Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Miscellaneous Discuss Disney Triggers in the News & Rumors forums; From Night of Joy 2002, they would seem to play "Dive" almost everytime we would get off of a ride. It became a running joke for awhile, but we really ...
    KingJamesUT is offline The Hakuna Kahuna
    From Night of Joy 2002, they would seem to play "Dive" almost everytime we would get off of a ride. It became a running joke for awhile, but we really knew something was going on when we heard it getting on and coming off of Splash Mountain. Everytime I hear that song now, it triggers that memory.

This I think is a very weird one, but its still a trigger. I don't know if anyone remembers the Tambu lounge (now Ohana's), but we would spend our evenings there after a day at MK. One thing I remember most was leaning against the slanted windows while sitting on top of the AC vents which were on the ledge. For some reason, the smell and cool air was comforting (random, i know). Every once in a while i'll be standing in a hotel or airport that has vents like that and it'll trigger those memories. Sadly, it reminds me also of the mickey mouse tails they used to serve. Anybody remember those?
    Stitch Smash!

'86, '87, '88, '89, '90, '91, '94, '95, '97, '98, '99, '00, '01, '02, '03, '04, '05, '06, '08

'87, '89, '90, '93, '94, '99, '01, '05, '08

'92, '95, '96, '99, '04

'08

emabee is offline Not too much longer til I'm in the World again!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by KingJamesUT View Post
    From Night of Joy 2002, they would seem to play "Dive" almost everytime we would get off of a ride. It became a running joke for awhile, but we really knew something was going on when we heard it getting on and coming off of Splash Mountain. Everytime I hear that song now, it triggers that memory.

This I think is a very weird one, but its still a trigger. I don't know if anyone remembers the Tambu lounge (now Ohana's), but we would spend our evenings there after a day at MK. One thing I remember most was leaning against the slanted windows while sitting on top of the AC vents which were on the ledge. For some reason, the smell and cool air was comforting (random, i know). Every once in a while i'll be standing in a hotel or airport that has vents like that and it'll trigger those memories. Sadly, it reminds me also of the mickey mouse tails they used to serve. Anybody remember those?
    Believe me, it can't get any weirder than smelling dirty dish water and being transported back!
    http://pinefrog.com/DWT/vana.htm

Disney things I love:

The Capt'n:
    Pirates:
    Magic Kingdom:
    All things Alice:

britney05 is offline C-Ticket Holder
    LOL! I love 'em! I can relate to the tropical smell one and the smell of pineapples reminding me of dole whips. I love those things!

Speaking of dole whips.... there is a local ice cream store where i live that makes them and it makes me SO happy!! But, of course, Disney's is better..

I would have to agree with the person from Wisconsin though...Here in Ohio we get the humidity air and I just said to my mom a couple days ago "This weather makes me think of Disney!!" Thats usually when we get family vacation videos out, and that is so fun watching how we all look so different!! haha..

Quote Originally Posted by emabee View Post
    Believe me, it can't get any weirder than smelling dirty dish water and being transported back!
    Very true. I've been trying to remember mine as of late to see if I can trigger them on purpose. I know I have some weirder ones.
    Stitch Smash!

'86, '87, '88, '89, '90, '91, '94, '95, '97, '98, '99, '00, '01, '02, '03, '04, '05, '06, '08

'92, '95, '96, '99, '04

'08

bump
    Stitch Smash!

'92, '95, '96, '99, '04

'08

I smelled ranch dressing from McDonald's the other day and it transported me back to when my daughter spilled ranch dressing in the car when we were on the road to Disney for her first trip.

Disney things I love:

The Capt'n:
    Pirates:
    Magic Kingdom:
    All things Alice:

BamaJenn is offline Disnerd
    Hearing a train whistle.
    Seeing/smelling a hot pretzel.
    Carving a turkey at Thanksgiving.
    Hearing any Disney MP3.
    Seeing a commercial for another "theme park".
    The smell of crocs.
    The smell of a light rain on hot pavement.

The list could go on and on for me.
    Sometimes all you need is a reminder that out there lies a better place... a better world... a Walt Disney World.
    Visited In: 1983, 1988, 1989 x2, 1991, 1992, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2006 (passholder), 2007 (x2 x3), 2008, 2009 (x2), 2010, 2011 (x2)
    “Detail is there to make you believe in the reality of the story you’re immersed in.” - Joe Rohde
    Avatar Image Used with Permission from °O°Joe

The smell of a light rain on hot pavement

Ahhhh....you're right about this one. I agree.

Disney things I love:

The Capt'n:
    Pirates:
    Magic Kingdom:
    All things Alice:

pranker51502 is offline Annual Passholder
    I bought new motocross goggles the other day and they smell like the inside of space mountain. Not the dusty sorta smell, haha. But the mechanical sorta smell. Maybe it's just me.

Annual Passholder: '06,'07,'08,'09,'10,'11

Disney05 is offline Premium Annual Passholder
    I have two: My wife recently made southwestern dinner and I swear it smelled like the Peppermarket in CS.
    Every time I smell any kind of cleaner that has a strong lemon smell, it reminds me of a car I rented the first time we went to the World.
    When you wish upon a star.....
    LAUGHTER IS TIMELESS, IMAGINATION HAS NO AGE AND DREAMS ARE FOREVER.
    Adults are only kids grown up, anyway. WD
    ...That's the real trouble with the world. Too many people grow up. WD
    "For those who get it, no explanation is necessary. For those who don't, no explanation will do."

http://wdwhomesick.wordpress.com/

WDWFan08 is offline D-Ticket Holder
    I've two things myself: One isn't triggered by me, but by my oh-so-loving family. Every time they see a darn bird, they always tell me to watch out for the bird (see the Embarrassing Moments thread, very first post). The second thing that triggers a Disney thought is whenever I am on the bus to class or wherever. It's not as cool as the Disney buses, but similar make or models. Oh, and another thing, the other day, I smelled some amazing cookies and I automatically thought of the cookie smell (even though that smell is through those smell-a-litzers; I sound like Ariel, don't I?). Anyway, those were my two, or three.
    --
    Sarah

What will YOU celebrate?

Check out my recent photos in my photo album!

Shutterfly Website: http://amateurphotography.shutterfly.com/

MainStreet, USA is offline I'm walking right down the middle of Main Street, USA!
    Southington, CT/Daytona Beach, FL/ Main Street, USA!
    I've got countless Disney triggers, probably because of how fortunate I am that I can go as often as I do, and therefore have a ton of great memories to link them to. But probably one of the best triggers that I can recall is when you feel a sudden wave of heat, usually from walking outside from a cool, air conditioned building in the middle of summer. Immediately I'm taken back to one of my earliest Disney trips with my family, waking up in the morning, getting dressed in the hotel room and stepping outside to be greeted by the already surprisingly hot (and seemingly inviting at the time, although these days I don't care for the heat all that much) morning sunshine.

Another of my triggers is actually very similar (and ERich already mentioned a very similar one), but it has to do with nighttime strolls. I have fond memories of taking a late night walk with my mom around Dixie Landings (now Port Orleans Riverside... it was a while ago). I remember crossing one of the bridges and wandering around down by the pool area. Some of the things I found most memorable about that walk, besides the company anyway, was how pleasant it was... warm enough for shorts and a t-shirt even in the middle of the night, but cool enough to be comfortable. It was quiet, but not silent, and everything just seemed so peaceful. Now I can't go for a late night stroll without remembering that walk with my mom. Usually it's because the conditions are just never quite as pleasant, and I find myself taken back to that night at Dixie Landings by thinking of what a late-night stroll is supposed to be like. But on the rare occasion when the temperature is just right, and everything is quiet and peaceful, I'm taken back there again, this time thinking of how much the current conditions remind me of that night we took that walk.
    -Don-
    Your heart can just take wing,
    You can live out all your dreams...
    ...it's time to Remember the Magic!
    Yo Ho, Yo Ho, A Pilot's Life for Me...

When I see a long eared brown rabbit, it takes me back to spotting our first rabbit on Disney property while we were staying at Pop Century.

Disney things I love:

The Capt'n:
    Pirates:
    Magic Kingdom:
    All things Alice:

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12