Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Miscellaneous Discuss Is it cool or not? in the News & Rumors forums; To wear Disney shirts of any kind to the parks on vacation? I just want to see where you guys stand on this because I've talked to a few people ...
    DisneyLove28 is offline Just your average Disney Princess!

Question Is it cool or not?

To wear Disney shirts of any kind to the parks on vacation?

I just want to see where you guys stand on this because I've talked to a few people and some think it's okay while some think it's similar to wearing a shirt with an artist who you're seeing in concert. What do you guys think?
    ~*~...it's a small world after all...~*~

- [ The Dirty Dozen ] -
    November 2005

C'mon everybody! Let's all clap our hands and dance in a circle!

coasterfreak516 is offline Fastpass Holder
    I never got wearing a Cedar Point t-shirt at Six Flags or Six Flags t-shirt at another park, let alone a non Disney-Park shirt, theme park related shirt in Walt Disney World. It always grinded my gears when other people would do it. Anyway, I love to wear Disney shirts, at least I don't have to worry about offending someone or even getting a Kurt Warner #13 jersey forced to be turned inside out because of the MS-13 gang. I mean come on, it's a sports jersey. It's entirely a safe bet that can also get you some interesting cast member interaction. Case in point my Pumba "It wasn't me" t-shirt.
    AllAbouttheMouseketeer #224-Michael K. from Buckeye, Arizona

Stays at Walt Disney World
    July 1995: Shades of Green
    April 2000: All Star Sports (Baseball)
    March 2001: All Star Music (Rock)
    January 2006: All Star Movies (Mighty Ducks)
    May 2006: Saratoga Springs (Congress Park)
    March 2007: Saratoga Springs (Paddock)
    August 2007: Port Orleans: French Quarter
    June 2008: Saratoga Springs (Springs)

August 2009: Saratoga Springs

Stays at Disneyland
    May 2008: Grand Californian
    December 2008: Grand Californian

June 2009: Radison/Disneyland Hotel

Working for the Walt Disney Company
    Jan-Aug '07: MGM(Sunset/Lucasland/Backlot)
    Aug '08-May '09: GCC College Program Rep

May '09: EPCOT

Sorria is offline Fastpass Holder
    I don't see a problem with it. :/

My uncle gets free tickets to Universal Studios sometimes and invitied us to go once. I'm not a fan of Universal, never have been. I said the only way I'd ever go to Universal again was in a Disney shirt....just to stir things up. Anyways we ended up not going. I wouldn't see a problem with it, but that's me.

I've also worn Disney shirts to the Diseny parks. I've actually gotten a lot of cast member and guest reaction....people asking me where I bought the shirt form or people seeing my Dory shirt and coming up to me and saying how much they love Dory and Finding Nemo.

In short, I wouldn't have a problem wearing a Disney-T at any park. Who cares what others think.
    Last edited by Sorria; 02-25-2008 at 11:43 AM.
    Upcoming Trips to WDW:

Dec 6-10: Disney Wonder
    Dec 10-19: Port Orleans French Quarter

mritty is offline Fastpass Holder
    "Who cares?" is my best answer. Yes, I wear my Disney shirts while at Walt Disney World. I frankly don't really care if anyone who sees me thinks it's "lame" or whatever. I am never going to see any of these people ever again, and so I have no reason to care what they think of me or my choice of outfit.

Worrying about being "cool" while at Disney is not productive towards enjoying your vacation, imho.

disneydame2004 is offline Celebrate Everyday!
    Looking at my wardrobe, I think my choices are "wear a Disney shirt," "wear a DWT shirt," or "wear no shirt at all". So I hope it's okay to wear Disney shirts!
    -Pat (Disneydame2004)
    Dream Team Auction Coordinator

Help make a child smile! Dream Team Project Firstgiving Page

Quote Originally Posted by disneydame2004 View Post
    "wear no shirt at all"
    I think they'd prefer a Universal shirt over that Pat!

HauntedGabe is offline Where'd she go???
    Quote Originally Posted by disneydame2004 View Post
    "wear no shirt at at all
    Quote Originally Posted by disneydreamer98 View Post
    I think they'd prefer a Universal shirt over that Pat!

I have to agree!

albino_pygmy is offline The voice of the Jungle
    Nothing wrong with wearing whatever you'd like. Although it does seem a bit out of place to be wearing a Universal shirt at disney, or the ears while visiting Universal, people still do it all the time. The thing that does kinda get on my nerves is when people walk around Universal with any Disney shopping bags. It really confuses everyone that see these people walking around with Disney stuff at Universal and wonder how come there is no mouse over there, or any mouse related souveneirs? It's already bad enough people think Disney owns Universal or mix up attractions, ie: Spiderman has to be somewhere at MGM, er, Hollywood Studios or Tower of Terror at Universal Studios.

Disney05 is offline Premium Annual Passholder
    I always wear my Mickey shirts at the World. Dunno, seems appropriate.
    When you wish upon a star.....
    LAUGHTER IS TIMELESS, IMAGINATION HAS NO AGE AND DREAMS ARE FOREVER.
    Adults are only kids grown up, anyway. WD
    ...That's the real trouble with the world. Too many people grow up. WD
    "For those who get it, no explanation is necessary. For those who don't, no explanation will do."

http://wdwhomesick.wordpress.com/

MandaBella is offline "She who must be loved."
    Quote Originally Posted by DisneyLove28 View Post
    To wear Disney shirts of any kind to the parks on vacation?

I just want to see where you guys stand on this because I've talked to a few people and some think it's okay while some think it's similar to wearing a shirt with an artist who you're seeing in concert. What do you guys think?
    Who are these people you talking to?
    Amanda
    always plotting, planning, and looking forward to our next adventure...

Tinkgirl is offline Thanks for the Memories :3
    Quote Originally Posted by mritty View Post
    "Who cares?" is my best answer. Yes, I wear my Disney shirts while at Walt Disney World. I frankly don't really care if anyone who sees me thinks it's "lame" or whatever. I am never going to see any of these people ever again, and so I have no reason to care what they think of me or my choice of outfit.

Worrying about being "cool" while at Disney is not productive towards enjoying your vacation, imho.
    Yes
    My big brother Dominic thinks that I look silly in My ears.SO?#1I like them, 2#Other kids wear them and #3 it'll make the Cast Members happy.But still I DON'T CARE!I like them and you can't do nothang about it!
    And yes I do think wearing Disney Shirts are cool.And I think that it's stupid when people wear like Islands of adventure shirts to Disney.
    TinkGirl
    2007-2009
    I may come back full swing one day, foolish mortals, maybe one day.

DisneyLove28 is offline Just your average Disney Princess!
    Quote Originally Posted by mritty View Post

Well I understand that and I don't care about what people think about it either. I was just starting a topic and curious as to what everyone's opinion on this was. I figured where better to discuss it then on here, ya know? Everybody's different so I didn't know what all you guys thought about it.

Quote Originally Posted by MandaBella View Post
    Who are these people you talking to?
    Definitely not Disney nuts like all of us, I'll tell you that much. I was just curious to see the responses, though and they obviously differ from a few of my friend's opinions.
    ~*~...it's a small world after all...~*~

- [ The Dirty Dozen ] -
    November 2005

C'mon everybody! Let's all clap our hands and dance in a circle!

Keasmom is offline DisneyWorldTrivia.com Lifetime Pass
    Wear what fits-coverage, ladies and gentlemen, is a must, and what you like. I wear ears in the park and could care less what anyone thinks, I also wear whatever shirt with whichever character and as long as it is appropriate (not obscene or offensive). Just be comfortable with your choice, that's really all that matters, well, and coverage. (kidding)
    P.U.S.H.-A mantra MOST will not understand.

Disney rocks, Walt was a genius.

mini-V is offline Home at last near Mickey!
    Wow! I always thought that wearing Disney gear at a park WAS THE place to wear it. Silly me! And like Gae, my wardrobe is getting down to Disney shirt or .... Disney shirt. Now, I anticipate some flack when I don my mouse ears at the end of my dh retirement ceremony....and I don't care! I am far more offended by clothing that has rude logo/words or too small for the figure it's on.
    mini-V What will you celebrate?

Adult daycare for the kid inside you.

MandaBella is offline "She who must be loved."
    Quote Originally Posted by DisneyLove28 View Post

Definitely not Disney nuts like all of us, I'll tell you that much. I was just curious to see the responses, though and they obviously differ from a few of my friend's opinions.
    I realize they aren't Disney nuts, but even non-Disney fans that I know would expect to see Disney clothing in WDW. As it has already been pointed out, if you can't/don't/shouldn't wear Disney clothing in WDW...where else do they think you should wear it?
    Amanda
    always plotting, planning, and looking forward to our next adventure...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast