Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Miscellaneous Discuss Melts Your Heart in the News & Rumors forums; I don't know if there is a thread around here, but I was just reading the stuff about the autographs. Anyway, I was just thinking, I would like people to ...
    WDWFan08 is offline D-Ticket Holder

Smile Melts Your Heart

I don't know if there is a thread around here, but I was just reading the stuff about the autographs. Anyway, I was just thinking, I would like people to share experiences they have had or have seen while in Disney World that has truly touched their heart, brought tears to their eyes, or something extremely sentimental. This is a little different from embarrassing moments because those will make us laugh. I love hearing how people have had an amazing experience and share a moment where they would remember for the rest of their lives. So if anyone has a great, touching story to share, bring on the Kleenex!
    --
    Sarah

What will YOU celebrate?

Check out my recent photos in my photo album!

Shutterfly Website: http://amateurphotography.shutterfly.com/

Spyne is offline Fastpass Holder
    Yes, but not actually in the parks themselves. Well...not yet anyway. We'll see what happens in September.

But what has brought me to tears is some of the music, while picturing an image of one of the parks in my mind. Like I said, I bet it will happen when I'm actually there. But it's truly the music, combined with the happiness of everyone being there.
    Keep it cool, and keep moving forward!

Trips to Walt Disney World

1995: Port Orleans French Quarter - 2000: All-Star Music
    2008: Caribbean Beach - 2009: Pop Century
    NEXT TRIP: Sep/Oct 2011 - WDW's 40th Anniversary!

smith913 is offline Fastpass Holder
    At MNSSHP, my youngest was 5 and a huge Dopey fan (still is)! We were standing on Main Street watching the parade, and she was holding her stuffed Dopey in her hands. Well, guess who comes down the lane!!! Dopey!! He came straight over to her and put his forehead against hers! Oh my goodness . . . I was speechless, frozen and totally missed the Kodak moment! But she has never forgotten that, nor have we! I cried . . . Okay . . . ready to go back!!
    Samantha

October 2005 - All Star Movies, October 2006 - Pop Century, October 2008 - Pop Century, October 2009 - Pop Century, October 2011 - Pop Century

How cute! Yeah, it always happens when you don't have the camera out for the right time. But then again, memories last longer than pictures! I can't think of any heartfelt moments. I'm only 21, but trying to think at the top of my head. I do like it whenever I get to see Mickey Mouse, and I always get a "kiss" from him. It doesn't bring me to tears, but I do feel a little extra special. Hopefully Minnie doesn't get too jealous!
    --
    Sarah

What will YOU celebrate?

emabee is offline Not too much longer til I'm in the World again!!!
    We had a sweet moment last year. My daughter and I had been craving frozen bananas but couldn't find them ANYWHERE in Epcot. We remembered that that's where we had seen them the last time we had been there (in 2005). We were getting really disappointed. Anyway, we sat down on a bench near Mexico getting ready for IllumiNations when a little cart near us started setting up. I sent my daughter over to see what kind of snacks they had (we had already given up on the bananas) when lo and behold! He was selling the bananas. Maggie came running back and asked for money to get one. I sent her back with some money and a thank you card (we have them on hand in case we find a CM that is really good or does something out of the ordinary). In this case, the CM got one because he had our elusive frozen bananas! He appreciated the gift card so much that he gave Maggie a free frozen banana! It totally made her day. I went over to the cart and thanked him again and got his picture. His name was Alex.
    http://pinefrog.com/DWT/vana.htm

Disney things I love:

The Capt'n:
    Pirates:
    Magic Kingdom:
    All things Alice:

mmouse6937 is offline C-Ticket Holder
    I absolutely love Mickey and it's not a vacation until I've seen him and had my picture taken. DH and I waited in line at the Sorcerer Mickey meet and greet at the Studios and when I walked up, he saw my Pal Mickey and pointed to it and to him and I said "yeah, that's you, love you Mickey" and he squeezed my hand I guess in such a way that brought tears to my eyes as if he knew that it was an important moment. I know it's kinda stupid, but it was very important to me that the connection was made, because that's what it's all about!
    Sarah

76-84 Two Trips as a Child, '00 Best Western LBV, '01 Best Western LBV, '02 Polynesian (OUR DISNEYMOON!!), '03 CBR, '05 CBR, '06 DisneyLand, '07 POR, 09/08 CBR, 12/08 BC, 09/09 BW, 03/10 POP, 12/10 POP, 11/12 Dream Cruise 2.0

My babies: Nala, Scooter, Pinto, Minnie, Daisy, Dory, and George

"Saving one animal will not change the world, but surely for that one animal the world will change forever"

Mickey's#1Fan is offline Ready to go back to the World!
    Massachusetts... not close enough to the world :(
    well i LOVE mickey always have and always will but when i was about 8 i got my hair cut short and i was so nervous that mickey wouldnt recognize me so when we went to MK i was in line with my little brother waiting for his autograph... i then asked him if he recognized me with my new haircut and he nodded yes kissed me and wrote to Jennah Love Mickey in my autograph book... i went running back to my family soo excited and told my mom i knew he would recognize me see he even knew how to spell my name... my mom cried and to this day i still dont know how he found out my name since i didnt write it on the inside cover of my autograph book!
    Jennah
    Remember the MAGIC
    "a dream can be a dream come true with just that spark in me and you!"
    "in the big blue world...."
    "because i'm a lady... thats why"
    "it's a great BIG beautiful tomorrow!""Beware of hitch hiking ghosts!!"
    "it's hard to be cool when your dad is goofy!"

"please do not put on your safety goggles until you are safely seated safely inside the theater safely"- dr. nigel channing imagination institute

check...check...check...check...applause- four for a dollar

WDW
    Trips: '90 '91 '92 '93 '94 '95 '96 '97 '98 '99 '00 '01 '02 '03 '04
    '05 '06 '07 '08 '09 '10 '12

Veritas is offline Real Men Dig the Mouse
    Quote Originally Posted by emabee View Post
    We had a sweet moment last year. My daughter and I had been craving frozen bananas but couldn't find them ANYWHERE in Epcot. We remembered that that's where we had seen them the last time we had been there (in 2005). We were getting really disappointed. Anyway, we sat down on a bench near Mexico getting ready for IllumiNations when a little cart near us started setting up. I sent my daughter over to see what kind of snacks they had (we had already given up on the bananas) when lo and behold! He was selling the bananas. Maggie came running back and asked for money to get one. I sent her back with some money and a thank you card (we have them on hand in case we find a CM that is really good or does something out of the ordinary). In this case, the CM got one because he had our elusive frozen bananas! He appreciated the gift card so much that he gave Maggie a free frozen banana! It totally made her day. I went over to the cart and thanked him again and got his picture. His name was Alex.
    Carrying Thank You cards is a great idea!
    Veri S&B LLC WHAFTFCOL

SITTM, No Retreat, No Surrender!

Our Highly Trained Experts Are Always Prepared To "Assist" You.

ImaMouser is offline D-Ticket Holder
    I don't know that this melts the heart but here goes.

On our WDW trip in January of this year my brother-in-law went with us. It was his first trip to the World. He is a fireman.

We were eating at 50's Prime Time Cafe for lunch and we had just sat down and were looking at the menu. Our waiter (can't remember his name) was doing the normal routine of the cafe. No elbows on the table, eat all your veggies, etc. Then out of the blue he says something like "what does the fireman want to eat?"

We were stunned and immediately began to look at my brother-in-law to see if he was wearing any of his firefighter shirts or a cap. He was not. So we asked him how he knew. He said all firemen carry themselves the same way. They walk the same, act the same because they hang around each other all the time.

Disney CM's are amazing if they can do these types of things. Like I said, not a heart melter but a memory we will never forget.
    Walt is the man, Mickey is the mouse but Minnie is THE WOMAN

smith913 is offline Fastpass Holder
    Quote Originally Posted by ImaMouser View Post
    We were stunned and immediately began to look at my brother-in-law to see if he was wearing any of his firefighter shirts or a cap. He was not. So we asked him how he knew. He said all firemen carry themselves the same way. They walk the same, act the same because they hang around each other all the time.

Disney CM's are amazing if they can do these types of things. Like I said, not a heart melter but a memory we will never forget.

That definitely melts your heart! What unsung heroes who deserve our never ending gratitude! Hats off to the wonderful CM! Thanks for sharing! I love all of these stories!!
    Samantha

October 2005 - All Star Movies, October 2006 - Pop Century, October 2008 - Pop Century, October 2009 - Pop Century, October 2011 - Pop Century

I guess I should have included this with my last reply.

On our last day of our trip we were visiting the MK. We had a 7:15 pm flight home to catch so we didn't get to spend the full day there. The last thing we did at MK was watch the stage show in front of Cinderella Castle. As we got closer to the end of the show we all could feel the lumps coming in our throats that precede tears. We knew the end was near.

The show ended and we gathered our belongings and made our way down Main Street. We all stopped and turned to get our last looks at the castle about every 30 seconds until finally we could not see it any more.

My then 14 year old daughter just had big alligator tears rolling down her face with big sniffs of her nose. My 17 year old son never made a peep which is so unlike him. My brother-in-law just kept saying what a blast he has had and can't wait for the next trip. My wife held my daughter as we walked and she also held back tears. And me, a big burly 225 lbs man, could not swallow that grapefruit sized lump in my throat for anything.

Does anyone hate this place like I do? I'm never going back. Or at least not for the next few months.

Keasmom is offline DisneyWorldTrivia.com Lifetime Pass
    These stories are great-especially the fireman story-wow.
    P.U.S.H.-A mantra MOST will not understand.

Disney rocks, Walt was a genius.

Serkazong is offline Keep to the code.
    Earlier this year I was travelling solo on buisiness in the Orlando area. My family and I love all things Disney and our year revolves around our annual trip to WDW. I'm not a hardcore buisiness traveler and I begin to miss them pretty quick during my trips so I thought I would pass the time by driving to Downtown Disney one evening and grabbing a bite to eat.

WDW is a different place when you are by yourself. I was more in-tune with how people and families enjoy each other. I ended up sitting on a park bench near Fulton's Crab House to have a milkshake. The park music played one of my favorite Disney songs, "Feed the Birds" through a speaker near where I was sitting followed by "When You Wish Upon a Star". Becoming very homesick, I opened my cell phone to call home.

For the next three nights, I drove 40 minutes each way to sit on that same bench, drink a milkshake, listen to the music and call home from WDW. The next month when we took our family vacation and while at DTD, I asked my 6 yr. old son to sit on the bench with me one evening so we could really be together like I wished we were while I was away. As we sat down, he looked at me and said "we'll always be together daddy, because we're buddies".

I empathize with ImaMouser, and I'm glad I was wearing sunglasses at the time.
    Last edited by Serkazong; 05-22-2008 at 09:24 PM.

Aww, I love these stories. I totally can understand with the family trying to hold back those tears as they're leaving the MK. My family & I get Florida withdrawals. Haha. And as for the fireman story, I totally salute to both the CM and to the fireman. Both do a lot for us, and ask for nothing in return and yet, people complain.
    --
    Sarah

What will YOU celebrate?

Quote Originally Posted by ImaMouser View Post
    I guess I should have included this with my last reply.

On our last day of our trip we were visiting the MK. We had a 7:15 pm flight home to catch so we didn't get to spend the full day there. The last thing we did at MK was watch the stage show in front of Cinderella Castle. As we got closer to the end of the show we all could feel the lumps coming in our throats that precede tears. We knew the end was near.

The show ended and we gathered our belongings and made our way down Main Street. We all stopped and turned to get our last looks at the castle about every 30 seconds until finally we could not see it any more.

My then 14 year old daughter just had big alligator tears rolling down her face with big sniffs of her nose. My 17 year old son never made a peep which is so unlike him. My brother-in-law just kept saying what a blast he has had and can't wait for the next trip. My wife held my daughter as we walked and she also held back tears. And me, a big burly 225 lbs man, could not swallow that grapefruit sized lump in my throat for anything.

Does anyone hate this place like I do? I'm never going back. Or at least not for the next few months.
    So, a couple of days ago my daughter and I are riding in the car and I'm telling her about this quoted post I put here. About how we cried when we left and all. She starts crying again remembering that day and then she turns on Disney songs on her i-pod and we sing all the way to our destination. She's 15 and I'm 42 and we are singing and crying driving down the interstate. Why do we torture ourselves?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast