Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Miscellaneous Discuss Night of Joy? in the News & Rumors forums; In September I am going to NoJ, for the first time, with my church youth group. I was dissapointed to hear that it is held in the Studios instead of ...
    redheadbrown is offline Annual Passholder

Night of Joy?

In September I am going to NoJ, for the first time, with my church youth group. I was dissapointed to hear that it is held in the Studios instead of Magic Kingdom this year. Is it worth it. Is it a "one-timer"? Any feedback would be great.
    -Zac

albino_pygmy is offline The voice of the Jungle
    Where did you hear that it was really held at the "Studios"? I think you're getting this mixed with a similar event held at Universal Studios. As far as I know, they have "Rock the Universe" held at their Studios park, and Disney's had Night of Joy held at MK, and are usually ran on the same weekend.

disneydame2004 is offline Celebrate Everyday!
    Actually, this is the first year they are moving Night of Joy to Disney's Hollywood Studios. I've never been, so I can't help you with opinions, but AllEars has a page about it: Night of Joy - Disney's Hollywood Studios
    -Pat (Disneydame2004)
    Dream Team Auction Coordinator

Help make a child smile! Dream Team Project Firstgiving Page

DisneyGuy87 is offline Annual Passholder
    I have a great time at Night of Joy every year! And this year I am looking forward to the new venue. Enjoy the concerts, enjoy the rides and have a great time with your friends and see what God has in store for you. The concerts are really amazing and you get to see some of the best acts in Christian music, it's worth it, I know you will have a great time!

mini-V is offline Home at last near Mickey!
    Quote Originally Posted by DisneyGuy87 View Post
    I have a great time at Night of Joy every year! And this year I am looking forward to the new venue. Enjoy the concerts, enjoy the rides and have a great time with your friends and see what God has in store for you. The concerts are really amazing and you get to see some of the best acts in Christian music, it's worth it, I know you will have a great time!
    I've heard the same response from others that have gone. Yes, it is moving to DHS this year. I don't think the venue will have a big impact on the concert itself. Hope you have a great night.
    mini-V What will you celebrate?

Adult daycare for the kid inside you.

As for the event, I think it is a better move seeing as there are more theatres there that could be used for concert venues, but just doesn't feel right that it's held at DHS instead of MK where it's always been held. I wonder if they're trying to cut down on the crowds because from what I heard from people who went last year, it was wall to wall, shoulder to shoulder crowded most everywhere at MK and was a nightmare, so changing to DHS could be a way to cut down the crowds and have better venues for the performers.

mini-V is offline Home at last near Mickey!
    I think the move has more to do with other parks wanting their share of special events.
    mini-V What will you celebrate?

Adult daycare for the kid inside you.

If that's the case, I'll wait 'til they have it at AK so I can see how monkeys like to rock out with Newsboys