyone or even mention it.

I get defensive as the news makes such an issue over what is probably nothing. If she had no license, she violated the law. Otherwise, people carry guns all day long. Most state's licenses carry reciprocity.

Let me just present this food for thought. If some nut began shooting up people in Disney, would anyone have complained if this lady shot the shooter? Remember, the highest crime rate can be found in Washington DC. It is a gun-free zone.

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast