Your Walt Disney World Information Station

Poll: Do you comment when you see celebration buttons?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Miscellaneous Discuss Do You Congratulate guests? in the News & Rumors forums; I make sure to notice and acknowledge bottons on my trips. I've been to Disneyland on my birthday several times. It makes the day so much more special when so ...
    DaisyGirl is offline A-Ticket holder
    97.7 miles from the Happiest Place on Earth
    I make sure to notice and acknowledge bottons on my trips. I've been to Disneyland on my birthday several times. It makes the day so much more special when so many cast members and guests give their well wishes.
    Originally Posted by harra

But, we were shocked when we went to Disneyland in 2007 for my wife's birthday and noticed that not only did very few CM go out of their way to wish her a happy b-day, but no guests. In fact, when we tried to wish people congratulatory wishes at Disneyland we often got very odd looks
    Actually, that does not surprise me at all!
    That surprises me. There are always people that just aren't social in that way and aren't going to say anything. But I've always felt as though I've been abundantly greeted and noticed while wearing my bottons.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    "Disneyland is the star, everything else is in the supporting role." ~Walt Disney

TrueLiz is offline A-Ticket holder
    I don't ever comment on them, but I think about it, and by the time I decide what to do, its generally too late. I can't decide if I'd want everyone commenting to me, so maybe that's my hold-up...

GoofyGuy is offline D-Ticket Holder
    Another take on this question sort of.,
    How many of you have ever helped with someone taking a picture?
    We just got back on Wednesday, and I'd say I stopped at least 20 times (my wife says more) during our stay and helped with taking a family picture, by asking the person taking the picture if they'd like to be in the picture and have me take it for them. A 100% of them say yes and are very gratefull. Especially when its 1 person taking a picture of his wife or girlfriend. And I'm ususally the shy one, but when it comes to this for some reason the last 10 years of us going down, it's been my little task.
    February 1997 - Off Property
    October 1999 - Off Property
    November 2000 - Off Property
    November 2001 - All Star Music
    November 2002 - All Star Music
    November 2003 - All Star Movies
    November 2005 - Port Orleans / French Quarter
    October 2007 - Pop Century Classic Years
    November 2008 - Port Orleans / French Quarter
    November 2010 - Port Orleans / French Quarter
    November 2012 - Port Orleans / French Quarter
    November 2013 - All Star Music

Tinker Bell is offline DisneyWorldTrivia.com Lifetime Pass
    I love when someone offers to take our picture so I try to do the same for others, some say no thank you, some are thankful for the offer.

mini-V is offline Home at last near Mickey!
    Quote Originally Posted by GoofyGuy View Post
    Another take on this question sort of.,
    How many of you have ever helped with someone taking a picture?
    We just got back on Wednesday, and I'd say I stopped at least 20 times (my wife says more) during our stay and helped with taking a family picture, by asking the person taking the picture if they'd like to be in the picture and have me take it for them. A 100% of them say yes and are very gratefull. Especially when its 1 person taking a picture of his wife or girlfriend. And I'm ususally the shy one, but when it comes to this for some reason the last 10 years of us going down, it's been my little task.
    I offer to take pictures for guests, but I have to admit that I'm not the greatest photographer. There are so many CM's taking photos these days, that I don't find I need to make the ofter very often.
    mini-V What will you celebrate?

Adult daycare for the kid inside you.

lilo88 is offline DisneyWorldTrivia.com Lifetime Pass
    I notice and congratulate anyone I see with a button on. I know how special it made me feel and I was glad to do the same for another person or couple!
    Tiffany~o ~ D23 member

Sufferer of Disney Vacation Depression

97'~French Quarter, 99'~CBR, 01'~Movies, 03'~Music/PORriverside/DCL, 05'~POP, 06'~Movies, 08'~Movies, 09'~Disneyland/ Embassy Suites Irvine/ 10'~Music, 12'~LBV Best Western Disney View

LockShockBarrel is offline C-Ticket Holder
    Buttons and pins: I hate to say it, but I don't bother anymore. This past trip was the first time I ever really tried to take notice, and for every one person that would say "thank you", I got at least 3 say "oh it's not really my birthday/anniversary/etc". I get that people take their "birthday present" trip at times of the year that work for them or whatever, but then you get the other ones who figure they'll milk it and get free stuff because they were it. Annoying, yes, but whatever, it's their call. My peeve about it is just say "thank you" if someone brings it up.

Taking pictures for other people: Only in restaurants or lines where it's my "neighbor". Frankly I don't want to waste my time while you explain your camera to me while I'm on the way to a dinner reservation or the like.

ChrisX is offline B-Ticket Holder
    I know what its like to come home from vacation look at the pictures and then realize that there are no pictures with me and my wife together. So I wouldn't say that I hunt for picture takers, but if I see someone I will usually offer.

DHI
    DHI is offline C-Ticket Holder

Re: Do You Congratulate guests?

I tend to keep to myself in large crowds
    Wishin' I was in the World

What will you CELEBRATE!

tasha36 is offline Dreaming....

I never used to, but Andy and I loved the way people came up and said congratulations whilst we were on honeymoon so I will do from now on.
    Tasha

1981 - Offsite
    1983 - Offsite
    1987 - Offsite
    1990 - Offsite
    1993 - Offsite
    2002 - All Star Movies
    2006 - Coronado Springs
    2007 - Port Orleans French Quarter
    2013 - Port Orleans French Quarter
    2014 - Whole family trip! (Thanks Dad!)
    2015 - Three trips in a row?? Fingers crossed

zeusywoo is offline DisneyWorldTrivia.com Lifetime Pass

I wished Happy Birthdays & one congrats to a bride & groom on this last trip.
    1st MK Oct. '80, DL '90, CBR '98, VB & WLV '01, BCV Jun '06, SSR Oct '06, POR Jun '09, BCR Feb '11 & POFQ Mar '11, AKLJ Jul '11 BLT Nov '12 BWRV Nov '12 AKLJ & BWRV Aug '14 BCV Sept '14
    Have a Magical Day! Deck 7 Cool Kids Dar

joanna71985 is offline Friend of the Disney Characters!!

Yes I do.
    Many as a kid (1986-1998)Aug 1998- Port OrleansMarch 2003- Jr Band Trip (offsite)Aug 2003- Port OrleansJan 12-Aug 5, 2005- CP (CS)Jan 1-5, 2006- AS Sports (solo)May 24, 2006-Jan 5, 2007- CP (CS)Jan 31-Feb 3, 2007- offsite (solo)March 1-3, 2007- Dad+ Me (offsite)May 16-Aug 10, 2007- CP (CS) Aug 10-12, 2007- GF/P&PMay 21- Aug 15, 2008- CP (PC)Aug 15-18, 2008- AKL!!Mar 25-29, 2009 (offsite)Aug 10, 2009-Jan 2, 2010- CP (CS)Jan 3-May 14, 2010- CP (CS)Feb 12-16, 2012: DCL DreamOct 20-27, 2012: DCL Fantasy (Eastern)Sept 8-12, 2013: DCL Dream Jan 20-24, 2014: DCL Magic Dec 3-6, 2014: DCL Wonder (for now)

CP #1: 1/12/05-8/5/05: MK merchandise and parades
    CP #2: 5/24/06 to 1/5/07: character attendant!!
    CP #3: 5/16/07-8/10/07: Epcot WS Custodial/seasonal CA
    CP #4: 5/21/08-7/5/08: Casey's (QSFB); 7/6/08-8/15/08: character attendant
    CP #5: 8/10/09-1/2/10: Toy Story Mania attractions
    CP #6: 1/3/10-5/14/10: Great Movie Ride attractions
    FT: 5/16/10~
    Montclair State Campus Rep- Fall 2007, Spring 2008, Fall 2008, Spring 2009

kat228 is offline Fastpass Holder

I always try to say Happy Birthday! And I'll try to notice their name I went for my birthday this year and when a CM noticed, I did my best to thank them by name too! Loved it!

For some people though, it may embarrass them. We had my Dad get a button for his birthday. Everyone wished him a Happy Birthday, he hated it, the rest of us loved it!

Follow me on Twitter! --Live when I'm at the parks!
    Hey look! I started a blog! Disney updates 11/16!
    Drink Around the World in Epcot
    Upon entering the theater, please move as far to the end of the row as possible.
    Stopping in the middle is distinctly unpatriotic.
    ~Sam Eagle

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12