Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Miscellaneous Discuss What's so great about Tink? in the News & Rumors forums; For all you fans of Tinkerbell, please convince me that she's worthy of all the attention she's getting! She's quite mean in Peter Pan and I just don't understand why ...
    sbmmickey is offline A-Ticket holder

What's so great about Tink?

For all you fans of Tinkerbell, please convince me that she's worthy of all the attention she's getting! She's quite mean in Peter Pan and I just don't understand why people love her so much. With the rumors that she will be in a character greeting soon, I'd really like to know!

Keasmom is offline DisneyWorldTrivia.com Lifetime Pass
    Well, Tink is unafraid to be a female. She shows us all that we can be bad, but loved. She shows us how to go for what we want, even if we don't get it. She is unashamed to be uniquely her, and her bad temper is a lot like most of us who just keep it under a thin veneer of civility. She has the ability to fly, wish we did, and she is fashion conscious. Like most women, she will argue a point- even if it is wrong-then go home and have a good cry. Basically she is the epitome of the female paradox, and that is why we love her. She represents the us we really are, but are unable to publically show in the confines of an allegedly polite society.

That is, of course, strictly my reason for liking Tink. Maybe some of the other more well schooled Disney Ladies have better thoughts.

Tinker Bell is offline DisneyWorldTrivia.com Lifetime Pass
    Couldn't have said it better!

(I had to make sure this thread wasn't about me, cuz you know, It's All About Me.)

coasterfreak516 is offline Fastpass Holder
    Tink is also a cultural icon. I mean she is one of the most bought characters on merchandise sold through out the parks. Wither we like her or not, she ain't going no-where.

tarynkelly is offline Waiting for Paris Mousemeet in Dec 2009!!!!! Woo Hoo
    Scurrying back to my closet before Debs catches me!!
    Quote Originally Posted by Tinker Bell View Post
    Couldn't have said it better!

(I had to make sure this thread wasn't about me, cuz you know, It's All About Me.)

Hey!! You don't have to be nice 24/7 to be great you know!!
    I don't know any ladies who don't have the odd off day, and I think that is why Tink appeals to so many of us.
    We can't all be Kerry ya know

Cinderella2 is offline Thrilled to know there are others who sparkle!
    Well said, Taryn!
    Dreams Really Do Come True

disneycrazy1956 is offline Fastpass Holder
    Growing up watching Walt Disney's Wonderful World of Color with Tinkerbell opening every show with color splashes over the castle scene how could you not like her. We always watched it every Sunday on my Grandparents brand new color TV. Yes, I know I'm dating myself. We could never afford to go to Disneyland when I was growing up, but we could dream and it only took me until 1990 to get to WDW for the first time. My DW loves Disney almost as much as I do, but the DD is over the top. A true Tinkerbell fanatic; even at 21.
    "I just want it to look like nothing else in the world... and it should be surrounded by a train" -Walt Disney.
    90 CB, 92 DI, 94 CR, 97 FWC, 99 CS, 00 CS, 02 CS, 04 POR, 05 POR, 07 POR, 08 POFQ, 09 POR, 11 POR.

LockShockBarrel is offline C-Ticket Holder
    even though i'm not a big tink fan, i have to agree with you. she definitely has that "i'm a chick, got a problem with it?'' attitude. there's actually quite a running theme of women casting off traditional thinking if you look for it.

ariel: doesn't want to give into her father's wishes

esmeralda: uses her sensuality to her advantage
    belle: doesn't care if she's a nerd
    jasmine: wants to run from her sheltered spoiled life
    jessica rabbit: nuff said
    mulan: fights "the man" (lol)
    pocahontas: doesn't want to just be a wife
    elizabeth swann: a girl pirate (which you don't see many of)

and this is just off the top of my head. it shows a change in cultural beliefs, i think, because if you look at snow white from so many years ago the pretty girl wanted nothing but her prince charming. if that was made with today's thinking, snow would kick the witch's evil booty.

Tmntrans is offline Fastpass Holder
    Tink is Tuff ,pouting , mad -get even teenager... Want to know what makes her so special is to read the Disney produced trilogy of Peter Pan by Ridley Pearson
    Start with Star Catchers. She really is a tuff bird (literally) !!! Oh yeah you'll never look at Hook the same again either!!LOL

sbmmickey is offline A-Ticket holder
    Ok. You've convinced me! Thanks for all the answers! I've changed my mind about her, and look forward to meeting her soon!

Veritas is offline Real Men Dig the Mouse
    She flies! That maxes out the coolness quotient as far as I am concerned! if only she were a little bigger and could fly certain commodities in ffrom say ...t Canada...(Couuld Tink acyally airlift a six pack?)
    Veri S&B LLC WHAFTFCOL

SITTM, No Retreat, No Surrender!

Our Highly Trained Experts Are Always Prepared To "Assist" You.

HiddenMick is offline C-Ticket Holder
    Tink is small, and size matters not. So it proves you could be a pain in the a** to the only person that's really your friend and probably the one who gave you your dress, even if he's bigger than you.
    Can't run away from Trouble, ain't no place that far.