Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Miscellaneous Discuss Disney Message Boards in the News & Rumors forums; I just want to tell everyone how much I enjoy the DisneyWorld Trivia message boards. We have much more freedom here to post links, photos, and other items compared to ...
    s2brown is offline B-Ticket Holder

Disney Message Boards

I just want to tell everyone how much I enjoy the DisneyWorld Trivia message boards. We have much more freedom here to post links, photos, and other items compared to another message board. This other message board that I won't name (it begins with an "I" and ends with a "t") censored a post I had because I mentioned Mousebits.

Has anyone else found this same issue?

Thanks to everyone out there in making this the best Disney message board out there!

tiggerguy is offline one of the good guys
    Quote Originally Posted by s2brown View Post
    I just want to tell everyone how much I enjoy the DisneyWorld Trivia message boards. We have much more freedom here to post links, photos, and other items compared to another message board. This other message board that I won't name (it begins with an "I" and ends with a "t") censored a post I had because I mentioned Mousebits.

Thanks to everyone out there in making this the best Disney message board out there!
    While we are more open than most, we too, have our limits. Glad you like it here!

Brian
    DWT Moderator

I completely understand about limits. Afterall, this is a family friendly message board.

Ayhab is offline D-Ticket Holder
    What Message Board Is It???????
    Ayhab the Arab
    It's amazing to think that this all started with one little mouse.

I don't want to give the full name, but I gave the first and last letter of the name in my post above.

They deleted my post because I made mention of another competing Disney website. I am not sure how Mousebits competes with them, but I will abide by their rules if I post with them in the future. Most, if not all, of my posts will be done here though.

dolbyman is offline D-Ticket Holder
    I am not sure how Mousebits competes with them, but I will
    mousebits has a competitor ? .. never knew

Love That Duck is offline D-Ticket Holder
    Quote Originally Posted by s2brown View Post

I know the board of which you write I received a reprimand/warning for mentioning AllEarsNet.

I love it over here on DWT. Loads of great Disney information and friendly folks! We're happy you found us.
    Last edited by Love That Duck; 09-29-2008 at 09:28 PM. Reason: added a sentence
    ~Jerry & Nancy~

Sept. 3 - Sunrise WEDDING Vow Renewal then Drive to WDW
    Sept. 4-16, 2011 - WDW HONEYMOON:
    Sept 4-9 - Pop Century
    Sept. 10-16 - Caribbean Beach

piwackitt is offline A-Ticket holder
    Quote Originally Posted by dolbyman View Post
    mousebits has a competitor ? .. never knew
    To those guys over at I______t, everyone is a competitor.

I e-mailed them back letting them know I thought it was ridiculous I could not mention another Disney website. Afterall, I believe that Disney fans should not compete but rather be a large community and all get along.

TikiGoddess is offline B-Ticket Holder
    I hope I don't get flamed for this, but I must defend I-----T. Yes, they do have restrictions on mentioning websites on their forums. Yes, sometimes it is an annoyance that you can't mention helpful sites like All Ears. However, they are very protective of their sponsors (understandably) and the rules are clearly stated in the Terms of Service. The mods run a tight ship but it also prevents people from posting links, advertisements, and going less-than-family-friendly.

I have been a member of I---T for years and found some absolutely wonderful people there. Thankfully there are lots of boards to choose from on the internet, so if one is not right for you, then another will be. I know lots of people who love the Dis boards, whereas I cannot handle them, with less mod involvement and thousands of posts a day.

I happen to like it here too... hope I can stay around!
    Kathy

marker is offline C-Ticket Holder

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by TikiGoddess View Post
    I hope I don't get flamed for this, but I must defend I-----T. Yes, they do have restrictions on mentioning websites on their forums. Yes, sometimes it is an annoyance that you can't mention helpful sites like All Ears. However, they are very protective of their sponsors (understandably) and the rules are clearly stated in the Terms of Service. The mods run a tight ship but it also prevents people from posting links, advertisements, and going less-than-family-friendly.

I have been a member of I---T for years and found some absolutely wonderful people there. Thankfully there are lots of boards to choose from on the internet, so if one is not right for you, then another will be. I know lots of people who love the Dis boards, whereas I cannot handle them, with less mod involvement and thousands of posts a day.

I happen to like it here too... hope I can stay around!
    Kathy
    Ditto!!

Everyone out there has their rules, and their reasons for them. And they are no surprise. I only recently started broadening my horizons by looking at other boards (such as this one). I figured the more information I can gather, the better. It's not about competing, or one being better than the other, its about gathering (and sharing) good info. Participating in another community not only increases the available resources, but perhaps allows for a different perspective in some cases.

So, any if given board has rules that perhaps seems over-the-top, I'd just say that too few rules would probably be an even less favorable thing.
    Last edited by marker; 10-07-2008 at 10:58 AM.
    Marker from MO
    ~ Unemployeed software developer looking for next opportunity
    ~ For more info see my home page
    ~ Friend of IASW's Happy Little Dolls (but don't hold that against me)

02/83 off site -- 11/83 off site -- 12/85 DLR --
    07/97 DL -- 08/00 ASMo -- 04/02 CBR --
    05/03 POFQ -- 06/04 DLR -- 07/06 Pop --
    03/07 POR -- 09/07 ASMu -- 04/08 ASSp --
    09/08 Pop -- 09/09 CSR -- 04/10 POR --
    05/10 SSR -- 10/10 CSR
    Next - 12/10 -2 nights SSR, 2 nights VBR (Vero Beach Resort)