Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Miscellaneous Discuss Have you been to Disneyland Paris? in the News & Rumors forums; Well, have you? And how does it compare? I'd like to go, as we wont be going to Florida for a few years, but hubby isn't keen as he thinks ...
    tasha36 is offline Dreaming....

Have you been to Disneyland Paris?

Well, have you? And how does it compare? I'd like to go, as we wont be going to Florida for a few years, but hubby isn't keen as he thinks it will be a disapointment. Is he right?
    Tasha

1981 - Offsite
    1983 - Offsite
    1987 - Offsite
    1990 - Offsite
    1993 - Offsite
    2002 - All Star Movies
    2006 - Coronado Springs
    2007 - Port Orleans French Quarter
    2013 - Port Orleans French Quarter
    2014 - Whole family trip! (Thanks Dad!)
    2015 - Three trips in a row?? Fingers crossed

lilo88 is offline DisneyWorldTrivia.com Lifetime Pass
    I have never been.... but have always wanted to go. It looks nice, and if it isn't great then you can go and explore Paris! Good Luck!
    Tiffany~ºoº ~ D23 member

Sufferer of Disney Vacation Depression

97'~French Quarter, 99'~CBR, 01'~Movies, 03'~Music/PORriverside/DCL, 05'~POP, 06'~Movies, 08'~Movies, 09'~Disneyland/ Embassy Suites Irvine/ 10'~Music, 12'~LBV Best Western Disney View

mini-V is offline Home at last near Mickey!
    We went in October 2005 and we will be going back in March 2008 - yup 50+ days. It's smaller than WDW, but so is Disneyland. A few rides are bigger; It's A Small World (at least has an impressive exterior), Space Mountain, and POTC. I hear rumors that Disney is having trouble keeping Disneyland Paris as clean as WDW. I don't know if they mean the hotels or the parks. I guess I'll be finding that out fairly soon. The hotel we stayed at was more European in feel than I expected. You can ask for a hair dryer, but as busy as the desk was 24 hr a day, I didn't even attempt to ask for one. I'll bring my own this time. We had some great meals in our hotel, but dd and dh didn't care for what they ordered in the restaurant in POTC. I didn't think DLP had the same CM feel as WDW, but my dd didn't agree. If you have small children, I think DLP is a good starting point since it's not as large to cover and it's a walk across a parking lot to get to Studios. I loved Cinniamagic (sp) in Studios. if you go from the UK, be sure to take Eurostar directly to DLP. We went as far as Paris and took local trains out to DLP. I was not a fun trip hauling suitcases on and off the trains.
    mini-V What will you celebrate?

Adult daycare for the kid inside you.

tasha36 is offline Dreaming....
    Probably a stupid question, but is everything in French? Ride narration and stuff like that? We both speak enough French to get by on holiday, but does the language spoil the rides?
    Tasha

1981 - Offsite
    1983 - Offsite
    1987 - Offsite
    1990 - Offsite
    1993 - Offsite
    2002 - All Star Movies
    2006 - Coronado Springs
    2007 - Port Orleans French Quarter
    2013 - Port Orleans French Quarter
    2014 - Whole family trip! (Thanks Dad!)
    2015 - Three trips in a row?? Fingers crossed

mini-V is offline Home at last near Mickey!
    As I recall it's bi-lingeal because I don't speak any French, I'm still learning some Spanish, and I wasted a year in high school going through the motions of learning Germany not realizing how really handy it would be later in life and I don't recall being made to feel that I didn't know what was happening. They do the intro in French, and then repeat things in English. Sign-age is in French and English. DD speaks French fairly well. She would order in French. The waiter would reply in English. She'd reply in English and he'd go back to French. As someone on the sidelines, it was pretty funny.
    mini-V What will you celebrate?

Adult daycare for the kid inside you.

castmember is offline A-Ticket holder
    I went to DLP last October after not going for a lot of years (like 7) and this time we took our little boy. Well he loved it and of course the size and scope means that it is much less hectic than trying to do all of WDW in a week! It was crazy busy though (even though it was mid-week and not a school holiday) but the weather was beautiful and it does help.

The park itself is full of amazing details and touches that WDW doesn't have (like a dragon under the castle) and the costumes are gorgeous. The daytime parade was the best-quality parade we've seen in any Disney park, too.

So no, it isn't a disappointment (unless you get horrible weather which is very possible in winter/spring) but it is different. The main thing though is that you don't always get the level of service that you were used to at Florida and sometimes they can be quite short - but again, it WAS quite busy so sometimes the CMs were more focused on getting things done than on being courteous. It's not an excuse either (and I did complain about it) but be aware.

You will be fine with the language as most important stuff is said in English and French but ocasionally you will get on a ride that is only in French. It didn't affect our enjoyment of the park though and my French is very, very rusty!
    Claudia