Your Walt Disney World Information Station

Poll: Do you comment when you see celebration buttons?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Miscellaneous Discuss Do You Congratulate guests? in the News & Rumors forums; With 2009 just around the corner and a new campaign, "What Will You Celebrate", I wondered how many people from this forum wish people "Happy Birthday", "Happy Anniversary" or "Congratulations" ...
    mini-V is offline Home at last near Mickey!

Do You Congratulate guests?

With 2009 just around the corner and a new campaign, "What Will You Celebrate", I wondered how many people from this forum wish people "Happy Birthday", "Happy Anniversary" or "Congratulations" when they see someone on WDW property wearing a celebration button.
    mini-V What will you celebrate?

Adult daycare for the kid inside you.

zeusywoo is offline DisneyWorldTrivia.com Lifetime Pass
    Never noticed them. But, when I go in June I will be sure to look for them. Now that I know. I did notice brides & grooms & wished them well. My husband & daughter are taking me for my birthday so I think they will be getting me one of the buttons. Should be fun, I love all this stuff. Can't wait.
    1st MK Oct. '80, DL '90, CBR '98, VB & WLV '01, BCV Jun '06, SSR Oct '06, POR Jun '09, BCR Feb '11 & POFQ Mar '11, AKLJ Jul '11 BLT Nov '12 BWRV Nov '12 AKLJ & BWRV Aug '14 BCV Sept '14
    Have a Magical Day! Deck 7 Cool Kids Dar

Spodie is offline Fastpass Holder
    I should really be more observant. I can't recall wishing anyone a happy anything, but I think I will make it a point to do that this time around.
    ~Ashleigh

little grammy is offline Fastpass Holder
    We tend to wish happy birthday or anniversary when we spot a button. (Also, the white wedding ears are hard to miss on the bride...)
    "MagicMeets" Attendee 2006, '07, '08 and '09

"D23 EXPO" Attendee 2009

First Time Cruiser--- Disney Dream
    Feb. 2011 Deck 7 #7186

kylewhit89 is offline Annual Passholder
    i dont for the simple fact that if someone says something to me i get all nervous and weird like:"howd you know that" (dur! ur wearing a button)
    it has happened severl time with people i have gone with and my self!

haha
    Around here, however, we don't look backwards for very long. We keep moving forward, opening up new doors and doing new things... and curiosity keeps leading us down new paths. - Walt Disney

Sorria is offline Fastpass Holder
    I notice but I don't say anything.
    Upcoming Trips to WDW:

Dec 6-10: Disney Wonder
    Dec 10-19: Port Orleans French Quarter

Tinker Bell is offline DisneyWorldTrivia.com Lifetime Pass
    You may be starting a trend here mini-V!

I do notice the buttons, I don't say anything because I'm afraid they will say "what does she want" which is silly. If they didn't want anyone to make a fuss, they wouldn't wear a button! I think I will make more of an effort next visit and get over myself.

When I see someone wearing a button, or bride and groom ears or a special custom made tshirt....I always congratulate them if I am passing by! I've even been known to go out of my way to go up and congratulate a new bride and groom. My hubby and I spent our honeymoon at WDW and I know how special it made me feel to have people congratulate us so I just like paying that feeling forward!

StarsNStripes is offline 40th was amazing!
    Just imagine...On May 27th, I'll have bride ears, plus married button, plus birthday button....
    I'm about as All-American as they come!
    *Natalie*
    Must get a new trip on the books! I'm dyin' here!

harra is offline Fastpass Holder
    When my wife and I went in Sept 2006 for the first time, we were celebrating our Honeymoon and my birthday. We were really surprised at how many guests were congratulating us and shouting Happy Birthday at us as they passed by.

So, we made it a point to try and notice what buttons are being worn and pass on well wishes (Pay it forward). It has sometimes privided a great opportunity to strike up conversations with strangers.

But, we were shocked when we went to Disneyland in 2007 for my wife's birthday and noticed that not only did very few CM go out of their way to wish her a happy b-day, but no guests. In fact, when we tried to wish people congratulatory wishes at Disneyland we often got very odd looks
    Ray
    Head Grump
    Grumpy's Hollow

dsnyqwn1 is offline Fastpass Holder
    We will see when we go in April. Brianna will get a first visit button. Im usually to preoccupied looking at things that I dont see other people and what they are wearing. How ever if I see them on the bus or at the hotel I usually do.

Tinker Bell is offline DisneyWorldTrivia.com Lifetime Pass
    Quote Originally Posted by harra View Post

But, we were shocked when we went to Disneyland in 2007 for my wife's birthday and noticed that not only did very few CM go out of their way to wish her a happy b-day, but no guests. In fact, when we tried to wish people congratulatory wishes at Disneyland we often got very odd looks
    Actually, that does not surprise me at all!

MandaBella is offline "She who must be loved."
    Truthfully, I never notice buttons. I do notice Bride and Groom ears and do wish them well. We got a lot of attention with our ears on honeymoon, so we like to continue it for other newlyweds.
    Amanda
    always plotting, planning, and looking forward to our next adventure...

I must admit that I don't really congratulate the 1st Time visitor button wearers. To me that isn't such a celebratory event. But I really try to go out of my way to congratulate the Anniversary, Honeymoon, and Birthday people
    Ray
    Head Grump
    Grumpy's Hollow

My wife also tries to strike up conversations with those with Make-A-Wish buttons on. They aren't Disney provided, but we've noticed them on occasion. We have a nephew that is a Make-A-Wish recipient so the organization holds a special place in her heart (hence her involvement with the auction at MagicMeets with her quilt).
    Ray
    Head Grump
    Grumpy's Hollow

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast