Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Miscellaneous Discuss Have you seen people from your hometown.... in the News & Rumors forums; Have you ever seen anyone from your hometown while on a trip to the World? I've yet to but this October between my wife and I, we know about 8 ...
    Disney05 is offline Premium Annual Passholder

Have you seen people from your hometown....

Have you ever seen anyone from your hometown while on a trip to the World? I've yet to but this October between my wife and I, we know about 8 other people going the same week we are. We're bound to run into someone.
    When you wish upon a star.....
    LAUGHTER IS TIMELESS, IMAGINATION HAS NO AGE AND DREAMS ARE FOREVER.
    Adults are only kids grown up, anyway. WD
    ...That's the real trouble with the world. Too many people grow up. WD
    "For those who get it, no explanation is necessary. For those who don't, no explanation will do."

http://wdwhomesick.wordpress.com/

smith913 is offline Fastpass Holder
    We go on Fall Break, as well as many of my students and their families. I have seen a few of the kids down there. The funniest one was when I ran into one of my boys at Pizza Planet! I told him I was there to give him math homework! He froze dead in his tracks when he saw me!
    Samantha

October 2005 - All Star Movies, October 2006 - Pop Century, October 2008 - Pop Century, October 2009 - Pop Century, October 2011 - Pop Century

cjborne2 is offline D-Ticket Holder
    Sort of. On this last trip we went on the very first CM we saw asked us for our zip code and when we told her, she rattled off the name of the community we live in. I also was a CM at the Fantasmic concession stand that goes to our local community college. Our babysitter was there the same time we were but we never did connect with her.
    Law School Family Reward Trip August 2005

Land-Sea-Land Vacation June 2008

Disney Wonder cruise to Alaska June 2011

My Milestone Birthday Trip April 2012

Cinderella2 is offline Thrilled to know there are others who sparkle!
    In 2005 we bumped into a family at MNSSHP who lived a couple of streets over. It was so odd.
    Then in 2006 we were seated at a table at 1900 Park Fare next to a woman I used to work with. We go in October and not as many people want to take their children out of school so it is very strange to see someone you know there.
    Dreams Really Do Come True

disneyfanatic101 is offline Trying to Get Back Into the Swing of Things!
    Quote Originally Posted by cjborne2 View Post
    Sort of. On this last trip we went on the very first CM we saw asked us for our zip code and when we told her, she rattled off the name of the community we live in. I also was a CM at the Fantasmic concession stand that goes to our local community college. Our babysitter was there the same time we were but we never did connect with her.
    Kinda the same story here. My dad talkes to EVERYONE and ANYONE. We found people that live close to us or are from the same area.
    Adam ~ A Proud D23 Charter Member!

bety is offline Disney World Beast
    Two years ago I went to Disney World with my parents and my boyfriend during Mardi Gras week, and we actually saw my boyfriend's brother and his wife, and we also ran into his math professor.
    Usually when we go at that time of year we see a lot of people from our area because a lot of people like to escape from the parades and partying and such.
    July 1994- off site
    February 1999- Port Orleans Riverside
    March 2000- Caribbean Beach
    January 2004- off site
    February 2006- Pop Century
    April 2006- off site
    January 2007- Pop Century
    December 2007- Coronado Springs
    December 2008- Pop Century
    December 2009- Coronado Springs/All Star Sports
    Next trip: December 2010- All Star Music

DisneyFamilyJD is offline B-Ticket Holder
    Lasy year for our first wedding anniversary we were riding POTC and in the boat in front of us I noticed 2 nuns on the ride. I turned to my husband and told him and instintly we both looked at eachother and thought it couldn't be...but it was. It was Sister Rosalie and Sister Rosmond...sisters in real life who are sisters. They had saved up for 4 years to fly down together to hit up the parks. They are great friends with my grandmother and have been in my life all 27 years. They sand at my wedding...it was exactly 1 year to the day of our wedding riding POTC when we spotted them. Did I mention that they are 80 and 82 respectively...still lovin the magic of the World at their age. They said they found cheap flights out of Boston. How funny!!!!!
    Danielle

WDW Visits: '85, '86, '87, '88, '89, '90, 91, '92, '93, '94, '95, '97, '98, '99, '00, '01, '02, '03, '04, '05, '06(2), '07(2), '08(4)

lilo88 is offline DisneyWorldTrivia.com Lifetime Pass
    Quote Originally Posted by disneyfanatic101 View Post
    Kinda the same story here. My dad talkes to EVERYONE and ANYONE. We found people that live close to us or are from the same area.
    lol, my mom and grandfather talks like that

We have ran into several people that we know almost everytime we've been to WDW. When we went on the cruise we saw a local radio host that was doing a week of broadcast from the ship. My mom kept his kids in daycare a few years before. Small world!! And I once saw a family that I went to school with. My mom can't go anywhere without seeing someone she knows lol
    Tiffany~o ~ D23 member

Sufferer of Disney Vacation Depression

97'~French Quarter, 99'~CBR, 01'~Movies, 03'~Music/PORriverside/DCL, 05'~POP, 06'~Movies, 08'~Movies, 09'~Disneyland/ Embassy Suites Irvine/ 10'~Music, 12'~LBV Best Western Disney View

Cinderelliefan is offline A-Ticket holder
    Bangkok, Thailand (originally from Louisiana)
    Now everybody sing...............t's a small world after all"

MandaBella is offline "She who must be loved."
    I do on every trip, which is odd considering how small my state is...
    Amanda
    always plotting, planning, and looking forward to our next adventure...

Flanagan is offline E-Ticket Holder
    Last August, I was at the California Grill, and sat right next to friends of mine from high school who were on their honeymoon. We hadn't seen each other in years!

The bigger thrill was running into Cal Ripken Jr in Fantasyland (the real Fantasyland, not the one in my head!), but he's not exactly someone from my hometown!

Now reach under your seat and pull out those 3D glasses...

Just kidding, this isn't a 3D presentation.

Tmntrans is offline Fastpass Holder
    Quote Originally Posted by bety View Post
    Two years ago I went to Disney World with my parents and my boyfriend during Mardi Gras week, and we actually saw my boyfriend's brother and his wife, and we also ran into his math professor.
    Usually when we go at that time of year we see a lot of people from our area because a lot of people like to escape from the parades and partying and such.
    We go alot to and run in folks during Mardi Gras too. Even after moving from New Orleans 7 years ago we still see folks that lives/lived there.

As a side note, we live in Lafayette La area and my wife ran into her neighbors in Lake Louise Canada . She turned a corner in the rose garden and literally ran right into them.

I heartpeterpan is offline "Just Keep Swimming"
    Yea it was so funny my family and I were in EPCOT and there was a family of 4 and they were all wearing Boise State t-shirts it was really cool we said hi and chatted for a bit saying its a small world cause Boise is like a really small town and to have seen locals in 1 of the 4 parks is pretty random as well
    Disney Family Vacation 2006 -POP Century

Disney Honeymoon 2007- Dolphin

Disney Graduation/Anniversary Celebration 2010 Caribbean Beach

joplin4 is offline C-Ticket Holder
    TEXAS!!--The greatest state in the Union (IMO)
    I was in the wave pool at Typhoon Lagoon with my family when I had just finished the sixth grade. I heard someone holler my name. I turned around, and there was my choir director in the pool with us. That was a shocker.
    Celebrating Walt Disney's birthday all month long with some of my favorite Walt Disney avatars. HAPPY BIRTHDAY WALT!!!!

"If you can dream it, you can do it. Always remember that this whole thing was started with a dream and a mouse."--Walt Disney

LockShockBarrel is offline C-Ticket Holder
    i don't think i've ever been to disney without running into someone i either know personally or that at least knows the buffalo area. i'm one of those people who talks to everyone which i suppose increases the odds that you'll find someone.
    the last time i was there our "cousin" at 50's prime time was from 2 towns over, and the manager of the local disney store who i'm aquaintences with saw us on main st but couldn't get over to us to say hi, so she told us the next time i was at the store.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast