Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Miscellaneous Discuss Lucky the Dinosaur in NY in the News & Rumors forums; For those of us who live near NYC. Disney’s Lucky The Dinosaur Visits New York (News | Source: Walt Disney Company ) Lucky the Dinosaur will be visiting Washington Square ...
    Disney05 is offline Premium Annual Passholder

Lucky the Dinosaur in NY

For those of us who live near NYC.

Disney’s Lucky The Dinosaur Visits New York

(News | Source: Walt Disney Company)
    Lucky the Dinosaur will be visiting Washington Square in New York City this weekend during the first-ever World Science Festival at New York University on May 31. He will be on display as part of the ‘Science of Disney Imagineering’ where Disney Imagineers will give guests a view into how Disney uses science.
    When you wish upon a star.....
    LAUGHTER IS TIMELESS, IMAGINATION HAS NO AGE AND DREAMS ARE FOREVER.
    Adults are only kids grown up, anyway. WD
    ...That's the real trouble with the world. Too many people grow up. WD
    "For those who get it, no explanation is necessary. For those who don't, no explanation will do."

http://wdwhomesick.wordpress.com/

Stitch is offline Blogger, Artist, Creative Genius
    My ticket is printed and ready to go!

GIOny is offline Premium Annual Passholder
    Thanks for the info Do you know if you can get tickets when you get there or do you have to get them ahead of time??
    Last edited by GIOny; 05-31-2008 at 11:07 AM.
    It's kind of fun to do the impossible!

Disneyson is offline A-Ticket holder
    I just went, and it was FANTASTIC!!!!! You don't need a ticket to see Lucky so those without one, don't fret! Also, I think that he will be there tomorrow(Sunday), so go over there as quickly as you can and see Lucky!!
    (I'm new)

Sorry, how can you post videos here? I have a video of the event I'd love to post!
    Last edited by Disneyson; 05-31-2008 at 02:32 PM. Reason: Needed to ask a question

disneydame2004 is offline Celebrate Everyday!
    Welcome to DWT, Disneyson!

Just got back, too. Had a fabulous time at the presentation by the Imagineers called The Science of Disney Imagineering. Lucky is at their street festival, which is only scheduled for today. Unfortunately, we got soaked waiting to see Lucky and had to leave before his performance. He made brief appearances at the start of each of the 3 sessions of the Imagineers presentation and then longer appearances at 11, 1:30, and 4 p.m.

Unless, maybe they are holding the fair again tomorrow because of the rain today? I didn't hear anything, but maybe someone else did?

The presentation by the Imagineers was fantastic, and they stayed afterwards to chat. Dr. Anne Savage, who you may have heard Lou interview on the WDW Radio Show, was there, along with several other Imagineers.

Family is demanding I feed them, so I can't write more now. But if anyone is interested, the web site is World Science Festival — World Science Festival 2008 - Five Day Science Festival In New York City Featuring Nobel Laureates Co-Founded by Brian Greene and if they bring it back next year, make plans to go!

Disneyson, send the video to Lou@Disneyworldtrivia.com, he'll be able to post it in the downloads seciton. Thanks for sharing!
    Last edited by disneydame2004; 05-31-2008 at 06:34 PM. Reason: belated thought
    -Pat (Disneydame2004)
    Dream Team Auction Coordinator

Help make a child smile! Dream Team Project Firstgiving Page

Stitch is offline Blogger, Artist, Creative Genius
    Today's event was the best $14 I ever spent! It was so much fun. Never got to see Lucky, but still managed to have a blast!

mini-V is offline Home at last near Mickey!
    Sounds like it was a fantastic event. I hope to see Lucky one day, but since his "skin" didn't fare well in the FL climate, I suspect I'll have to go to him rather than wait for him to revisit Orlando.
    mini-V What will you celebrate?

Adult daycare for the kid inside you.

Sorry I had to miss it. Boy... I work too much.
    "For those who get it, no explanation is necessary. For those who don't, no explanation will do."

brad is offline A-Ticket holder
    i know i don't come around here much, but... i have photos and a detailed review of the event at The Science of Disney Imagineering - World Science Festival for anyone interested

Thank's for the link.