Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Miscellaneous Discuss Mission: Space non-spinning? in the News & Rumors forums; We are going to Disney World is a few day and my little brother is a little scard of MS, so I told him I would ride the non-spinning version ...
    redheadbrown is offline Annual Passholder

Mission: Space non-spinning?

We are going to Disney World is a few day and my little brother is a little scard of MS, so I told him I would ride the non-spinning version with him. I love the spinning version, beings that's the thrill. Is the non-spinning any fun...at all?
    -Zac

BamaJenn is offline Disnerd
    We loved Mission Space when we rode it together as did my step-son when he rode it with my husband. Then I got pregnant and had my son so I haven't ridden it since the new version popped up. But... this past June my husband rode it with my step-son again. They both decided to give the "green" version a try since it was new and they already knew they liked the original. They came off the ride smiling and laughing and said it was awesome. My husband said he swears it felt no different than the spinning version. My step-son (who is 15 and loves thrill rides) said it was actually better than the spinning version because it was all the fun without the "oh my god don't turn your head" thing. Hope that helps!
    Sometimes all you need is a reminder that out there lies a better place... a better world... a Walt Disney World.
    Visited In: 1983, 1988, 1989 x2, 1991, 1992, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2006 (passholder), 2007 (x2 x3), 2008, 2009 (x2), 2010, 2011 (x2)
    “Detail is there to make you believe in the reality of the story you’re immersed in.” - Joe Rohde
    Avatar Image Used with Permission from °O°Joe

Tinker Bell is offline DisneyWorldTrivia.com Lifetime Pass
    I only ride the green version and think it is a lot of fun. It is even more fun when you get into it and play along. My 5yr old loved it, we rode it a bunch of times in a row last summer since there was no wait.

BamaJenn is offline Disnerd
    Yeah that's another benefit... no wait.
    Sometimes all you need is a reminder that out there lies a better place... a better world... a Walt Disney World.
    Visited In: 1983, 1988, 1989 x2, 1991, 1992, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2006 (passholder), 2007 (x2 x3), 2008, 2009 (x2), 2010, 2011 (x2)
    “Detail is there to make you believe in the reality of the story you’re immersed in.” - Joe Rohde
    Avatar Image Used with Permission from °O°Joe

mini-V is offline Home at last near Mickey!
    Quote Originally Posted by Tinker Bell View Post
    I only ride the green version and think it is a lot of fun. It is even more fun when you get into it and play along. My 5yr old loved it, we rode it a bunch of times in a row last summer since there was no wait.
    I have a feeling that's why my dd and dh are only half-hearted about going on MS because they don't play along. Everything is better when you just pretend a bit!
    mini-V What will you celebrate?

Adult daycare for the kid inside you.