Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Miscellaneous Discuss Disney Triggers in the News & Rumors forums; I thought I might start a new thread about Disney Triggers. You know, you're walking down the street and pass a bakery and the smell reminds you of the Main ...
    emabee is offline Not too much longer til I'm in the World again!!!

Disney Triggers

I thought I might start a new thread about Disney Triggers. You know, you're walking down the street and pass a bakery and the smell reminds you of the Main Street Bakery.

I know that my sense of smell is strongly linked to my memory and I have a real weird one relating to Disney.

When I was a CM at Tony'sTown Square Restaurant in MK, I was a seating hostess. We entered the restaurant from downstairs and made our way upstairs into the kitchen and then out to the dining room. Of course, in the kitchen, there's the dishwashing section. The kitchen always smelled of good food but whenever you had to walk over to the section where there were freshly washed glasses that we had to get to re-set the tables, you could always smell, well, the smell of dishwasher water. It has that particular smell. If anyone's ever worked in a restaurant, you know what I'm talking about.

Anyway, I now work in a hospital. Our cafeteria has one of those automatic tray returns that takes your dirty dishes and trays to the back to be washed. Whenever I take my dishes to the return, I can smell the dishwasher water and it takes me back to the days when I worked at Disney.

I know that's incredibly weird, but I figure you guys would appreciate the sentiment, if not the actual experience. LOL!
    http://pinefrog.com/DWT/vana.htm

Disney things I love:

The Capt'n:
    Pirates:
    Magic Kingdom:
    All things Alice:

Anyone else have any triggers?

Disney things I love:

The Capt'n:
    Pirates:
    Magic Kingdom:
    All things Alice:

mritty is offline Fastpass Holder
    This one's a little backwards, but any time I watch Fantasia, and hear the sequence that plays during the Sorcerer's Apprentice, I'm immediately taken back to Fantasmic. Obviously I know that Fantasmic took the music from Fantasia, but the movie always makes me think of the show, and never vice versa.

Someone just mentioned to me today something about "Pandora's Box", and I immediately thought of the Muppetvision 3D queue at DCA that I just saw - one of the wooden crates in the outdoor queue is labeled "Property of Pandora - DO NOT OPEN". :-)

Yes, these are exactly what I'm talking about. Keep 'em coming!

Disney things I love:

The Capt'n:
    Pirates:
    Magic Kingdom:
    All things Alice:

ftg09 is offline Fastpass Holder
    Okay this is a kinda weird one too, but the smell of Orbit sweet mint gum always reminds me of the candy shops in Disney.

Thumper10 is offline Missing Main Street...
    I think of Disney every single day in my calculus class...my teacher uses a lot of abbreviations on the board and whenever I see them my mind is automatically set to think of what it stands for in Disney language (you know..like WDW or AK for Animal Kingdom, HM for Haunted Mansion, etc.)...I totally forget that I'm in class. Just yesterday one of her abbreviations was CP and my first thought was "College Program"...lol...it must have taken me a whole 3 minutes to get out of Disney mode and figure out it stood for "Critical Point."
    -Amanda

When you believe in a thing, believe in it all the way, implicitly and unquestionable.
    -Walt Disney

dsnyqwn1 is offline Fastpass Holder
    Mine is just the smell of Florida. Every once in a while in the summer up here (Wisconsin) if you walk outside in the morning you get that tropical humid smell and that always reminds me of walking out of our hotel room (we stay at POR) to go to the food court.

Right now I can think if basic ones--the smell of oranges reminds me of Soarin', pineapples make me crave dole whips and of course any popcorn makes me want to take out my WDW popcorn container to eat it from.

http://wewantstheredhead.blogspot.com

LOL! I love 'em! I can relate to the tropical smell one and the smell of pineapples reminding me of dole whips. I love those things!

Disney things I love:

The Capt'n:
    Pirates:
    Magic Kingdom:
    All things Alice:

amberpi is offline B-Ticket Holder
    Any hotel I go into that has really cold coridors. I ususally stay at the Dolphin or Swan and their hallways are very cold. I travel professionally about 80% of the time and find that any time I walk into a cold hotel hallway I feel like I should be leaving my hotel room to pick up some breakfast (large coffee and a banana) and then head out to a park. Its sad when I realize that's not the case and I'm going to a client meeting instead. No Fair! I want to be at WDW!

rosworms is offline The Harry Potter fandom's little Disney Freak
    sunshowers.
    whenever there is a light rain while the sun is still shining brightly, i am suddenly transported back to Disney World.
    Disney Trips
    May 1994- WDW (off property)
    May 1997- WDW (off property)
    March 2001- WDW (off property)
    May 2006- Disneyland (off property)
    September 2010- WDW (POFQ)
    October 2012 - Wedding and Honeymoon! - WDW (POR)

Keasmom is offline DisneyWorldTrivia.com Lifetime Pass
    There is a certain smile my DD gives me and it is just like the one she had on her face when she woke up our first day at WDW, absolutely angelic. Now when I see that smile, I go right back there. The smell of fresh bread or cookies, the clatter certain trucks make on the road, certain flowers, and a lot of music take me righ tback.
    P.U.S.H.-A mantra MOST will not understand.

Disney rocks, Walt was a genius.

ERich2010 is offline just cant get enough
    walking down a street at night when its warm out (which only happens half of the year in ohio). Also, anytime i hear playoff music from old musicals, i think of the background music from main street
    Eric

Yo Ho Yo Ho a Pirates Life for Me...

Bangarang Rufio

anytime I'm anywhere...i can play "6 degrees of Kevin Bacon" and relate anything back to Disney...my friends just stand in amazement and are like "how do you do that!?!" lol
    All our dreams can come true if we have the courage to pursue them - Walt Disney

The problem is not the problem; the problem is your attitude about the problem - Captain Jack Sparrow

Laughter is timeless, imagination has no age, and dreams are forever - Walt Disney

SnwhtNdwrfs is offline Dancing with the dwarfs!
    Being entertained by the voices in my head
    Sometimes the smell of sunscreen will take me back. Disney music does also. I also play an online game of Bubbles and sometimes when I play that it reminds me of when I was planning our Thanksgiving trip. Makes me anxious all over again---the good anxious!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast