Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Miscellaneous Discuss Pay it forward in the News & Rumors forums; I was just reading the pet peeves thread and was feeling a bit down from all the posts. I was going to post my own but everyone covered all mine ...
    DisneyDad71 is offline A-Ticket holder
    Raleigh, NC (formerly West Lafayette, IN)

Smile Pay it forward

I was just reading the pet peeves thread and was feeling a bit down from all the posts. I was going to post my own but everyone covered all mine. So I was thinking of all the good things that has happened to us from the other guests and some of the things we have done to maybe make someones day a little brighter. For instance, sometimes we won't use all our fastpass tickets and when we are walking past the stand-by lines we will give the extra tickets to whoever wants it. We have gotten VIP seats to the Indiana Jones stunt show just for passing our fastpass tix to someone else(cm saw us pay it forward) We also paid for the people behind us at a toll booth on our way to WDW. Strollers!!! We had a family pass their stroller to us as they were leaving AK. so for the rest of the vacation we passed our strollers to others, if we left early.
    Just trying to treat others as we would like to be treated. You know?

SnwhtNdwrfs is offline Dancing with the dwarfs!
    Being entertained by the voices in my head
    I like to go out of my way to talk to CMs. They are really interesting people. So many people just walk on by like they are not there. I did have to younger guys who thought I was nuts for stopping to talk to them.

I do have an idea that I will be trying in Dec but I don't want to jinx it. I'll post it after Christmas.

Jiminy Cricket is offline Ultimate Park "Hopper"
    1,015 miles from WDW in Central Indiana; Windermere FL
    The DW and I love talking to the CMs, especially the ones that as Gae pointed out are treated like they are not there like the sweepers, Mousekeepers, or food service CMs. Sometimes language is a problem, but just to recognize them brings a smile to their faces and perhaps makes their day a little more enjoyable. Also, giving up your place for a family with small children to better see a parade, or a show makes our day. We also trade rows on certain rides to let others have a better experience.
    Lord High Keeper of the Knowledge of Right and Wrong, Counselor in Moments of Temptation, and Guide along the Straight and Narrow Path and Oldest Active DWT/WDW Radio Member

DL: 1955* (1); WDW: 1977* (2), 1980* (2), 1985* (3), 1989* (3), 1996 (ASMu-3), 1999 (ASMo-3), 2000 (ASMu-2/PO-2), 2001 (ASMu-5), 2002 (ASMu-5), 2003 (ASMo-5), 2004* (8), 2004 (ASMo-8), 2005 (PC-10), 2006* (15), 2007* (20), 2008* (22), 2009* (26), 2010* (27), 2011* (32), 2012* (39), 2013* (36), 2013* (15), 2013* (9), 2013* (13), 2014* (40) Total Trips/Days = 26/353

*Off Property

DisneyDad71 is offline A-Ticket holder
    Raleigh, NC (formerly West Lafayette, IN)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jiminy Cricket View Post
    The DW and I love talking to the CMs, especially the ones that as Gae pointed out are treated like they are not there like the sweepers, Mousekeepers, or food service CMs. Sometimes language is a problem, but just to recognize them brings a smile to their faces and perhaps makes their day a little more enjoyable. Also, giving up your place for a family with small children to better see a parade, or a show makes our day. We also trade rows on certain rides to let others have a better experience.
    Now there is that Hoosier hospitality at work! who knows that could have been us you let up front....if so then thank you!

Dale-not-Chip is offline B-Ticket Holder
    We also pass the fast passses on when we have extra. Although we hold them till we get to the entrence, and we give them to a family of 3 just entering the park.

And I always have an extra smile and a warm hello for the CM.

TikiGoddess is offline B-Ticket Holder
    I love hearing stories like these. When in the parks I like to give out pins to kids and unused fastpasses to whoever I can.

I've been so inspired by those of us 'paying it forward' that I'm organizing a week of random acts of kindness at my school this spring. I'll be posting more about it in April... hoping to get the Disney community involved too...

Kathy

InStitches is offline Fastpass Holder
    Georgia, but wishing I were on the "Loveliest Village on the Plains!"
    On our last trip we had FP for RRC and we found we were not going to be able to use them. We went back over to the fastpass dispenser which was totally out for the day to give ours to someone who would be able to use them. A couple was obviously disappointed that they were all gone, so we handed them the fastpasses. The lady was so excited that she hugged me!

Flanagan is offline E-Ticket Holder
    Since I've been on all of the attractions so many times, I always offer the best seats to others, like the center seat in the back on ToT. To me, that's just common courtesy, but I'm always surprised at how grateful people are.

I also always hand out extra Fast Passes. Last trip, my cousins and I got FPs for Soarin' and decided that we didn't have the opportunity to use them because the time window was too close to an ADR, so we decided to do standby. When we got out, the time window of the FPs had arrived, so we were basically in posession of skip-the-line cards. We looked for the most exascerbated family we could find outside the ride entrance, and gave them our FPs. At first, they were a little confused, but then they saw the time on them and thanked us profusely.

Another one for me is families who are arguing about going on a particular ride that we are about to go on. It's often one person who wants to do it arguing their case against people who don't. If the timing is right, we'll ask if it's alright if that person joins us on the ride, and we act as one party. It's a quick way to make friends, and if it eases someone's experience, then I'm pleased as punch!

There's just something about being in the World that makes me feel very comfortable helping others, moreso than in everyday life. Maybe it's because we always go during the holiday season!

Now reach under your seat and pull out those 3D glasses...

Just kidding, this isn't a 3D presentation.

MagicMom is offline C-Ticket Holder
    Quote Originally Posted by Flanagan View Post
    There's just something about being in the World that makes me feel very comfortable helping others, moreso than in everyday life. Maybe it's because we always go during the holiday season!
    I totally agree about the positive feeling you get while in the World. There really is something that makes you want to spread the joy of just being there!

Mickey's#1Fan is offline Ready to go back to the World!
    Massachusetts... not close enough to the world :(
    this year when i was in the handicapped enterance of HM (basically where you get off the buggy) a cast member noticed a sword (that you can only receive from eating at cindys royal table) a young boy left in his seat she couldnt catch up to him right away so she placed it on the hand railing and was going to call another cm over to rush it to the little boy and his family as she turned her back to do this a group of obnoxious teenage boys walked by and swiped it off the hand rail she quickly noticed and yelled at them to give it back but they didnt listen so since i was just waiting i went over to them and picked it up bc they dropped it after getting yelled at i gave it to the cm and she thanked me.... after i got off the ride she stopped me and my family and had a manager waiting for us at the end of the ride he said since i made a little boy very happy i should be rewarded so he gave me a special pin and a fastpass for my entire family to use on any ride of our choice at any time! it was awesome!! just goes to show you that good deeds dont go unoticed!
    Jennah
    Remember the MAGIC
    "a dream can be a dream come true with just that spark in me and you!"
    "in the big blue world...."
    "because i'm a lady... thats why"
    "it's a great BIG beautiful tomorrow!""Beware of hitch hiking ghosts!!"
    "it's hard to be cool when your dad is goofy!"

"please do not put on your safety goggles until you are safely seated safely inside the theater safely"- dr. nigel channing imagination institute

check...check...check...check...applause- four for a dollar

WDW
    Trips: '90 '91 '92 '93 '94 '95 '96 '97 '98 '99 '00 '01 '02 '03 '04
    '05 '06 '07 '08 '09 '10 '12

Jester75 is offline A-Ticket holder
    Just this past week we recieved special lanyards with Year of a Million Dreams pins as prizes for the Year of a Million Dreams giveaways. Because there were three people in our party we recieved three of these special lanyards and pins. We carried two of them with us to AK the following day and gave them to a family with two young girls. The look on their faces was a great reward for parting with two of our three lanyards. Hopefully it added some "magic" to their trip!!