Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Miscellaneous Discuss Moving!!!!!!! Please stop by and write on here!!!! in the News & Rumors forums; we are moving to orlando and getting season passes to wdw and i was wondering if it w as a good idea? also any good advice?...
    tidoblue10 is offline A-Ticket holder

Talking Moving!!!!!!! Please stop by and write on here!!!!

we are moving to orlando and getting season passes to wdw and i was wondering if it was a good idea? also any good advice?
    Last edited by tidoblue10; 11-17-2008 at 12:15 PM. Reason: to make changes to the title.
    All disney FrEAk!!!!!!!!! WILL BE MOVING TO ORLANDO IN........ 4 weeks !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

newdrama12 is offline D-Ticket Holder
    That is AWESOME!!! I wish that I could move back down to Orlando
    You can dream, create, design and build the most wonderful place in the world, but it requires people to make the dream a reality" - Walt Disney

mini-V is offline Home at last near Mickey!
    I'm a bit of a newbie to the Orlando area, but I love having my annual pass. I have been to the parks 33 times since July 5th. Of course, being retired and not having to go to work everyday, opens up a lot of park time opportunities. The pass holder program seems to be adding some exciting activities to make being a pass holder even more inviting. Their speaker series is just taking off and has been well received thus far. Till you get settled, you may find that getting to a park is not going to be a priority, but if you think that WDW is going to become your main source of entertainment, then an annual pass is truly the way to go. Figure out how many times a year you hope to get to a park, and then see how that compares to the cost of an annual pass.
    Last edited by mini-V; 11-15-2008 at 09:48 PM.
    mini-V What will you celebrate?

Adult daycare for the kid inside you.

what pass do you have? and where is the best place to live in orlando ?
    All disney FrEAk!!!!!!!!! WILL BE MOVING TO ORLANDO IN........ 4 weeks !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Talking lets get this thread started agian

please write on here

mjburbridge1 is offline A-Ticket holder
    Hi. I am moving to Windermere (Just north of WDW) the last week in January. I am looking forward to it and will also purchase an annual pass!

Windemere is a really nice. DD has a new condo in that area. We live south of WDW. It's a less posh area than Windemere. Where you chose to live depends on where you will work. If you can avoid having to drive I-4 everyday, I'm sure you'll be happier.
    We have Florida Resident Annual passes. DH just upgraded his to play golf on the walking course.

Stitch is offline Blogger, Artist, Creative Genius
    Anyone have any ideas on what the Florida job market is like outside of working for WDW?

Can' wait to move

Windermere is nice but everything is priced well now. Can't wait to be your neighbor. Orlando is still a strong business city. The downtown area is attracting quite a few corporations and even though most cities in the US (including Orlando)have slowed, Orlando seems to be holding its own. Mike

P.S. I am moving from the NY area close to Manhattan and its pretty bad here.

Quote Originally Posted by mjburbridge1 View Post
    Windermere is nice but everything is priced well now. Can't wait to be your neighbor. Orlando is still a strong business city. The downtown area is attracting quite a few corporations and even though most cities in the US (including Orlando)have slowed, Orlando seems to be holding its own. Mike

P.S. I am moving from the NY area close to Manhattan and its pretty bad here.
    Plenty of houses for sale in my neighborhood. Come on down!

WDWFan08 is offline D-Ticket Holder
    I live in Windermere, myself in a house with a roommate. From where I live, we can see the MK fireworks nightly. Pretty cool. There are plenty of places to live. Windermere is a nice location (if you live off of 535) because it's quiet and not overly developed (yet). You do have to go to Ocoee to get to your closest Wal-Mart and whatever important conveniences. There is a shopping area called Winter Garden Village, and it's nice! Also, make sure you get a Florida ID/Driver's license before getting the annual pass! I live only 5 minutes from the MK and that makes it ten times easier for me when I have to go to work (i.e. tomorrow!). I'm about 15 minutes away from the other part of property via 535. So it's a good location and beautiful, too.
    --
    Sarah

What will YOU celebrate?

Check out my recent photos in my photo album!

Shutterfly Website: http://amateurphotography.shutterfly.com/

Thanks Sarah! My new house will also be off 535 and I'm looking forward to seeing the fireworks as well. I have been to that Winter Garden mall and it's nice. I should close on the house the last week in Jan. Hope to talk soon! Mike