Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Miscellaneous Discuss Funny/Embarassing Moments at WDW? in the News & Rumors forums; Not sure if there's a thread on this already or not, but I figured it would be an interesting topic. How many of you have embarassing moments that have happened ...
    Sorria is offline Fastpass Holder

Funny/Embarassing Moments at WDW?

Not sure if there's a thread on this already or not, but I figured it would be an interesting topic. How many of you have embarassing moments that have happened to you at WDW?

Here's mine:

1. We went to Epcot for my 16th birthday. My mother went with us, and I brought along my best friend. The day was great, besides seeing some guy in a black dress at the Circle of Life movie, and we were now back in World Showcase. When we got to Norway, it is my costum that I always have to try out the Lalia perfume, even though I have a bottle at home. When we were in the perfume portion of the store, some strange old man came up to me and said in a faiarly loud voice, "Smell me!!" Ummm, okay. He asked me if he smeeled good, and wanting to be nice I said "Sure", did an about face and walked quickly in the other direction. It wasn't a polite "Does this smell good?" type of encouter, it was very um, suggestive. Nasty old man.

2. This one happened last year. My mother, adoptive sister and I were staying at Disney and were fixing to leave the Magic Kingdom to go back to our hotel. On the way out we got an ice cream on Main Street and ate it by one of the shops. My sister and I were sitting down and my mother was standing next to me. It wasn't particularly hot that day, but the next thing I know is that my mothers' scoop of butter pecan ice cream lands on my shoulder and procedes to roll all the way down my black Haunted Mansion shirt. My mother, in an attempt to recover her fallen ice cream is clawing at me trying to recover her tumbling scoop of icecream before it hits the ground. Amazingly, she catches it and puts it back in her cone. I got all mad at her for dropping her ice cream all over my black shirt where everyone can see this nice ice cream stain. We all go back to eating our ice cream and I take a lick at mine and it tumbles out of the cone and splats right on the ground. By this time I'd had it. (I got another free ice cream and cookie after we told a CM what happened). If my sister had started laughing at me I told her I would have taken her ice cream and shoved it into her face. I didn't do it, but looking back I think it would have been comical.

disneydame2004 is offline Celebrate Everyday!
    There are threads like this already, but they have gotten rather dusty:
    Embarassing moments: http://www.disneyworldtrivia.com/for...w-moments.html
    Funniest moments: http://www.disneyworldtrivia.com/for...ories-wdw.html

The old man in the perfume store sounded creepy!
    -Pat (Disneydame2004)
    Dream Team Auction Coordinator

Help make a child smile! Dream Team Project Firstgiving Page

mattj4226 is offline Fastpass Holder
    I've had 2 that I can remember:

1) I was picked to be in the Hot Seat at Who Wants to be a Millionaire, and I needed to Ask the Audience on the $100 question. It was something about what Jill did after Jack fell down and broke his crown. After I locked in the answer the host started shouting the rhyme to the audience and then they shouted back "And Jill came tumbling after!" I was very embarassed! But, I came out at 64,000, so I didn't do to bad.

2) I was walking around a store in Epcot (I think Mousegear) and I had a pin lanyard in my hand. Well, I kept walking around until finally we decided to go to Figment. When we got there, I looked down, and I still had the lanyard in my hand. We ran back to the store and explained what happend. They understood, but it was still embarassing.
    - Matt
    Allaboutthemouseketeer #155
    http://anotherdisney.blogspot.com/
    http://mattspoliticalrants.blogspot.com/

2009 & 2010 WDW Half Marathons, 2009 Disneyland Half Marathon,

Next Visit to the World: March '09 for Princess Half Marathon Weekend?

wdwforever is offline B-Ticket Holder
    December 2004 I went with three friends our senior year. I had never ridden splash mountain,i hate drops, anyways since it is a 50ft drop my friends jokingly kept telling me it was only a 5ft. drop. While in line there are these posters about the 50 ft. drop and they would cover up the zero and say "oh look a 5 ft. drop". We still laugh about that!

HiddenMick is offline C-Ticket Holder
    Well, I wasn't the emabarrased one but it was still funny.

We were staying at the All-Star Music Resort and our room number was 9633. We went to our room to check in and after we left we went to MK. We were walking to POTC when my dad asked what are room number was. I told him, and he said that was absolutely impossible because since we were on the third floor our room # couldn't start with nine. I told him he was wrong, and we argued about it all day. It didn't ruin the magic, though, because I knew I was right and he "knew" he was so it didn't really bother either of us. Finally, at 11 the park closed, we took a Motorcoach back to the hotel and I lead the way to the room, and before I put the Room Key in and kept implying what room number it was. My dad avoided my gaze and as soon as I oipened the door he ran in, trying to avoid my obviously foreshadowed, "I told you so," My mom said" Well, you do know he's gonna try to talk his way out of being wrong, right?" If we were to ask him about this incident today he'll change the subject, seeing as he was 40 and I 10 at the time!!! I bragged SO much, he threatened to ground me.

But I didn't care. I HAD JUST OUTWITTED MY DAD!!!
    Can't run away from Trouble, ain't no place that far.

Haha! My mom once told a CM that there was a "hurt" baby kangaroo lying in the bushes. The CM looked at her kind of funny, but indulged her. When my mom pointed it out to her, the CM said with a chuckle, "Ma'am, that's a rabbit!" My mom was embarassed. The rabbit was just sitting there with its legs lying along the ground, but my mom thought it's legs were broken. In defense of my mother, the rabbit did have a very long nose and ears and was sort of skinny so it did look somewhat like a kangaroo.

Also during the same trip and again with my mom, we were all standing near the fountain of nations at Epcot when the Fountain stared to dance. So we decided to watch. When the finale came, a whole bunch of water shot up in to the air. When it was up there, a gust of wind pushed it away from the fountain and down toward the ground, right where we were standing. We all go running for cover, except for my mom, who is still standing there looking at the ball. We tried to warn her, but she didn't listen. Then SPLASH!!! She looked like she had just had a bucket of water thrown on her. She was soaked!
    - Matt

I hate it when the wind blows all the water away from the fountain. ESPECIALLY on cold days.

I just can't help but wonder, why would your mom think there would be a Kangaroo in Florida???

I have no idea. She just did. I guess she thought that Disney had put one there. I don't know!
    - Matt

Kellie19891992 is offline Annual Passholder
    That i forgot where the magical express bus was at MCO

Quote Originally Posted by mattj4226 View Post
    I have no idea. She just did. I guess she thought that Disney had put one there. I don't know!
    A kangaroo in a theme park... shouldn't that be illegal cuz the kangaroo could bite someone???